Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 1 Takes a Portal to GoG.com with QoL Improvements Including Hi-Res Support

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo 1 Takes a Portal to GoG.com with QoL Improvements Including Hi-Res Support - MMORPG.com News

Even though Diablo 2 has been available as a "classic game" on Battle.Net for years, Diablo 1 never has been...until now. The game has never appeared anywhere else except in physical editions. However, all that has changed with today's release of Diablo 1 over at GoG.com for $9.99. This marks a turning point for Blizzard games that have never appeared in any other form than physical and / or on Battle.Net.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oh HELLS yes! I'll buy a copy just for the bug fixes, Win10 compatibility and hi-res support. Dayum. My day just got brighter. :)
    moshra[Deleted User]Amatheperrin82Tim4290ZenJelly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Super clunky, bad UI, and damage sponge mechanics.  IM OUT!

Just kidding, I'm gonna pick this up when I get home from work.  Pretty excited.
    PalebaneSBFordvandal5627velimiriusG3Nexislaserit
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I guess current Blizzard is still capable of making some good decisions.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited March 2019
    I think this was more on GOG getting permission from Blizzard to update it and then work our a deal to sell it on the platform. Like they do a lot of old games they put on GOG, fix compatibility issues that work, yet on Steam same said game won't work.

If it was Blizzard then it would be on battle.net as well.
    milaysky
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    and Diablo 2 will be next?
    ZenJelly
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    It is coming out for mobile?
    flizzer said:
    I hope so! Though, between us? I'd rather see a complete remaster of Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction!

My guess is Starcraft 1 and the Warcraft RTS games to start, even ahead of the remastered WC3 game.
    ZenJelly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Hashbrick said:
    I think this was more on GOG getting permission from Blizzard to update it and then work our a deal to sell it on the platform. Like they do a lot of old games they put on GOG, fix compatibility issues that work, yet on Steam same said game won't work.

Either way Blizzard had to be okay with the decision. They are promoting it on Twitter and things as well. 
    Hashbrick

Hashbrick said:

Either way Blizzard had to be okay with the decision. They are promoting it on Twitter and things as well. 

It was actually announced on the D3 site, so it's sanctioned. Good good good, I say :)
    moshraPanther2103

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

SBFord said:

flizzer said:

I hope so! Though, between us? I'd rather see a complete remaster of Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction!

My guess is Starcraft 1 and the Warcraft RTS games to start, even ahead of the remastered WC3 game.

I doubt on starcraft 1 since there is the sc2 and they want people on sc2, I also doubt blizzard would mess with d2, like with the d1 they will want people on the d3, the warcraft 3 makes sense they rework, since they never did a wc4, pretty much blizzard will only do something with the last game on they franchise, if they belive they can milk it a little more with little effort

I oculd point out when they did launch they snes games using a dosbox modded demo game of rockroll racing and blacktorn, hell snes emulator did a better job
    M1K313K0CK
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited March 2019

SBFord said:

flizzer said:

I doubt on starcraft 1 since there is the sc2 and they want people on sc2, I also doubt blizzard would mess with d2, like with the d1 they will want people on the d3, the warcraft 3 makes sense they rework, since they never did a wc4, pretty much blizzard will only do something with the last game on they franchise, if they belive they can milk it a little more with little effort

What are you talking about? They already remastered sc1.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    On the same day closed beta for Chaosbane starts. What a nice little coincidence ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    flizzer said:
    Blizzard says they have no plans to do that at this time. You can still buy D2 thru battle.net
    For everyone who wants a giggle before playing, Carbots has a Diablo 1 series. :smiley:

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I loved Diablo.  I remember playing with some friends over dialup, and having to leave the computer running overnight so we could recover our stuff.  Disasters always seemed to happen just when you were about to head off to bed, didn't they?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Wish we had the qol and high res etc also with battle.net play
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Diablo was the first game that I played nightly with people from all around the world.

Great memories :)
    SBFord[Deleted User]Mendel

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited March 2019
    laserit said:
    Diablo was the first game that I played nightly with people from all around the world.

Great memories :)
    Same here and I keep in touch with several of them regularly all these years later. :)

laserit[Deleted User]Mendel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I even bought the game on the original PlayStation once it released on there a couple years later. 
    It was surprising how well it worked with a controller back then. 
    tbh though I played it so much on PC I hardly touched it on console. I think I only got to the Skelly King and never picked it up again. 
    Was the PS version online?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Loved both Diablos. I know this isn't popular, but I am also having a great time in season 16 of Diablo 3.
    [Deleted User]
    perrin82 said:
    Loved both Diablos. I know this isn't popular, but I am also having a great time in season 16 of Diablo 3.
    I just finished on my Wizard -- easiest and shortest season completion ever. :D 
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    SBFord said:
    Oh HELLS yes! I'll buy a copy just for the bug fixes, Win10 compatibility and hi-res support. Dayum. My day just got brighter. :)
    Without access to Battlenet what is the point?