Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's New in World of Warcraft 8.1.5? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat's New in World of Warcraft 8.1.5? - MMORPG.com

Next week is a big deal for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth with the forthcoming release of patch 8.1.5. Generally, “half patches”, those smaller updates that arrive between major content patches, aren’t a big deal, but 8.1.5 is a bit different. It brings a number of new features to the game and finally sees the release of the Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Troll Allied Races, something players have been looking forward to since the expansion’s announcement.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    We're making professions interesting again!

But you can only use the new crap in BFA zones....

WoW is run by complete idiots. Who asked for this crap you waste time on?
    Moxom914OzmodanKalebGraysonAnskierCazriel
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2019
    Viper482 said:

We're making professions interesting again!

But you can only use the new crap in BFA zones....

WoW is run by complete idiots. Who asked for this crap you waste time on?

Come now! Blizzard MUST increase MAUs! After all, 2019 isn't going to be very profitable so gotta squeeze it out where you can! :D
    AlmostLancelotOzmodanKalebGrayson[Deleted User]doomexViper482ThaharBullCrak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Sorry Blizzard, I'll be playing The Division 2 in 10 days. That should keep me busy until Classic WoW this Summer.
    SBFordOzmodan[Deleted User]Dinasty

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Really, the only cool part of the “new” races are the Druid forms. Which do look really cool. But that’s about it.
    SBFordOzmodanTenohira[Deleted User]
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    No flying and new rep grind rewards for players that have already been grinding boring ass content for 8 months. Way to go!
    AlmostLancelotOzmodanSBFord

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Forget this when is classic coming?
    Gyva02
    Chamber of Chains
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It seems everytime I read about a new Wow patch I have to end up wondering what the hell are they thinking?  Even a room full of monkeys could come up with better design changes.  I don't know anyone that still plays this mess.   Not sure that the classic servers can save the game now.

[Deleted User]doomex
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    They definitely aren't making crafting any more appealing. Some of the content sounds fun though, I'll probably try the small amount of new content as I still play occasionally. 
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    *yawn*
    Literally yawned while I typed yawn...

Seriously nothing worthwhile that would make me want to log. The new races are cool and all, but what's the point when I don't feel like logging? Honestly apart from the mini raid literally nothing new.
    SBFord
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Reads like a Shakespearean tragedy, at this point I'd rather play a shitty reskinned Chinese knock off Diablo mobile game.

Says it all when the only things i'm interested in from blizzard currently are a 17 year old RTS and a 15 year old MMO remaster.
    AlmostLancelot
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    So the short answer is basically: not much.

SBFord
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    What's going to happen if WoW Classic becomes the more populated version....?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I think in the short term, it will eclipse retail. There's the curiosity factor, the rose-colored glasses factor, the plain old curiosity factor, the "I never saw it back when" factor, etc. Once those phases all pass -- and they will -- Classic will be left with, as @parrotpholk said, a stable core of dedicated vanilla fans that will keep it running for at least a while. I'd love to see them release other servers dedicated to each of the expansions, yes, even WoD and Legion. :D
    [Deleted User]Scot[Deleted User]AlbatroesThahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I truly think the eventual rush of Classic will hold on and snare people for a while. While we know many players will duck out within the first couple of months, the overall world feel and world PvP factor (which is HUGE) will be massive factors keeping people engaged---especially those who still play WoW consistently today who crave something more difficult and more rewarding. To date, World PvP only existed in an uncorrupted state during Vanilla WoW. As soon as TBC hit, when the player population was split by designating all high levels to one area and the 1-60's to the original world, then overpowered a level 60+ with ridiculous gear, and introduced flying mounts into Outlands ... World PvP was crippled. It never recovered.

Classic also is designed to keep players engaged for longer periods of time given everything is much slower to accomplish. No heirlooms, no fast xp, tagged enemies, overcrowded low leveling zones (barring how they handle gating, which I don't like they are doing...)

At this state, with WoW #s declining after BFA and not a single worthy MMORPG competitor on the horizon or currently out, Classic might be the new home for many players over the next couple years.

Then again, it may not. But I do think it's a generous lifeblood extension to a (finally) dying MMORPG.
    SBFordCazriel
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Yawn
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    SBFord said:
    I think in the short term, it will eclipse retail. There's the curiosity factor, the rose-colored glasses factor, the plain old curiosity factor, the "I never saw it back when" factor, etc. Once those phases all pass -- and they will -- Classic will be left with, as @parrotpholk said, a stable core of dedicated vanilla fans that will keep it running for at least a while. I'd love to see them release other servers dedicated to each of the expansions, yes, even WoD and Legion. :D
    That's pretty much it. A large portion will be curious, try it, go back while the 'hardcore' will stay. End the end, this is good way to keep people 'around' during 'dead' periods/raid down times/etc.
    SBFord
  • AndrewTheJoyfulAndrewTheJoyful Newbie CommonPosts: 29
    WOW is dead after WotLK. Prove me wrong.
  • boulfaja14boulfaja14 Member CommonPosts: 5
    Sooo i see that this patch isn't gonna give us the new worgen/goblin looks ???
    SBFordi486DX2-66
  • DalekSupremeDalekSupreme Member UncommonPosts: 7

WOW is dead after WotLK. Prove me wrong.

The 8 million people crowding orgrimaar whenever I visit?
    esc-joconnor

>8P

• DalekSupremeDalekSupreme Member UncommonPosts: 7
    And msot importantly... balloon animal pets!!!

>8P

• AndrewTheJoyfulAndrewTheJoyful Newbie CommonPosts: 29

And msot importantly... balloon animal pets!!!

Omg I need to come back for my balloon. And fishing.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I stopped playing a month after the BFA release and keep an ear out for any news that could entice me back. Nothing new here, just clearly running out of ideas on a well-trodden path than gets old fast and then it's just same old same old.

I enjoy the variety now of a range of games which make me feel as though I am making progress through the game and seeing new content. When I'm done, I buy another game. I can no longer see the hold that this game has over people when they log in day after day and do the same things over and over.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

SBFord said:

If I could go back to Legion, I would. BfA is a tremendously huge mistake. I'd even go back to WoD or MoP.

Removing Artifacts. What a lamebrained genuflection to the twisted idea that every expansion needs to be its own mini-game with little or no continuity from expansion to expansion. They didn't just disable Artifacts when you entered BfA, they actually effing removed them entirely from the game for everyone. Who does that? Completely gutted the entire Legion expansion. Completely destroyed what was left of the game's integrity.

If they were smart, they would do what Yoshi did with FFXIV, send out a letter of apology, roll the damn game back to Legion and try again.
    Palebane
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I want a kul Tiras druid.. But I dont wanna farm for it :(
    [Deleted User]