Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft 8.1.5 is Coming Out on March 12th with Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Humans - MMORP

2»

Comments

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    edited March 2019
    yawn-

Amathe

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    SBFord said:
    I wonder if they'll get an MAU increase from the addition of 8.1.5? It's not enough for me, but might be for others.

I'm watching 8.2 and Naz'jatar to see if I'll re-sub for a month. I hope it'll be good. Luckily there is PTR and tons of datamining to help me make the decision.
    I would expect: "MAUs declined in line with normal post expansion expectations".
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    edited March 2019
    I'd love to be playing WoW still. And everything else Blizzard TBH, but I'm done with them after this last year. They just screwed up everything and I have no faith anymore.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    I get that some people enjoy the reputation grinds to unlock the allied races. Too bad for everyone else. Is there seriously NO other option they could have included to earn them besides gated daily quests? I dont even care if it takes as long. Im not adverse to earning rewards. Im adverse to daily quest grinding.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    I quit WoW when I realized I'd have to grind for weeks or months (depending how much I played), only to throw away my character when I would eventually unlock dark iron dwarf.

Why would I want to play a character I do NOT want to play, for so much time, only to have all that time be wasted for a character I actually want to play? 

So I unsubbed cause that is stupid

I only wanted dark iron dwarf. Not draenei, not normal dwarf, not anything else...I just wanted to play one single character that I don't throw away just because I had to use it to unlock dark iron dwarf

Yeah I suppose DKs/DH have level requirements, personally don't like either so never felt the need to remake my hunter to make one of them. And at least level requirements don't take weeks/months of massively wasted time.
    Because they want you to pay for a race change. That's the entire point of allied races.
    [Deleted User]
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Bit bored with ffxiv atm, gonna hop back to wow  :D  :* 

Voidelf monk
    Or 
    Orc shaman

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Wow is definitely on a downward spiral.  The original game's charm has long since vanished due to poor decisions made by the staff.  With the beancounters taking over at Blizzard I have no hopes for this game or wasting a penny on it anymore.  

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Torval said:
    AZHokie54 said:
    I quit WoW when I realized I'd have to grind for weeks or months (depending how much I played), only to throw away my character when I would eventually unlock dark iron dwarf.

Why would I want to play a character I do NOT want to play, for so much time, only to have all that time be wasted for a character I actually want to play? 

So I unsubbed cause that is stupid

I only wanted dark iron dwarf. Not draenei, not normal dwarf, not anything else...I just wanted to play one single character that I don't throw away just because I had to use it to unlock dark iron dwarf

Yeah I suppose DKs/DH have level requirements, personally don't like either so never felt the need to remake my hunter to make one of them. And at least level requirements don't take weeks/months of massively wasted time.
    Because they want you to pay for a race change. That's the entire point of allied races.
    The fact that this point has flown so far under the radar is kind of puzzling. Suzie has mentioned it before. I've seen it maybe a couple other times. Maybe the majority demographic is so used to getting milked or buying their way through a game, they just don't care anymore.
    Agreed. Honestly, even with the "improvements" to leveling with the more open zones, taking a character from 20 to 120 is painful. With talents spread so thin and the last one gained at 90, characters never actually feel stronger. But that's a whole 'nother topic. 

It just means that people are less likely to want to level up a character from scratch for heritage armor so...meh...lemme just pay $25 on top of my monthly sub to race change. AND if I want to race change, but to the opposite faction, it's $30 as long as the race I want has my character class.

Blizzard's shop prices are outrageous. 
    [Deleted User]Palebane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯