Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mad World MMO Now Accepting Closed Alpha Applications for April Testing - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMad World MMO Now Accepting Closed Alpha Applications for April Testing - MMORPG.com

Hardcore isometric cross-platform Mad World MMO is gearing up for its first round of alpha testing. The dev team announced that sign ups for alpha testing slots have opened with the first round of testing set to begin in April. However, be forewarned that only "a few dedicated players" will be accepted. However, the tester pool may expand over time.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 84

IS this for the Atari 2600 ? Isometric in 2019, my brain....

I'd much rather a game with graphics like this and oodles of content to keep me entertained over a game where they over invest on graphics that 80% of peoples computers can't even run and has shit for content... super shiny graphics are not the key to making a fun game imo.
    SBFordXingbairongScotNephethbobbymcswansonPhaserlightwingoodUkurvdoomexDranmarthand 5 others.
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    This is without a doubt my most anticipated mmo. The death metal aesthetic, the cosmic horror elements and the apparent focus on difficulty and hardcore gameplay. Super excited.
    SBFordXingbairong[Deleted User]PhaserlightwingoodlaseritSovrath
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly this looks cool, didn't know about it until now, but definitely going to be on my radar.
    SBFordScotPhaserlightlaserit
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Thought it might be based on the movie It's A mad, mad, mad, mad, world. Funny stuff, that. 
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Looks like darkest dungeon characters stuck in a psychedelic mmo nightmare....I dig it
    FacelessSavior
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Some people enjoy isometric. Strange that different people have different tates, right?!?
    MendelTacticalZombeh

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Path of Exile is isometric, and it seems to be doing well enough.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    That actually looks really fun , some DD atmoshere, soem POE passive tree mixed in , However i did notice them picking berrys and punching trees , I dont want a survival game , hopefully that is not required and was just gathering.. for crafting
    [Deleted User]Mendellaserit
    Scorchien said:
    That actually looks really fun , some DD atmoshere, soem POE passive tree mixed in , However i did notice them picking berrys and punching trees , I dont want a survival game , hopefully that is not required and was just gathering.. for crafting
    That was exactly what I thought.  Path of Exile meets Darkest Dungeon...

Scorchien[Deleted User]

Torval said:
    Scorchien said:
    If it's just typical ARPG destructible loot containers then I'm okay with that. If it's grinding harvest nodes for survival thingies which decay and I need them to keep living, then I'm not interested in that AT ALL.
    Survival, no thanks.

[Deleted User]

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Combat doesn't seem to be interesting enough to get me excited.
    [Deleted User]
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Holy shit, this game looks awesome!! Definitely on my radar. I know I won't alpha test effectively so I'll pass on signing up.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Like the Darkest Dungeon meets Don't Starve style. May have to keep an eye on it.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I find it interesting that they are taking applications for beta. I haven't seen proper beta done since, hell, I don't even know the last time a studio did a legit beta.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Taking applications? No buying your way into this one like all the others?
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 315
    I just played the 2nd alpha and the game is really good, can't wait for the next
    Sovrath