Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Laptop?

13»

Comments

• XarktardXarktard Member UncommonPosts: 12
     :D 
  • Whitney59Whitney59 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2019
    Have to say that Apple used to make some really solid hardware. I bought my daughter a Macbook Air and has been solid all through college. Bought my Wife a HP ENVY notebook that has also been trouble free and my Dell Inspiron 5567 has had a battery issue three months after purchase so not so happy with Dell UPSers
    Post edited by Whitney59 on
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kyleran said:
    While the last one on the OP's list is the "best" of the bunch, none of those can be considered a "gaming" laptop.

This is an example of an actual gaming laptop, comes from Sager who makes terrific "notebooks", because quite honestly, the heat from most of these will burn the heck outta your lap.  (I keep mine on a plastic/rubber coated cutting board and no longer am interested in having children)

My laptop is very similar to that one, it's an MSI GS75 Stealth 9SG with a couple 1TB  Samsung EVO's

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Bumping old hardware threads is usually a bad idea.  Which laptops made sense to buy over 9 months ago likely isn't the same as what makes sense to buy today.
    Ozmodan
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It provides additional information on how well a suggestion has done.  Not to mention the chances with buying something new can also be a gamble.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey