Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Zero Kicks Off Alpha with Info About Building Mechanics - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2019 in Videos Discussion

imagePopulation Zero Kicks Off Alpha with Info About Building Mechanics - MMORPG.com

With today's start of the Population Zero alpha test, Enplex Games has sent out a brand new video to showcase Building Mechanics as they are found in the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    edited March 2019
    Is this a survival game like ARK or a actuall MMO with thousands of players on a server?
    NordicApache
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Lahuzer said:
    Is this a survival game like ARK or a actuall MMO with thousands of players on a server?
    Pre-order and tell us. lol
    NordicApache
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A very long time ago,i asked develoepers quit giving us crap and give us the tools to define the game,i got my wish.
    The problem is these are all low budget operations and we are not getting Epic games type tools to work with.
    This game is just not giving me enough answers to properly critique it.What i see instead looks copy/pasted and for some reason Bill was asked to deliver the basics even though he likely doesn't know anything abotut the game,pobably the owners can't speak English..idk why.

Full fledged quest system for a faction change,all i can figure is similar to Everquest faction changing?Not sure why the need to use the term FULL.

"balanced"technology tree,again vague,is that some mention that different factions have different trees and were not balanced?That would be a decent idea on paper but not a good idea in reality,better to allow players to learn everything by traveling and maybe even deciphering/learning new languages to speak to npc teachers.

rebalanced INJURY system..again say what?So this is like saying they are calling their work balanced but in reality is not and likely never will be balanced.How do you balance an injury system,again perhaps leading me to believe different systems for different factions?

There lies another point i have made many times in the past,i do not like FACTION based gaming unless the developer can do a really good job with it.That means none of that cheap 2-3 factions,i expect a minimum of 20+ or don't bother,i'd rather have none.

New planet inhabitants...no idea what this means.Overall the graphics no matter what somebody tries to defend,be it excuses like "stylistic" "or anime"i can look at graphics and it gives me a bigger picture to the quality of a game.This looks sort of low end,cheap,more like a voxel game.

Definitely need to see more and a with a lot better information to finally dismiss this game or not.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    If you told me I was watching the new building system in No Mans Sky Id say, okay. The graphic style and color palette looks almost identical to me, which unfortunately gives me eye strain over time, too light. But the game looks nice.