Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem performance issues caused by Denuvo !

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/al26b6/no_spoilers_it_looks_like_drm_denuvo_is_the_main/

Looks like I found the cause yet again to why Anthem did load instantly to the main menu, but took over 30-60 seconds to load into the actual game, Denuvo is the cause yet again !

Not buying the game I would suggest everyone else do the same until Denuvo is removed because the performance is really awful.
PhryMrMelGibson[Deleted User]Xarkoalkarionlogmmolou

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    imagine my shock!
    XarkoOctagon7711
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    My most recent experience with Denuvo is that pirated version of FFXV performed way better than the steam version.

Now I get the joy of cancer once again with DMC5. Kill me.
    [Deleted User]RenoakuXarkoalkarionlog
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Well what’s going to piss gamers off more, botters/hackers, as Denuvo is also anti-cheat or a poorly optimized Denuvo, that slows load screens down a bit? Denuvo isn’t causing 30-60 second load screens. It’s the game. If it wasn’t there it would still be brutal load screens, guaranteed. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

toddze said:
    Well what’s going to piss gamers off more, botters/hackers, as Denuvo is also anti-cheat or a poorly optimized Denuvo, that slows load screens down a bit? Denuvo isn’t causing 30-60 second load screens. It’s the game. If it wasn’t there it would still be brutal load screens, guaranteed. 
    Its not a PVP game and you only ever play with a couple of other people at most, those kinds of things wouldn't cause enough of an issue. Besides as an anti-cheat program Denuvo is a fail. :p
    GdemamiOctagon7711
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    toddze said:
    Yep I didn't buy the game because of Denuvo.

Also Skipped buying DMC 5 because of Denuvo.

But the Developers of Devil May Cry 5, accidently leaked the Denuvo DRM free version and FPS was around 20+ FPS performance when benched by another user compared to Denuvo so those saying it doesn't effect performance is false.

Also this was not accounting for users like myself who use their PC to run multiple games, or use it as a work station which often causes Denuvo games to get 1 second random freezes, and even lower performance across multiple apps, even on an i7/i9 or Ryzen system doesn't really matter what you are using the impact is there.

Also Denuvo Games do not remain protected past a week especially true for AAA games like Resident Evil, DMC, Dino Crisis, Far Cry usually c****** and leaked within a week of release a full working copy which leaves the only people hurt by the DRM the paying consumer it's why I stopped buying games all together using Denuvo as a DRM.
    SignexGdemamimmolou
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Renoaku can you tell us what DRM programmes you are happy with and support?
    SBFordmmolou
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Phry said:
    toddze said:
    Its not a PVP game and you only ever play with a couple of other people at most, those kinds of things wouldn't cause enough of an issue. Besides as an anti-cheat program Denuvo is a fail. :p

They are adding leaderboards to Anthem so what you are saying is its ok to let cheaters get the top place ?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Scot said:
    My guess would be THE FCK DRM INITIATIVE.

Denuvo is causing cpu bottlenecks for games that should be gpu intensive and its causing issues for gamers.  I'm at a point where I either have to buy a new cpu, skip them or simply pirate games that use denuvo. I'm not buying a new CPU to play games that are defective by design.
    bartoni33PhryGdemamiRenoakuOctagon7711
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Rhygarth said:
    Phry said:
    toddze said:

They are adding leaderboards to Anthem so what you are saying is its ok to let cheaters get the top place ?
    Totally false equivalency, there are less intrusive methods of preventing those kinds of things, and you are fooling yourself if you think Denuvo can prevent it in the first place. As for leaderboards, what would be the point, besides which with all the issues with the game perhaps they should be concentrating more on not bricking PS4's and adding content for whoever is left playing the game. :p
    Gdemami
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Shaigh said:
    Scot said:

Denuvo is causing cpu bottlenecks for games that should be gpu intensive and its causing issues for gamers.  I'm at a point where I either have to buy a new cpu, skip them or simply pirate games that use denuvo. I'm not buying a new CPU to play games that are defective by design.
    As a hyper-realistic shooter fan I appreciate that something like DRM can cause issues, anything that could make my game lag is a pain in the joystick. However, DRM stops piracy and gaming is a better place without piracy.

So you can understand my querying if this is about real issues or just something drummed up by those like yourself that think piracy is OK. I do though appreciate that the onus is on the developers to get their DRM software to work without causing issues.
    Gdemami
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I only opened this to see if I was right about who created it.  I was!
    Scotmmolou
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    edited March 2019
    Denuvo as it pertains to anthem isn’t for piracy. You can’t pirate games that require you to sign into an account to play, which has no offline mode. 

The game is cpu intensive because it’s shitty optimized. My i9 9990k set 4.5 ghz works it’s ass off, playing this game. If Denuvo wasn’t there would it be a little les cpu intensive? Probably. Would you get a FPS boost? Probably. With that said. I’ve played pve games and botters/hackers by far ruin my game experience more than a small % increase to cpu/load screens and a little less fps. 

Btw idk of any anti cheat software that’s a 100% of course people will find a way around Denuvo. But it stops rampant runaway botters. 

Btw my hope one day is they add PvP javelins Or PvP gear for different loadout . And PvP content.  
    Scot

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited March 2019
    Scot said:
    Shaigh said:
    Scot said:

As a hyper-realistic shooter fan I appreciate that something like DRM can cause issues, anything that could make my game lag is a pain in the joystick. However, DRM stops piracy and gaming is a better place without piracy.

So you can understand my querying if this is about real issues or just something drummed up by those like yourself that think piracy is OK. I do though appreciate that the onus is on the developers to get their DRM software to work without causing issues.
    If I pirated stuff I wouldn't have to deal with denuvo, I would just grab it once it was cracked. Its just comfortable getting legal copies and not having to deal with the hassle that happens with pirating stuff.
    alkarionlogGdemami
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Renoaku said:
    toddze said:
    Yep I didn't buy the game because of Denuvo.

Also Skipped buying DMC 5 because of Denuvo.

But the Developers of Devil May Cry 5, accidently leaked the Denuvo DRM free version and FPS was around 20+ FPS performance when benched by another user compared to Denuvo so those saying it doesn't effect performance is false.

Also this was not accounting for users like myself who use their PC to run multiple games, or use it as a work station which often causes Denuvo games to get 1 second random freezes, and even lower performance across multiple apps, even on an i7/i9 or Ryzen system doesn't really matter what you are using the impact is there.

Also Denuvo Games do not remain protected past a week especially true for AAA games like Resident Evil, DMC, Dino Crisis, Far Cry usually c****** and leaked within a week of release a full working copy which leaves the only people hurt by the DRM the paying consumer it's why I stopped buying games all together using Denuvo as a DRM.

just so, to the people who think denuvo is a anti cheat and anti piracy tool, DMC5 is already free to download on piracy sites.(without denuvo, since for some I will need to spell it)

you know what is funny? denuvo is not free, company pay for it, with in line, for the people who liked epic pricing for devs, would lower they gain margin, but how we can see, don't matter what anti piracy the game will have, people will break it, so its not only a waste of time and resources, its also something who make the legit player feel ripped and more then likely next time they will play the game, but not buy the game
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Shaigh said:
    Scot said:
    Shaigh said:
    Scot said:

If I pirated stuff I wouldn't have to deal with denuvo, I would just grab it once it was cracked. Its just comfortable getting legal copies and not having to deal with the hassle that happens with pirating stuff.

only hassle I can see is if you like online play, if not not even that
    toddze said:
    Denuvo as it pertains to anthem isn’t for piracy. You can’t pirate games that require you to sign into an account to play, which has no offline mode. 

The game is cpu intensive because it’s shitty optimized. My i9 9990k set 4.5 ghz works it’s ass off, playing this game. If Denuvo wasn’t there would it be a little les cpu intensive? Probably. Would you get a FPS boost? Probably. With that said. I’ve played pve games and botters/hackers by far ruin my game experience more than a small % increase to cpu/load screens and a little less fps. 

Btw idk of any anti cheat software that’s a 100% of course people will find a way around Denuvo. But it stops rampant runaway botters. 

Btw my hope one day is they add PvP javelins Or PvP gear for different loadout . And PvP content.  

actually sc2 and MHW says hello, and as long you can play alone, with I heard you can, they can make it a pirated copy of it, even if they can't, its not like people who is skipping the game is losing much
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited March 2019
    Why would you put a Denuvo DRM into a freaking always-on multiplayer game where your Origin game launcher is basically all the DRM that you need<O> The execs of EA are freaking mental. Jesus Christ.

You are supposed to put an anti-cheat solution, not a DRM.... ffs

I guess they take this reddit thread as some peasant joke that they are too rich to understand, lol.
    Gdemamialkarionlog
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    My most recent experience with Denuvo is that pirated version of FFXV performed way better than the steam version.

Isn't the steam version DRM-free? (For DMC5)
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Why would you put a Denuvo DRM into a freaking always-on multiplayer game 
    ....because that is where it makes most sense since Denuvo cannot be effectively removed from the game unlike in case of offline game.
    Panther2103alkarionlog
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why would you put a Denuvo DRM into a freaking always-on multiplayer game where your Origin game launcher is basically all the DRM that you need<O> The execs of EA are freaking mental. Jesus Christ.

I guess they take this reddit thread as some peasant joke that they are too rich to understand, lol. 
    Denuvo is anti-tamper. DRM isn't the only thing it does. It's a robust anti-cheat solution as well. They expanded it's functions last year.
    Gdemamialkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Isn't the steam version DRM-free? (For DMC5)
    Even if it was, Steam itself is a form of DRM.

Denuvo is anti-tamper. DRM isn't the only thing it does. It's a robust anti-cheat solution as well. They expanded it's functions last year.
    and still don't work even with the new "feature"
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019

Yes, I know it's hip to hate on Denuvo.. and no software is ever going to be completely hack proof.. and it does affect performance on lesser systems, especially i5 systems.. but it stops major cheating issues from getting out of control and makes it quite hard for the average user to use something like an aim-bot. Anything that alters the game files will be flagged.

If you want cheating in these games to go away.. you got to accept that your PC is going to have to do more work. It's the same for any anti-tamper or anti-cheat software.

Single player games don't need it.. games with multiplayer generally do need it.

Denuvo also stops.. or at least prevents.. people starting private servers.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Yes, I know it's hip to hate on Denuvo.. and no software is ever going to be completely hack proof.. and it does affect performance on lesser systems, especially i5 systems.. but it stops major cheating issues from getting out of control and makes it quite hard for the average user to use something like an aim-bot. Anything that alters the game files will be flagged.

If you want cheating in these games to go away.. you got to accept that your PC is going to have to do more work. It's the same for any anti-tamper or anti-cheat software.

Single player games don't need it.. games with multiplayer generally do need it.

Denuvo also stops.. or at least prevents.. people starting private servers.
    wrong again, most cheating tools, hacks and such first thing they do, they turn off such anti-cheat softwares

what you are saying is wishfull thinking on hoping denuvo would stop cheats, but cheats first rule is to copy certain files inside the game files, or install such files, so they turn off such softwares, or the very least not be detectable, only way to mitigate such hackings would be banning people who does doing a server side check or abnormal things, like damage or time completion of mission/quests.

little example, MHW there is several quests timer of people who finished such quest in 0:01 time, but since capcom don't bother to check they are still there

so again denuvo is a waste of resources and money and there is no valid argument to make use of such, unless people inside are using these things to deviate money from the company
    Gdemami
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250

If that were true, Apex Legends wouldn't rely on shitty easy anti-cheat but rather on Denuvo since they already have it.