Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 – Open Beta Impressions

124»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2019
    Its so much easier to just walk away
    ....apparently for some, it isn't.

What is actually easier is to bash games, developers and whatnot from your comfy arm chair.
    Roin[Deleted User]EponyxDamorNorseGod
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Gruug said:
    It appears the bullet sponge method of combat is still in place from the first game. I am out on this one.
    Only if you have trouble hitting the same place on the harder enemies. 

I think they did a great job with the armor pieces but if you knock that leg armor off you need to hit the leg again.. not the chest. Some guns with crazy handling make that difficult.

They found a solution and made it require skill. I can't think of a better way they could have done it without making the game too easy.

People saying it's still spongy just don't get it or refuse to adapt.
    sgelMaheoRoinOctagon7711LackingMMO
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    i liked it. not so much bulletsponge anymore.
    Octagon7711
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    Gdemami said:

What is actually easier is to bash games, developers and whatnot from your comfy arm chair.
    I know right? Did you see that angry mob bashing anthem? I'm glad you agree that they should have just walked away. But I guess their comfy arm chair was too comfy. 
    [Deleted User]
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Xodic said:
    The Division: upgrade your white gear to green gear, your green gear to blue gear, your blue gear to purple gear, your purple gear to yellow gear, your yellow gear to red gear, and your red gear back to a different shade of green - in NY.

The Division 2: upgrade your white gear to green gear, your green gear to blue gear, your blue gear to purple gear, your purple gear to yellow gear, your yellow gear to red gear, and your red gear back to a different shade of green - in D.C.
    sounds like every other game EVER
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Gdemami said:

LOL botting is way more involved. Point taken sir. I will try to improve myself. Your post has inspired me.
    MadFrenchie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Looking forward to release, enjoyed Division 1 and my partner played it endlessly. Looking forward to getting some time with the new gadgets, the story and the world. :D
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

sgel said:

sgel said:

Oh yea, m4 assault rifles are super sci fi, they don't exist in 2019 at all.

Looks like the only person moving the "goalposts" around is you, and it's not working out so well for you.

Yeah and drones repairing your armour, seeing enemy outlines through concrete and mines chasing their targets are all weapons that exist in 2019.

I can't believe you still think The Div was supposed to be a realistic simulator :D :D

You're trying too hard.

You said, "seeing enemy outlines through concrete". Thank you for providing more details that shows the division is crap.

By your own words, you go ahead and keep on moving that "goalposts" around. You're just digging your own grave at this point.

I'm glad you liked my goalposts quote and keep on using it every chance you get hoping it'll stick somewhere :D

While you're at it, I'll keep pointing out the silly things you say while you think I'm digging my own grave.

At least I'm happy you finally realized the game isn't supposed to be entirely realistic.
    Maybe you should step back and change your argument then: still think a post-apocalyptic scifi looter shooter should let you kill all enemies with a single headshot?

Maybe you should design a game like that.. I think you're on to something very special.

I keep using it because it shows how much you project yourself onto others. Something that you do often yourself, then accusing others of it.

You haven't pointed out a single silly thing. Now you're just delusional. But hey, remember when you described quake as a game with modern weapons and modern settings. That was so embarrassing for you.

Oh I love this next part. Your words: "the game isn't supposed to be entirely realistic". Thank you again for point out why the game is crap. You're six feet under now kid.

I thought you were joking, but apparently, you think m4 assault rifles are sci fi. Oh wow. Now you're twelve feet under.

A SRS marksman rifle head shot kills a human flesh is a bad idea according to you. Looks like you lose again. Because everyone that played the division 1 disagrees with you on that. It's in the comments everywhere. But hey, you can't read so, I can understand your delusion.

Oh yes, I'm on to something special. You finally said something that's agreeable.
    If you want realism, play a simulation.

If a game like this was realistic I'm sure that 99% of us wouldn't make it past the first encounter.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Neoyoshi said:
    I don't care how smooth the gameplay was or how great the core game itself becomes over time, the game world's narrative is what completely turned me off.

These writers knew exactly what they were writing, and if you take the time to listen to the games audio tapes hidden throughout the levels; it paints a disturbing picture that mimics real life in American society; and absolutely plays and exploits on our fears of a psychotic presidency and the old Soviet Union coming back into power to bring war to the United States.

The first Division had such a better Story, and although far from original, at least it didn't have to draw from political fear-mongering to heighten the narrative.

From what i experienced in the closed/open beta of D2, the original Division's beginning first hour of gameplay felt FAR superior versus how this one felt, and to be fair this could be me just seeing Division 2 through the lens of an unfinished product, i don't know, but i really did not enjoy it anywhere near as i enjoyed the first game.
    The only thing you have to fear is fear itself ;)

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    laserit said:

sgel said:

sgel said:

Looks like the only person moving the "goalposts" around is you, and it's not working out so well for you.

Yeah and drones repairing your armour, seeing enemy outlines through concrete and mines chasing their targets are all weapons that exist in 2019.

I can't believe you still think The Div was supposed to be a realistic simulator :D :D

You're trying too hard.

You said, "seeing enemy outlines through concrete". Thank you for providing more details that shows the division is crap.

By your own words, you go ahead and keep on moving that "goalposts" around. You're just digging your own grave at this point.

I'm glad you liked my goalposts quote and keep on using it every chance you get hoping it'll stick somewhere :D

While you're at it, I'll keep pointing out the silly things you say while you think I'm digging my own grave.

At least I'm happy you finally realized the game isn't supposed to be entirely realistic.
    Maybe you should step back and change your argument then: still think a post-apocalyptic scifi looter shooter should let you kill all enemies with a single headshot?

Maybe you should design a game like that.. I think you're on to something very special.

I keep using it because it shows how much you project yourself onto others. Something that you do often yourself, then accusing others of it.

You haven't pointed out a single silly thing. Now you're just delusional. But hey, remember when you described quake as a game with modern weapons and modern settings. That was so embarrassing for you.

Oh I love this next part. Your words: "the game isn't supposed to be entirely realistic". Thank you again for point out why the game is crap. You're six feet under now kid.

I thought you were joking, but apparently, you think m4 assault rifles are sci fi. Oh wow. Now you're twelve feet under.

A SRS marksman rifle head shot kills a human flesh is a bad idea according to you. Looks like you lose again. Because everyone that played the division 1 disagrees with you on that. It's in the comments everywhere. But hey, you can't read so, I can understand your delusion.

Oh yes, I'm on to something special. You finally said something that's agreeable.

If a game like this was realistic I'm sure that 99% of us wouldn't make it past the first encounter.
    Sometimes simulations can be fun.  Very rarely are games revolved around "simulation gameplay" actually realistic. Simulation games are, The Sims, Goat Simulator, Flight and trucking simulators, the Tycoon games.  

I don't find those types of games particularly fun though.  Some of the other tom clancy games are very realistic, and they are very tough, not that I shrink from a challenge but The Division 2 is still challenging and you still get the leveling and power growth of RPGs.  That's really what I like. You very rarely get that in more modern settings. 
    laserit

edited March 2019
    laserit said:

sgel said:

sgel said:

You're trying too hard.

Sometimes simulations can be fun.  Very rarely are games revolved around "simulation gameplay" actually realistic. Simulation games are, The Sims, Goat Simulator, Flight and trucking simulators, the Tycoon games.  

I don't find those types of games particularly fun though.  Some of the other tom clancy games are very realistic, and they are very tough, not that I shrink from a challenge but The Division 2 is still challenging and you still get the leveling and power growth of RPGs.  That's really what I like. You very rarely get that in more modern settings. 
    I'm speaking about simulations such as:

http://titanim.net/www/

They are not games for entertainment.

If we are going to be realistic... if you get hit by a high caliber bullet, more than likely you're going to be taken out of the action, bulletproof vest or not.

Games are all about entertaining and for me, The Division 2 does that very well :) 

A demonstration courtesy of Johnny Knoxville ;)

Post edited by laserit on
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited March 2019
    Gdemami said:

You mean those poor millionaires that lecture us on social media about how evil we are for asking for better games?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Shifty48Shifty48 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Tried the beta, but it just seem too clean, it didn't have that dark mood that the first one has, and the look of some of the buildings were the same, as before.

I won't be buying it, as I think it's just another money grab.
    Just feel they could have brought out a nice dlc to open the area up further, as all of the map looked, as tho it would have more add-ons a great shame.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I love how people who have NOT played it past lvl 30 or even up to level 30 come here and post how terrible and bad it is without a clue. Last Comment above was 07 March. The game has been out a bit now.

Seems they were proven WRONG and decided to not return here. (They are probably playing it themselves. ;)

I am loving this Game. much better than the first one. Took me like 42 hours to get to 30, then the Map opened up with a flood of things to do.

[Deleted User]MadFrenchieMrMelGibson

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."