Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2's Massive Endgame - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Division 2's Massive Endgame - MMORPG.com

Watching Massive’s Endgame info dump livestream yesterday, I found myself nodding so often I could have probably hurt my neck. I can’t possibly speak to how good of a game The Division 2 will end up being at this point, but one thing’s for sure, it won’t be lacking in endgame content.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    But can you fly?
    RhygarthSvarcanum
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wow, okay. Now I'm officially interested in this game. Never played the first but that does sound like A LOT of content and a nice loop to keep people interested long after the honeymoon. If only this was an open world sci-fi or fantasy MMORPG w/ a persistent world.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Still looking forward to this. Last beta, once you completed a few main and side missions you got a sample of an end game mission. One mission playing with a restricted version of any of the three specialized classes against Black Tusks, who didn't mess around. I got my butt handed to me several times playing solo until I managed to get to the end of the mission. Loved every min. testing out the specialized classes.
    Valdheim

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Goodness. This all sounds great. I hope it plays as well as it reads. Seems very thought out, and enough to sink my teeth into.
    infomatz
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Honestly I didn't expect THIS much content once you hit 30... I was expecting to mostly roam DZ.. but there's so much more now.
    Ubisoft pushing all the right buttons.
    boris20XarktardinfomatzRoinUm4dBruh

..Cake..

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    That's actually quite impressive.

But how's the visual customization. Are they doing better than beanie's this time around?
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Pretty please with sugar on it.

Can we change the term "End Game" with "Late Game".

IMHO the term End Game has done a lot of damage to the genre and the industry.
    boris20[Deleted User]infomatz

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Avengers: Lategame doesn't have the same ring to it :/
    laseritboris20

..Cake..

Aeander said:

But how's the visual customization. Are they doing better than beanie's this time around?
    There are weapons skins and different outfits, along with finding clothing items in loot cashes.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Aeander said:

I had various military style caps, baseballs caps, and even some like police/riot gear type helmets in Division 1. They certainly expanded the selection quite a bit.

They'll probably be far fewer beanies though as Div2 in DC seems to be set in summer/spring. 
    boris20
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    So to any Division experts, how does it typically play? Is it lobby based with a lot of loading screens or is it just a huge map you're traversing through where friends or randoms can drop in at any moment?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    sgel said:
    Avengers: Lategame doesn't have the same ring to it :/
    Yeah, its does sound kind of lame doesn't it ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited March 2019
    So to any Division experts, how does it typically play? Is it lobby based with a lot of loading screens or is it just a huge map you're traversing through where friends or randoms can drop in at any moment?
    Mix of both. When you are out in the open world you will see other agents, this includes in Dark Zone so they can be friend or foe there. Map is very big and open and you can traverse regions without load screens.

However when you are in a mission it is instanced to your group. 

You'll see plenty of random players at hub locations, non-combat areas and the like.

I believe there is a loading screen when you join a party as you transfer to that person's "world" i.e. shard.

Honestly don't know if you group invite someone standing next to you in the open world if you load/re-load or not.
    maskedweaselFlyByKnight
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    edited March 2019
    BadSpock said:
    Mix of both. When you are out in the open world you will see other agents, this includes in Dark Zone so they can be friend or foe there. Map is very big and open and you can traverse regions without load screens.

However when you are in a mission it is instanced to your group. 

You'll see plenty of random players at hub locations, non-combat areas and the like.

I believe there is a loading screen when you join a party as you transfer to that person's "world" i.e. shard.

Honestly don't know if you group invite someone standing next to you in the open world if you load/re-load or not.
    The majority of the game loads you in "seamlessly" as you mentioned.  Like, going from a safe zone to the open world, to the dark zone, you load into each area through a series of doors, but there aren't loading screens.

When in a safe zone joining a group won't cause a loading screen. (if you're in the same instance of safe zone)

Structured PvP obviously requires you to go through a loading screen to play it.

When playing missions in a group, you will load into another players instance if you join them, but if they join your group they load into yours. 

After you complete a mission, if you want to rerun it right away, it usually reloads into the environment again.
    FlyByKnightinfomatz

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,822

Not entirely sure on The Division 2 but in The Division 1 it was party based, meaning that if you were not partied with anyone then you would not see anyone else in the PvE sections.

You only see other people if you are partied with them for PvE or in the PvP Dark Zone.

Also, no loading screens unless you do fast travel or something like that.
    A call goes out when another player needs help (you can hit the G key to call for assist).  Getting to him seemed pretty seamless. Don't remember a loading screen for that, may have been.
    infomatz

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

I never had the feeling of being in a "lobby" in division. Though its not "MMO" as in, you wont see hundreds of other players out in the world. It does a good job of covering the smaller populations in zones. There are loading screens, but also lots of large open areas. I felt D1 had about the right mix of area vs population so you didnt feel crowded but still come across others in the DZ. 
    FlyByKnight
    Xiaoki said:

Not entirely sure on The Division 2 but in The Division 1 it was party based, meaning that if you were not partied with anyone then you would not see anyone else in the PvE sections.

You only see other people if you are partied with them for PvE or in the PvP Dark Zone.

In TD2, with clans, you can join and see other clanmates in the open world.  Not sure exactly how it works though, as I haven't had any a chance to join a clan and test it, but that's what they say.
    BadSpockOctagon7711FlyByKnightinfomatz

edited March 2019
    Division 2 definitely seems to either suffer or benefit from "Ubisoft Open World Game Syndrome" depending on how you look at it/what your preference is.

Each area has dozens and dozens of places to explore and little events going on and collectibles to find and missions/side missions to run etc. like the latest few Assassin's Creed games.

I personally like it, as you can kind of wander aimlessly and still find something fun to do, but it can also be a system overload for people, especially people who are completionists that just HAVE to find/fix/complete everything.

They are very content rich, but depth is kind of hit or miss.

The side missions I played in Beta for Div 2 were just about as complete and detailed as the main story missions.
    laseritblastermasterOctagon7711FlyByKnightinfomatziby355
    Xiaoki said:

In TD2, with clans, you can join and see other clanmates in the open world.  Not sure exactly how it works though, as I haven't had any a chance to join a clan and test it, but that's what they say.
    I wonder if it just tries to automatically put clan members into the same servers/shards (sorry old UO term).
    BadSpock said:
    Xiaoki said:

I wonder if it just tries to automatically put clan members into the same servers/shards (sorry old UO term).
    It would be cool if it did that.  Not sure how it works but I'm excited to find out.  I would think it would have to be optional though because the living world thing is supposed to be player specific.

• VikingmannVikingmann Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited March 2019
    I don't understand the point of strongholds while leveling up since it will reset after you hit max level, it just delays you getting max level without giving much back.
    I also don't understand why the gaming industry keep holding on to this level up shit.
    Make level 1 max level, and rather level up gear and stuff like that, grind for stuff to unlock skills or gear instead.
    It is still room for a story missions and stuff like that, but knowing that you have to play through this whole thing, that, i would say most people, don't really care about the story. before you can start to look for some better gear etc. Just make everything matter and count toward getting to the "end" game.
    laseritAnthur
    I don't understand the point of strongholds while leveling up since it will reset after you hit max level, it just delays you getting max level without giving much back.
    I also don't understand why the gaming industry keep holding on to this level up shit.
    Make level 1 max level, and rather level up gear and stuff like that, grind for stuff to unlock skills or gear instead.
    It is still room for a story missions and stuff like that, but knowing that you have to play through this whole thing, that, i would say most people, don't really care about the story. before you can start to look for some better gear etc. Just make everything matter and count toward getting to the "end" game.
    Strongholds give you a bunch of rewards, including gear and crafting materials. They also give you support in the areas, where you can call in help, but if you don't have the strong hold or have control of the area, you won't get help.  All that goes into how strong your settlements are as well.
    Octagon7711infomatz

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Sounds like paid review.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]mmolou

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.