Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apex Legends Review - It's Taken the World by Storm - MMORPG.com

2

Comments

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,818
    I love the game. I just wish there was a version that is not Battle Royale :D
    SlyLoKwreatch



  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 183
    As has been pointed out, you can unlock characters through gameplay.

    Honestly the game is very well executed, and deserves its praise. Though for me i'm just burnt out on Battle Royales, blasted H1Z1 a lot, then PUBG quite a bit, played some Fortnite and then hardcored Black Ops 4.

    I've played a fair amount of APEX but I just can't be arsed with it at the min, too much of a good thing in my case.
    Kyleran
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,127
    My son is also only playing this game now. It really has taken off rather well. Something to still say about a well polished and fun game.

  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I love the game. I just wish there was a version that is not Battle Royale :D
    You mean Titanfall 2?
    :)
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Also hate BR and kinda like Apex. I know it's technically a fantastic game but I still dislike the nature of BR.

    You either drop on a busy area and get fights immediately which is preferable, but then you have an 80% chance of a 90 second match unless you're a god. Alternatively, you drop in the middle of nowhere and spend 10 minutes playing a running simulator

    Basically with BR, I hate that I'm constantly pulled out of the game back to menu and end up playing 1-2 matches and then quit. Maybe if I got gud it'd solve itself but I consider myself pretty solid at FPS and have a long history with CS. I think what I really want is a solo mode so I'm not forced into groups
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 893
    edited March 2
    I just wanted they stopped being SJWs and introduce fappable female waifu characters.
    parrotpholkFlyByKnightNorseGodWaan
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    Tried it and it is a well made game. Genre is not my cup of tea so will not be playing long term but the couple hours I had in it showed a well thought out game which should place significant pressure on Epic to keep Fortnite fresh.

    Good job to Respawn. At least something decent came from Titanfall.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,505
    Tried it and realized that just downloading it was a complete waste.  Can't believe people actually enjoy playing this game.

    exile01Palebane
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

    Kabulozo said:

    I just wanted they stopped being SJWs and introduce fappable female waifu characters.



    GTFOH :D
    image
    Aeander
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42

    3dom said:

    If only it was third-person view game...



    yea first-person sux :P i would also play it if they changed it...
    kitarad
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,570
    BobVa said:
    Celcius said:

    BobVa said:

    CON: Characters should all unlock through gameplay



    Actually you can. I mean, that's how I unlocked the 2 remaining Characters, as I didn't spend a dime on Apex yet. You get 600 Legend Tokens per level, so by level 20 you get to unlock 1 , and by 40 , both of them.



    So .. you may want to edit that part.



    I think the op could be right in the long term though. The leveling of your profile stops at 100, thus you no longer earn legend tokens at that point. They will be introducing new legends, which you will have to unlock if you want to play. At that point you might have enough from leveling to 100 if you have left over or if you didn't buy the other 2, but eventually you would have to be them as far as we know. Now, this could technically not be correct as they could just as easily add the legend currency into the battle pass system within the free leveling side of the pass; but you never know.

    The cons are a little strange though, cause motion sickness only affects certain people. There are a ton of people out there who just can't play FPS games cause they get motion sick. I mean, does the game not have an FOV slider? I honestly don't remember. One thing I find funny is that this game is already getting the "I don't like that game because it is popular!" people flailing about. That is when you know a game is a monster hit. (See: WoW, Minecraft, League,Fortnite)
    Well , by lvl 100 , you will have 36k Legend Tokens to use ( beside the already 24k ), which, I assume the upcoming Legends will also cost 12k , that means you will still have Tokens for another 3 Legends, so no .. OP could not be right. 



    Nope; they will be right. Unless they add another source of legend tokens, once they introduce more then 3 new legends you will no longer be able to unlock legends by just playing the game. Not saying they won't add another source, but right now that is the case. 
    Yseeka
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,299

    Celcius said:


    BobVa said:


    Celcius said:



    BobVa said:


    CON: Characters should all unlock through gameplay





    Actually you can. I mean, that's how I unlocked the 2 remaining Characters, as I didn't spend a dime on Apex yet. You get 600 Legend Tokens per level, so by level 20 you get to unlock 1 , and by 40 , both of them.





    So .. you may want to edit that part.






    I think the op could be right in the long term though. The leveling of your profile stops at 100, thus you no longer earn legend tokens at that point. They will be introducing new legends, which you will have to unlock if you want to play. At that point you might have enough from leveling to 100 if you have left over or if you didn't buy the other 2, but eventually you would have to be them as far as we know. Now, this could technically not be correct as they could just as easily add the legend currency into the battle pass system within the free leveling side of the pass; but you never know.



    The cons are a little strange though, cause motion sickness only affects certain people. There are a ton of people out there who just can't play FPS games cause they get motion sick. I mean, does the game not have an FOV slider? I honestly don't remember.

    One thing I find funny is that this game is already getting the "I don't like that game because it is popular!" people flailing about. That is when you know a game is a monster hit. (See: WoW, Minecraft, League,Fortnite)

    Well , by lvl 100 , you will have 36k Legend Tokens to use ( beside the already 24k ), which, I assume the upcoming Legends will also cost 12k , that means you will still have Tokens for another 3 Legends, so no .. OP could not be right. 





    Nope; they will be right. Unless they add another source of legend tokens, once they introduce more then 3 new legends you will no longer be able to unlock legends by just playing the game. Not saying they won't add another source, but right now that is the case. 



    mmorpg.com has said on many occasions that the reviews are based on a game as it is today.

    What ifs are pure speculation. You may as well say IF they introduce a new source of tokens but DON'T introduce new characters then people will have tokens and nothing to use them on.

    You say right now there is no new source but then ignore that right now there are no new characters.
    Torval
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483


    I don't get all the hype... it's a great game...but it doesn't bring anything new mechanics wise and it gets stale fast



    -Let's you revive team mates who were executed.(In the works to be copied in Fortnite)
    -Has revolutionary ping system making no mic communication very efficient.(Now Ubisoft is copying it for Rainbow Six: Siege, already copied by Fornite)
    -No lobby matchmaking

    I think those are three pretty big features, I'm having doubts you have actually played the game.
    One-click contextual spotting/pinging isn't revolutionary, though.  Battlefield has used a one-click contextual spotting system for years now.

    image
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,462
    My review
    Drop in from the sky,grab free loot laying around everywhere.Begin to pew pew from behind a tree,behind a rock,soon you will be forced into a smaller area.

    Hmm i think we have seen this before,hmmm guess we needed a new title,the other titles were not good enough doing the exact same thing.We could have just stopped at Dayz and been done with it.The only change is the early renditions were pretending to be Zombie games,so now we just cut to the chase,remove any notion of Zombies and get straight to the pvp pew pew.

    zigalucard

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,427
    edited March 3

    miawan said:

    It will be much more fun when they add solo queue.



    i just guess you mean "solo" vs "group" queue, and don't talk about the 3 char teams made up after that queue. ait?

    Wizardry said:
    My review
    Drop in from the sky,grab free loot laying around everywhere.Begin to pew pew from behind a tree,behind a rock,soon you will be forced into a smaller area.

    Hmm i think we have seen this before,hmmm guess we needed a new title,the other titles were not good enough doing the exact same thing.We could have just stopped at Dayz and been done with it.The only change is the early renditions were pretending to be Zombie games,so now we just cut to the chase,remove any notion of Zombies and get straight to the pvp pew pew.


    maybe try playing a game before you comment on it next time....
    you just compared dayZ to apex? not sure if i should laugh or cry. uh well, why not both!

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,570
    edited March 3
    gervaise1 said:

    Celcius said:


    BobVa said:


    Celcius said:



    BobVa said:


    CON: Characters should all unlock through gameplay





    Actually you can. I mean, that's how I unlocked the 2 remaining Characters, as I didn't spend a dime on Apex yet. You get 600 Legend Tokens per level, so by level 20 you get to unlock 1 , and by 40 , both of them.





    So .. you may want to edit that part.






    I think the op could be right in the long term though. The leveling of your profile stops at 100, thus you no longer earn legend tokens at that point. They will be introducing new legends, which you will have to unlock if you want to play. At that point you might have enough from leveling to 100 if you have left over or if you didn't buy the other 2, but eventually you would have to be them as far as we know. Now, this could technically not be correct as they could just as easily add the legend currency into the battle pass system within the free leveling side of the pass; but you never know.



    The cons are a little strange though, cause motion sickness only affects certain people. There are a ton of people out there who just can't play FPS games cause they get motion sick. I mean, does the game not have an FOV slider? I honestly don't remember.

    One thing I find funny is that this game is already getting the "I don't like that game because it is popular!" people flailing about. That is when you know a game is a monster hit. (See: WoW, Minecraft, League,Fortnite)

    Well , by lvl 100 , you will have 36k Legend Tokens to use ( beside the already 24k ), which, I assume the upcoming Legends will also cost 12k , that means you will still have Tokens for another 3 Legends, so no .. OP could not be right. 





    Nope; they will be right. Unless they add another source of legend tokens, once they introduce more then 3 new legends you will no longer be able to unlock legends by just playing the game. Not saying they won't add another source, but right now that is the case. 



    mmorpg.com has said on many occasions that the reviews are based on a game as it is today.

    What ifs are pure speculation. You may as well say IF they introduce a new source of tokens but DON'T introduce new characters then people will have tokens and nothing to use them on.

    You say right now there is no new source but then ignore that right now there are no new characters.
    Yup, but new characters are confirmed coming in the future. More sources of legend tokens are not confirmed. :) 
    Yseeka
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 126
    It's a BR with 3 man teams and each player has a special ability.

    Yawn.
    NorseGod
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,113
    edited March 4
    -Has revolutionary ping system making no mic communication very efficient.(Now Ubisoft is copying it for Rainbow Six: Siege, already copied by Fornite)
    R6 already had a very basic ping system... I'd love for them to flesh it out a lot more like AL.
    It's brilliant.

    Apex Legends is the only BR game I like... it's fast, fun and loads of tools to do a lot of skillful stuff :)

    ..Cake..

  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,040
    Well we knew we would get a boatload of these with the success of Fortnite and here they come.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Well we knew we would get a boatload of these with the success of Fortnite and here they come.
    In the same manner that I don't mind if more mmorpgs launch, I don't mind if more *insert game type* games launch either. As long as they are quality products and bring more to their genre, the more the merrier.
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I like more serious/realistic ones like PUBG and Ring of Elysium.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,113
    Well we knew we would get a boatload of these with the success of Fortnite and here they come.
    How is that bad though? The more we have, the bigger chance we find something we like playing.

    ..Cake..

  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,239
    edited March 4
    sgel said:
    Well we knew we would get a boatload of these with the success of Fortnite and here they come.
    How is that bad though? The more we have, the bigger chance we find something we like playing.
    IMO, because studios chase the carrot. WoW clones, mobile, whatever top streamer says BR "X" is cool, etc. A lot of resources get diverted towards carrot chasing. 

    "Because those are what makes money".

    Great, but which WoW clone got close to WoW numbers? Is Warframe under threat by Anthem? And so on and so forth.

    Again, just my opinion, not so much directed at you, just thinking out loud.

    Edit* I forgot to include the Survival/Zombie trend
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    sgel
    Come home, North Man.

    Rolling for Spicy.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,113
    NorseGod said:
    sgel said:
    Well we knew we would get a boatload of these with the success of Fortnite and here they come.
    How is that bad though? The more we have, the bigger chance we find something we like playing.
    IMO, because studios chase the carrot. WoW clones, mobile, whatever top streamer says BR "X" is cool, etc. A lot of resources get diverted towards carrot chasing. 

    "Because those are what makes money".

    Great, but which WoW clone got close to WoW numbers? Is Warframe under threat by Anthem? And so on and so forth.

    Again, just my opinion, not so much directed at you, just thinking out loud.
    Yeah I agree with you that studios go for what they deem is popular.
    BRs are trending so a lot of them are getting made.

    The good thing about that is the more they are made, the better chance to find a BR game that's up to your/mine/anyone's liking.

    The bad thing is that a lot of them try to compete with established giants and disappear in obscurity.

    Another bad thing is that it doesn't really help with innovation in gaming (though we did get the AL ping system which is amazing and imo set the standard) since studios will just try a more refined solution of an existing and proven recipe (which sometimes might not be too bad in itself).
    Then again I've stopped expecting big studios to innovate and instead expect to find said innovations in the indie scene.

    NorseGod

    ..Cake..

  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 3,640
    Don’t like scouring for weapons, personally. Didnt care for the three person squad. Squad commands were very cool; Wish more shooters would incorporate similar functions.

    Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Sign In or Register to comment.