Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inscription & Loot Updates Detailed by Anthem Devs - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• HordedogHordedog Member UncommonPosts: 46

Wizardry said:

#1 playing for the loot or because the game is fun?
    #2  A d3 dev has something to say"?LMAO he would be the LAST person i'd listen to.

Now on the subject of loot,let's say people play it because they think it is fun,for whatever reason that might be,they are correct the loot system is done like Star Wars was and like AOC was ...CRAP.I am not even getting into the many layers that loot should involve and how it should tie in with combat and your character and if the game actually did anything other than pew pew.

Anthem's biggest draw/gimmick,you can fly around ..weeeeeeeee,free willy free willy.

Anthem does NOTHING new or creative,has miles of EMPTY meaningless space and does VERY little to even support the flying combat.So final verdict says not only did the team make a boring crap game,they don't know what they are doing making bad crappy games.
    Far i am concerned,a former D3 Dev made the game,might as well chuck it in the same garbage basket as D3 and D2 and D1 and any other arpg.

Just a reminder here... Everything you said, 100% of it, is pure personal opinion. So it begs the question... You do know that you're own personal opinion is not in actually fact, don't you?

You come here all angry, spewing your opinion as fact, making pronouncements based solely on your your own experience with the game. Just because you find something boring, does not mean others do as well. And, it's been my experience over many years that people who throw around "boring" all the time, are just easily bored. And that's on them and not so much the things that bore them.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Hordedog said:

Wizardry said:

#2  A d3 dev has something to say"?LMAO he would be the LAST person i'd listen to.

Now on the subject of loot,let's say people play it because they think it is fun,for whatever reason that might be,they are correct the loot system is done like Star Wars was and like AOC was ...CRAP.I am not even getting into the many layers that loot should involve and how it should tie in with combat and your character and if the game actually did anything other than pew pew.

Anthem's biggest draw/gimmick,you can fly around ..weeeeeeeee,free willy free willy.

Anthem does NOTHING new or creative,has miles of EMPTY meaningless space and does VERY little to even support the flying combat.So final verdict says not only did the team make a boring crap game,they don't know what they are doing making bad crappy games.
    Far i am concerned,a former D3 Dev made the game,might as well chuck it in the same garbage basket as D3 and D2 and D1 and any other arpg.

Just a reminder here... Everything you said, 100% of it, is pure personal opinion. So it begs the question... You do know that you're own personal opinion is not in actually fact, don't you?

You come here all angry, spewing your opinion as fact, making pronouncements based solely on your your own experience with the game. Just because you find something boring, does not mean others do as well. And, it's been my experience over many years that people who throw around "boring" all the time, are just easily bored. And that's on them and not so much the things that bore them.
    Ah you're responding to a post by Wizardry? LOL! There is a reason most of this forum has him blocked. There's barely a bridge big enough to fit him under....
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    cmacq said:
    Hordedog said:

Wizardry said:

Ah you're responding to a post by Wizardry? LOL! There is a reason most of this forum has him blocked. There's barely a bridge big enough to fit him under....
    Most of the forum has him blocked? I'm not sure about that. He's a cloud cuckoolander who is out of touch with reality 99.5% of the time, but at least he's entertainingly so, sometimes.
  • HordedogHordedog Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited March 2019

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

Hordedog said:

Aeander said:

Level 22 right now and still enjoying it. Glad that they are taking some steps towards improving the loot.

Though in the future, more exotic, interesting loot would be nice. Destiny has guns that shoot lazers and lightning. Why can't we have that? It's not like the technology isn't there. I mean I play a Javelin that can shoot fire/ice/lightning out of its hands.

Maybe Anthem doesn't have guns that shoot lightning because there's a Javelin that does it already without a gun? Making a lightning shooting gun that the other javs can also use would greatly diminish one of the defining characteristics/abilities of that Storm jav. Also, maybe because this isn't Destiny. RDR2 has horses, should Anthem, too? PUBG doesn't have mutant monsters, should Anthem ditch theirs as well? No. A 1000 times NO!

Let Anthem be Anthem. You want the guns from Destiny? Then, play Destiny.

The reason your comparison fundamentally doesn't work is that the technology for these weapons exists, would be viable, and would arguably be more effective than the basic, modern day guns Anthem utilizes. A horse, on the other hand, would actually be ridiculous and less efficient than Anthem's Javelin or Strider travel (and that's assuming that horses even exist in their world).

Even if you wanted to stick to ballistics, the question then becomes "why guns?" Iron Man, which Anthem clearly draws inspiration from, doesn't carry an AK-47. His suit is equipped with its own arsenal of firearms and missiles, which would be far more effective and efficient than carrying a gun (and look 1,000x cooler too). I know I would much rather get gear drops for various burst rifle, shotgun, etc. attachments to socket into my suit than an unmoddable, generic M-14 that clashes with my Javelin's color scheme.

Also, let me elaborate further on Hordedog's weird argument.

I do not want the guns from Destiny. I want comparably exotic and interesting guns in Anthem based on the lore and technology in Anthem. Wow me with your creativity, because in a universe with relics that can warp reality, a basic M-14 isn't quite doing it for me.

yeah ok sorry, I took what you said literally as wanting those specific things. I agree that there could stand to be some more exciting types of guns, like plasma or laser or some other form of energy. But I would be aghast if the came out with guns that can do anything close to what defines another class, such as elemental energy. Similarly, adding grenade launchers to guns all classes can use would render the Colossus less unique. Just like I'd be against a Storm being able to use a blade as that's the Infil's bag.

But yeah, some weaponry that's more unique, and less like what we humans use today, would be good to see. I don't have an issue with there being held weapons like rifles, but also being able to incorporate some types into the suits would be cool too. Oh yeah, as for ballistics, they have a place. What if an enemy has innate resistance to one or more types of energy damage (lightning, lasers, plasma etc) than having ballistics to get around that becomes a good thing to have. Also, given cooldowns on gear, having a gun to spew hot metal is very useful and never hurts.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Aeander said:
    cmacq said:
    Hordedog said:

Wizardry said:

Most of the forum has him blocked? I'm not sure about that. He's a cloud cuckoolander who is out of touch with reality 99.5% of the time, but at least he's entertainingly so, sometimes.
    You forgot to add: has nothing good to say about anything, but I agree. If comments from the moon is your fancy then he can be found entertaining at times.