Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer: Chaosbane to Begin CBT on March 7th - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarhammer: Chaosbane to Begin CBT on March 7th - MMORPG.com News

Warhammer: Chaosbane is an upcoming hack'n'slash ARPG set for release on June 4th. Developers have announced that the first round of closed beta testing will begin on March 7th and run through March 13th. PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC (Steam) players will be able to take part. There will be a number of activities to try out including the entire first act, two playable characters, the ability to level up to 20, participate in coop play and check out "many customization options".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Always sign up for every beta even if you don't intend to play. ;)
    Vezlinkillmaxski
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really want to try this. I really want some actual good Warhammer games, there are a couple but not nearly as many as there should be. The Warhammer lore is crazy and would make for some really fun games.
    [Deleted User]
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

I really want to try this. I really want some actual good Warhammer games, there are a couple but not nearly as many as there should be. The Warhammer lore is crazy and would make for some really fun games.

Yeah it's too bad that every company that tries to make one seems to fuck it up.
    deniterUkurv
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    cmacq said:

Yeah it's too bad that every company that tries to make one seems to fuck it up.
    Some are good. Vermintide 1 and 2 were really fun, so was Space Marine. And back when they were more selective with who was able to develop their games Dawn of War was really great. 

But yeah most of the modern ones that aren't the above are just underwhelming or really poorly made. I think it has to do with them allowing pretty much anyone to use the license. 
    ScotTacticalZombeh
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

cmacq said:

Some are good. Vermintide 1 and 2 were really fun, so was Space Marine. And back when they were more selective with who was able to develop their games Dawn of War was really great. 

But yeah most of the modern ones that aren't the above are just underwhelming or really poorly made. I think it has to do with them allowing pretty much anyone to use the license. 

SM and VT are two of my favourite games, but they do sometimes put out a dodgy game.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    cmacq said:

I played the hell out of the Dawn of War games and I agree they were great, Dow III excepted (and sadly I paid full price for it :( ) Unfortunately I also bought into Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr which was again a bad move on my part. Hoping this one turns out but no way am I pre-purchasing this time lol.
    Panther2103
  • BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Cool I love Warhammer stuff. Dawn of War was great . The Total Warhammer games are super fun too except for the dlc policies. Definitely going to check this game out, an aarpg Warhammer game sounds like the perfect mix if they get it right. Too bad it doesn't look like an orc will be playable since they embody reckless hack and slash to me lol.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I find it interesting that when talking about Warhammer games its always the usual suspects being mentioned: DoW, Vermentide, SM, Total War: Warhammer, Armada. There are quite a few more that are worth it like: 

Warhammer: Sanctus Reach
    Warhammer: Gladius
    Warhammer: Mechanicus
    Warhammer: Armageddon

They are all 40K though, but don't let that stop you.

Carefully excited about this game, I don't like the classes so far tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    In the world of ARPGs games like PoE and Grim Dawn have really raised the bar for entry. One of the things I didn't like about Martyr was the sameness of nearly every play session. Players flock to replayability and diversity in ARPGs these days, so I hope these guys (and the Torchlight guys) are squared away on that angle.

T
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Can we please stop the Warhammer Fantasy, if its not 40k its not warhammer to me... if this game was 40k i would be first in line for pre-order.....
    WhiteLantern
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Love all things Warhammer and love ARPGs so pre ordered this weeks ago
    [Deleted User]
    Can we please stop the Warhammer Fantasy, if its not 40k its not warhammer to me... if this game was 40k i would be first in line for pre-order.....
    Actually the Fantasy World of Warhammer was before 40k and has been negelected far to long , bout time they got back to there roots .. Should do well for them
    [Deleted User]
    lahnmir said:
    I find it interesting that when talking about Warhammer games its always the usual suspects being mentioned: DoW, Vermentide, SM, Total War: Warhammer, Armada. There are quite a few more that are worth it like: 

Warhammer: Sanctus Reach
    Warhammer: Gladius
    Warhammer: Mechanicus
    Warhammer: Armageddon

They are all 40K though, but don't let that stop you.

Carefully excited about this game, I don't like the classes so far tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    and dont leave out a couple of my favorites ..

and Warhammer Quest ..

lahnmir
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Midways off-topic, but for any who don't already know, there's also a CGI movie called: