Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2's Massive Endgame - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I don't understand the point of strongholds while leveling up since it will reset after you hit max level, it just delays you getting max level without giving much back.
    I also don't understand why the gaming industry keep holding on to this level up shit.
    Make level 1 max level, and rather level up gear and stuff like that, grind for stuff to unlock skills or gear instead.
    It is still room for a story missions and stuff like that, but knowing that you have to play through this whole thing, that, i would say most people, don't really care about the story. before you can start to look for some better gear etc. Just make everything matter and count toward getting to the "end" game.
    Keys are also a form of progression.

Many keys and skills could be tied to quests and epic adventures. Imagination is the only limitation :)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Does anyone know if you can actually change the FOV so something larger than the default of like 60.  
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    goboygo said:
    Does anyone know if you can actually change the FOV so something larger than the default of like 60.  
    I didn't even check this... but the first one did not have one. 
    Xarktard

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    Why are we talking end game, a term never used 15 years ago,instead of talking THE GAME?

To me,when the focus becomes end game,it means there is no game or a very shallow meaningless game.Also imo there is very little game,pew pew through corridors and rooms,pickup loot and that is pretty much THE GAME.Yep we been there done that a thousand times before,no need to invest in another game being another copy cat or cheap sequel.

Go figure but two things i want to hear about with gaming is gaming,from the very first minute and what are you doing to warrant me buying your game,anything creative or different?If the developer cannot focus on those two main concerns,i have no care for their product.

So how to sum up TD2?Well if it was released 20 years ago and we had never seen this gameplay before,sure might be pretty darn good,but this is 2019,old news,not interested.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Doesn't sound like any end game to me to be fair.

It sounds like you just repeat existing content but under a different name at a harder difficulty, something that most (all?) games criticised in the opening paragraph also had. Even Anthem has the ability to repeat content to get better gear, so you can up the "world tier" in order to gain access to better gear albeit just higher drop rates in Anthem apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying Div2, but this feature reads like every other feature about the previous games trying to make it sound like it has solved the problems the previous game had, and I fully expect to be reading another in the future about how Div2 was lacking in end game, but this new title has learnt from it.
    gunklacker
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Tenaka30 said:

It sounds like you just repeat existing content but under a different name at a harder difficulty, something that most (all?) games criticised in the opening paragraph also had. Even Anthem has the ability to repeat content to get better gear, so you can up the "world tier" in order to gain access to better gear albeit just higher drop rates in Anthem apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying Div2, but this feature reads like every other feature about the previous games trying to make it sound like it has solved the problems the previous game had, and I fully expect to be reading another in the future about how Div2 was lacking in end game, but this new title has learnt from it.
    The Div1 had problems with it's endgame?... Maybe in the beginning.. but I came back after 1.8 and there were SHITLOADS of things to do.

Obviously most of them were around getting better loot.. which the aim of a cover shooter looter.
    Xarktard

..Cake..

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84

sgel said:

Tenaka30 said:

The Div1 had problems with it's endgame?... Maybe in the beginning.. but I came back after 1.8 and there were SHITLOADS of things to do.

Obviously most of them were around getting better loot.. which the aim of a cover shooter looter.

Are you including paid for DLC? If so, is that fair? If someone did not buy the DLC, what end game are they left with?

Obviously every game is different in how it implements the end game but my point was it's pretty much the same thing dressed up differently and this article seems to go to lengths to describe what we have seen before described as a lack of end game, but *this time*, it's done right.
    gunklackerOctagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looks like lots of stuff to do after this content is done.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• eilegzeilegz Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Its like they merged the content style of ghost recon wildlands and assasin creed odyssey into this game making it super massive, im pretty hype for this one, hopefully the variety and rewards seems good
    Octagon7711
  • eilegzeilegz Member UncommonPosts: 2

Aeander said:

That's actually quite impressive.

But how's the visual customization. Are they doing better than beanie's this time around?

better but not on the same level as black desert online https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/az4y97/character_customization_sneak_peek/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

But can you fly?

No, but we all have cell phones. :)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Not going to be on Steam so screw Ubisoft.  I do not use Uplay nor the Epic store.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Ozmodan said:
    Not going to be on Steam so screw Ubisoft.  I do not use Uplay nor the Epic store.
    How dare a developer sell their game on their own platform.
    The audacity!

[Deleted User]MadFrenchieOzmodanPsym0n

..Cake..

• CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    definately im gonna buy this game day one withought a 2nd thought. I ve had so much fun in beta playing both solo and in a group, sometimes with randoms and a hole day played with a friend. I enjoyed the combat, the story, the loot, the missions and ofc the dark zone. Reading now this article about the content of the end game increased my hype :) I was disapointed about anthem's end game content, even if i loved the combat and the graphics so much, wasnt enouph for me to keep me playing it. So i really hope this game become my new virtual home and have fun with it long time.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Sounds good enough to have me wondering if there will be Australian servers.
  • zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    endgame mission in the beta was bad. just a unfair hard mission with overpowered enemies.