Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apex Legends Hits Another Milestone with 50M Players in Under 30 Days - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageApex Legends Hits Another Milestone with 50M Players in Under 30 Days - MMORPG.com

Vince Zampella sent out a new milestone Twitter post this morning when he announced that Apex Legends had hit another milestone. Over 50M unique players worldwide have played the game in under 30 days. To celebrate, the Apex Legends team sent out a one minute plus video. "You pinged, you slid, you got in fights with care packages. Apex Legends just hit 50 million players - check out all the amazing things that have happened in Apex Arena and thank you for being part of the fun!"

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Daaamn.
    Who tought EA would save itself by another BR.
    Question now is, will they fk it up eventually ?
  • miawanmiawan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Probably double that when they add solo queue.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Lets see what 3 months looks like.  It took fortnite a little over a year before they started to see declines in players and revenue.  

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    The new flavour of the month.

And I don't mean anything negative by that. My kid says it's a hell of a lot of fun but not for me. These young whippersnappers will just hand me my ass in these types of games ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Are BRs now dependent on which Twitch streamer decides to play it? Is there money involved?

It's just a little strange that this game comes out from nowhere and the top 3 Twitch Streamers are playing it, taking all their followers with them in the process instantly.

Heard they said they banned 16,000 hackers though, so that's a good start.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/over-16000-apex-legends-cheaters-caught-and-banned/
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They learned something about monetizing wisely or are they going to screw this up soon.
    [Deleted User]

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    NorseGod said:
    Are BRs now dependent on which Twitch streamer decides to play it? Is there money involved?

It's just a little strange that this game comes out from nowhere and the top 3 Twitch Streamers are playing it, taking all their followers with them in the process instantly.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/over-16000-apex-legends-cheaters-caught-and-banned/
    I'm sure they promoted their game and payed some streamers to play it, but quite a few of them seem to just love the game. It helps that it came out polished as hell and the gameplay is fun.

I certainly don't give a damn what twitch is playing and I love playing it. It's the only BR I like.

NorseGod

..Cake..

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited March 2019
    laserit said:
    The new flavour of the month.

And I don't mean anything negative by that. My kid says it's a hell of a lot of fun but not for me. These young whippersnappers will just hand me my ass in these types of games ;)
    I get rekt constantly by better players... but sometimes my Peacekeeper can't miss and I down whole squads. It's worth playing for those moments :)
    boris20

..Cake..

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

NorseGod said:

So all I need to do is by some streamers and my PoS game will sell???

Oh and do the math 50 mill players 16k cheaters banned. Chances are, you will never see a cheater...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    bcbully said:

NorseGod said:

So all I need to do is by some streamers and my PoS game will sell???

Oh and do the math 50 mill players 16k cheaters banned. Chances are, you will never see a cheater...
    I don't know. Is it possible? Yes. Am I surprised if this is the case? No. Would people see this as a shady practice? I don't know.

You're right, I'll never see a hacker in Apex Legends. ;)
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    great game- cant complain. just that:

we need more Legends...