Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Introduces the World to Its New Loremaster - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Introduces the World to Its New Loremaster - MMORPG.com

Early last month, the Elder Scrolls Online team lost its longtime Loremaster, Lawrence Schick. Now a mere month later, the ESO community can rest easy knowing that great stories will continue to be told thanks to Leamon Tuttle being promoted to the job. Tuttle has been on the ESO team for eight years and was the principal writer on both Clockwork City and Murkmire.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Good luck to the new loremaster.

And as an aside, what a great job title. Girl at bar asks what you do. I AM THE LOREMASTER. Awesome.
    AlverantinfomatzScotklash2def

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I've never understood why anyone gives a crap what video game designer works at what company. 
    squibbly
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57

Deyirn said:

It's a waste of good lore if the gameplay is so shallow and boring. I thought I could enjoy the story of the game at least, but even that becomes smeared and destroyed by the piss poor gameplay.

The only storyline I managed to finish was the one of the Daggerfall Covenant, finished Vvaredenfell too, because I'm a big Morrowind fan (was not impressed) and I reached Malabal Tor in the Aldmeri Dominion storyline when I just couldn't take it anymore... I still had DLCs and content purchased that I never managed to reach due to my frustration with the game's idiotic gameplay, in particular, the combat system and how easy leveling is.

That's a fair amount of moaning coming from one person.

In any case I wish the new loremaser good luck. Lawrence Schick was so suited for the role tho :(
    SBFordgervaise1
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Good to see. Some very good writing.
    Octagon7711
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    lol OMG Leamon we went to college together. NICE
    SBFordinfomatzklash2def
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    I've never understood why anyone gives a crap what video game designer works at what company. 
    Because it's interesting to see what their pedigree is and what they might bring to the table.

For example, Lawrence Schick worked for TSR and apparently wrote White Plume Mountain.

That's of interest.

Leamon Tuttle went to school with momintim and that's of interest!
    Amathe[Deleted User]SBForditchmonsquibblyinfomatzScot
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Sovrath said:

Because it's interesting to see what their pedigree is and what they might bring to the table.

For example, Lawrence Schick worked for TSR and apparently wrote White Plume Mountain.

That's of interest.

It seems more like nerdy fanboy nonsense to me.
    IselinTillersquibblypantaro
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

What a grump. You don't have to dump on someone's interest. A well-developed lore enriches the gameworld and keeps players interested.
    [Deleted User]Scotklash2def
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

I would say video games are pretty nerdy so it's probably more about "picking your poison."
    [Deleted User]Asheramitchmonpantaroinfomatzklash2def
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

Just curious...why are you here? On this site I mean? Aren't we all nerdy fanbois?
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Asheramitchmonsquibblypantaroinfomatzklash2def
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

Says the guy with a warrior action figure for his avatar :)
    [Deleted User]SovrathAsheramTillersquibblygervaise1Scotklash2def
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

Better than an avatar of a cow taking a dump.
    squibbly
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

It's a bull taking a shit.
    squibbly
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

Just curious...why are you here? On this site I mean? Aren't we all nerdy fanbois?

I read what is going on with a GAME. I don't care about who is making the game.
    squibbly
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

I read what is going on with a GAME. I don't care about who is making the game.

If you played a game you really really liked dont you think it would be wise to follow the ones who made it so theres a chance to play another one you really like?
    infomatz
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

It's a bull taking a shit.

Which is fitting, because whatever point WarEnsemble is attempting make seems like Bullshit.
    squibbly
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Sovrath said:

That's of interest.

If you are playing ESO chances are, like me, you are into the lore. Its actually inportant for ESO players to know there is a talented writer back behind the scenes putting out interesting stories.

In a world full of MMOs ESO stands out largely because of lore. I wish the new loremaster all the best :)
    gervaise1klash2def

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Calm down guys, some people just don't get the importance of lore and writing in games.

Good luck to him, I am not sure he has the pedigree to take the series forward but only time will tell.
    Gurrbokklash2def