Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem's 1.0.3 Update Goes Live with Respawn Restrictions Removed & Loot Changes - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem's 1.0.3 Update Goes Live with Respawn Restrictions Removed & Loot Changes - MMORPG.com

The v1.0.3 update for Anthem went live over the weekend. It came out earlier than expected and bring some big changes to the game's loot system. In addition, respawn restrictions have been removed, though a short timer is in place for some activities. Technical improvements include better stability and audio enhancements. Lastly, a beefy list of bug fixes and other improvements addresses a wide array of systems and features. However, it appears a number of other issues have cropped up as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    The most underrated change in this patch was being able to hold R to go to the expedition screen instead of always having to run to the center of Fort Tarsis.
    RoinHatefullcmacq

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    For a lobby screen loading simulator this game is decent.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    The changes are a nice start. If I were them, I would prioritize the following:

*Reduce load times, especially on consoles, as much as possible.

*Increase percentage of masterwork/legendary Component drops, as Grandmaster 1 is actually painful without at least a couple of these to increase durability.

*Weapon visual customization. 

*Ironing out mission bugs that make Quickplay a bad time.

*Fix issues related to respawn changes in strongholds. Ie: my group was completely locked out of continuing in Heart of Rage yesterday after everyone on the team individually wiped and respawned at the 2 furies. The barrier for the old respawn restriction system was still there and was impassable. I was only able to complete the mission after two people left and were replaced by other players who started inside the barrier.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    edited March 2019
    All fixes are very welcome. But since the patch I have;
     - Disconnected from the game more.
     - Got to the end of a mission and nothing happens so I've had to reload the game and loose my loot even the session persisted.
     - Seen GFX tearing and an over bearing red glow on everything.
     - White scrren of death half way through a mission respawn.
     - Lost much loot.

I literally don't know how much more I can take, I will bneed to put it to rest for a few months, my game time is not enjoyable in Anthem, sad times :(
    SBFord[Deleted User]Asm0deusThaharinfomatz
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    IMO

They need to fix the loot drops first. As a lot of people said on different forums. It is the hunt for top gear that is fun, not the hunt for gear in general.

Like D3 getting your set is few hours and you can have lots of fun, the real fun and reward is when you get a set item with better stats or even ancient.

And thats how it should be in Anthem, a shit-ton of MW so you have a chance of some better/optimized stats or slavage them to craft.

And they need to fix the MW and Legendarys that something like +2% weapon damage cant happen.

AFTER that they can start fixing

Quickplays,
    Sound Problems (still exist, for some it is even worse)
    Loading Screens
    General bugfixing

If they dont change the loot drops in 2-3 weeks, i am afraid, there will be no players anymore to enjoy the other fixes.
    Gdemami
    Shinobe said:
    IMO

They need to fix the loot drops first. As a lot of people said on different forums. It is the hunt for top gear that is fun, not the hunt for gear in general.

Like D3 getting your set is few hours and you can have lots of fun, the real fun and reward is when you get a set item with better stats or even ancient.

And thats how it should be in Anthem, a shit-ton of MW so you have a chance of some better/optimized stats or slavage them to craft.

And they need to fix the MW and Legendarys that something like +2% weapon damage cant happen.

AFTER that they can start fixing

Quickplays,
    Sound Problems (still exist, for some it is even worse)
    Loading Screens
    General bugfixing

If they dont change the loot drops in 2-3 weeks, i am afraid, there will be no players anymore to enjoy the other fixes.
    I kind of agree. They don't even have to increase legendary drop rates. Just masterwork. I'm sick of getting killed in less than a second/dying in 1-2 hits because Masterwork components are not dropping for me on a difficulty level that requires Masterwork components to survive.

I don't need another masterwork gun. I need more armor and shields. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Work on early access seems to be going strong, as a shooter fan I may join end of the year. ;)
    Rain_DeathravenRoinXarkoThahar
    I mean they've literally fixed the loot drop rate problem twice... by accident. And then reverted it back.
    Rain_Deathraven
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    By the threads and comments in game's sub-reddit it look like the devs simply write off current players completely while they finish the game - for few more months most likely. This is especially funny when you think about initial sales as probably the best/highest sales this game will ever have.
    Gdemami

Thank you for your time!

edited March 2019
    Also, apparently, the console destruction, though rare, is/was a thing. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not those rumors were exaggerated.

My cousin has a friend whose PS4 (original) actually fried playing Anthem (before this patch). As in it was releasing smoke and is being reinbursed by Sony.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Aeander said:

Also, apparently, the console destruction, though rare, is/was a thing. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not those rumors were exaggerated.

My cousin has a friend whose PS4 (original) actually fried playing Anthem (before this patch). As in it was releasing smoke and is being reinbursed by Sony.

Sorry mate I just don't buy that. PS4s have died in games before Anthem and they will die in games after it. You're telling us Sony is going to replace it? If you believe that I've got a small bridge for sale here.....
    Gdemami
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    My sound cuts out as soon as I reach the title screen. I gave them a chance... I'll be jumping ship to the division. I have EA Premier so if they ever get things fixed I'll be happy to look again. But right now they are running around without a plan seems like.
  • Riqqy82Riqqy82 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    This game is dead sadly, it has no direction, the game director is pathetic and reasonably a waste of money. If i was the owner of this project i would fire him, these are harsh words but they are 100% true, ill offer some advice and im guessing hardly anyone will disagree with me.

#1 Class diversity
    - Collossus = Tank/Initiator
    - Storm = Combo/CC
    - Interceptor = Dispatch of lesser enemies/Get in, get out
    - Ranger = heavy Artillery/Big damage\

#2 loot
    - GM1 is in a good spot
    - GM2 should be purple/masterworks, small % chance of legendaries
    - GM3 should be masterworks, small chance of legendary, 100% chance of 1 legendary off the final boss

#3 Stats
    - Get rid of them all and roll stats per class specific to class ex. Interceptor should be health/melee/speed, collossus should be health/support speed/duration, storm should be effect duration/shield/support speed, ranger should be all weapon damage/weapon effinciency(big clips/fast reload/high impact.

If someone could get this to them it would be much appreciated as i love the vision of anthem just hate the product.
    Rain_DeathravenGdemamimmolou

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I hope they remove player tethering.

I hope they remove player tethering.
    Or at least increase the leash size. I can, and often do, trigger the tether while making every attempt to keep pace.

Hell, one of the repeatable contract missions has a respawn point far outside the tether range, so respawning triggers 2 loading screens.
    rojoArcueid
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    This has been an awesome game. It needs some tweaks and content and it is being delivered. Sony def bought Bioware some PS hate with their bad playstation designs. MY PS has been crashing out since red dead with HDR on so thats not a Bioware issue that's a weak console issue. It's sad to see such a fun game getting trashed due to outside issues.
    [Deleted User]infomatz
    Rastan1 said:
    This has been an awesome game. It needs some tweaks and content and it is being delivered. Sony def bought Bioware some PS hate with their bad playstation designs. MY PS has been crashing out since red dead with HDR on so thats not a Bioware issue that's a weak console issue. It's sad to see such a fun game getting trashed due to outside issues.
    The game is a lot of fun. I agree with that. 45+ hours (by my estimation), and I'm still having fun.

However, if you sell a game on a platform, it is your bare minimum responsibility to ensure that it functions effectively on that platform.

This is a gray area on PCs because PCs have so many variables for hardware involved, and many of these are too outdated to run a majority of modern games. The industry, in turn, meets this standard with recommended and minimum system specs. The caveat here being that if you advertise your game as working at a particular minimum spec, it had better work at that minimum spec.

Console issues are less execusable because there are no hardware variations (other than the PS4 Pro and XBOX One X). The developer knows the exact system specs they are developing for, and has an obligation to optimize their game to function at those specs. Can't make a game work safely on the base PS4 or base XBOX? Advertise the game as a Pro/X exclusive. Or better yet, release it for the PS5 or XBOX Triple Crunchwrap Supreme. Maybe then we'd have gotten a finished game.

It's ridiculous and dimwitted to blame the hardware. Every developer deals with the limitations of the hardware. Not every developer does so this poorly. 
    Gdemami
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Aeander said:
    Rastan1 said:
    The game is a lot of fun. I agree with that. 45+ hours (by my estimation), and I'm still having fun.

However, if you sell a game on a platform, it is your bare minimum responsibility to ensure that it functions effectively on that platform.

This is a gray area on PCs because PCs have so many variables for hardware involved, and many of these are too outdated to run a majority of modern games. The industry, in turn, meets this standard with recommended and minimum system specs. The caveat here being that if you advertise your game as working at a particular minimum spec, it had better work at that minimum spec.

Console issues are less execusable because there are no hardware variations (other than the PS4 Pro and XBOX One X). The developer knows the exact system specs they are developing for, and has an obligation to optimize their game to function at those specs. Can't make a game work safely on the base PS4 or base XBOX? Advertise the game as a Pro/X exclusive. Or better yet, release it for the PS5 or XBOX Triple Crunchwrap Supreme. Maybe then we'd have gotten a finished game.

It's ridiculous and dimwitted to blame the hardware. Every developer deals with the limitations of the hardware. Not every developer does so this poorly. 
    While I agree with the sentiment....also keep in mind Sony approved the game.  As far as that particular issue, there's more than one guilty party. 

As for the other issues the game has.....I've just stopped playing until the day a "miracle patch" comes in.  Too many other good games to play. 
    Aeander said:
    Rastan1 said:

While I agree with the sentiment....also keep in mind Sony approved the game.  As far as that particular issue, there's more than one guilty party. 

As for the other issues the game has.....I've just stopped playing until the day a "miracle patch" comes in.  Too many other good games to play. 
    It depends on whether the PS4 crashes/shutdowns that sparked the controversy were in the base game or were the result of a patch. My understanding was that the shutdowns were reported after a patch, but I could be wrong on that account.

Sony might have a responsibility to QA the patch on their own end, but if the breakages were the result of the patch, they can't really be held responsible for selling the game itself on their platform.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I've been playing this game on PS4 for a few weeks now and every time I look online at any gaming news this game is being torn a new hole. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones enjoying it without issue. Fingers crossed lol.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The most underrated change in this patch was being able to hold R to go to the expedition screen instead of always having to run to the center of Fort Tarsis.
    Can you do it all the time now? You've always been able to do this if you are in a team.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Can you do it all the time now? You've always been able to do this if you are in a team.
    Yes.
    TheDarkrayne