Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Blades to Run iOS Closed Beta Test Ahead of Spring Early Access - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Blades to Run iOS Closed Beta Test Ahead of Spring Early Access - MMORPG.com News

Elder Scrolls Blades is the upcoming mobile game based on the well-known Bethesda IP. It's been pretty quiet since it was announced last year, but it seems that the team is ramping up to an NDA-bound iOS closed beta event ahead of the start of early access. Currently, there is no date for the CBT, but interested players are invited to sign up on the official site for a chance to be selected.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I may try this out. Does anyone know the best setup for using a cell with a monitor and/or TV?
    SirAgravaine

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    could try chromecast, it has ability to mirror phone on tv, i sometimes do this with hearthstone and play on big screen
    Octagon7711
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I want to play this... Taking forever to come out.
    exile01
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Never was a big fan of Elder Scrolls, but I might give it a try. Just like I did the other ones.
    Zaibiss

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    In the end players will show gaming companies the F finger and return to tabletop pen n' paper RPGs....
    Thuplisquibblyinfomatz
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited March 2019
    im waiting for the graphics downgrade :D
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Cool. I heard modern phones can run games. I should get one then. So how do I put the floppy, cartridge or casette into these thin screen thingies and how do I type the load command without a keyboard? Thanks Internet for the answers. The future is an amazing place. :D
    Octagon7711infomatz
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Any word on if this beta will include Oculus VR? or is it IOS only?

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019

I may try this out. Does anyone know the best setup for using a cell with a monitor and/or TV?

Best to just Cast it really. If your TV has it built in then you won't need anything else, if not then Chromecast works as already mentioned (it's just a dongle that goes in a USB slot on the TV).

Your phone and TV just need to be connected to the same local network and the TV should appear as an option when you choose Cast on your mobile. It needs to be a Smart TV.
    Octagon7711
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Don't you all have cell phones???!!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    NDA=lol,yeah because some developer is going to steal trade secrets and build a competitor's game in a few weeks.
    NDA=We want to hide any criticism before this goes on sale in the FAKE market called EARLY access.

Here is the funny part that nobody seems to understand,i will not spell it out directly but here it is>>>>>>BETA....hmmm...EARLY access.So remind me what a BETA is again?
    squibbly

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019
    Wizardry said:
    NDA=lol,yeah because some developer is going to steal trade secrets and build a competitor's game in a few weeks.
    NDA=We want to hide any criticism before this goes on sale in the FAKE market called EARLY access.

Here is the funny part that nobody seems to understand,i will not spell it out directly but here it is>>>>>>BETA....hmmm...EARLY access.So remind me what a BETA is again?
    Beta is a testing phase, which I'm sure you know.

They really mean head start when they say early access. It looks like they plan to progressively add people to early access, probably for server load management reasons. It's smart, really, because they won't get slammed with tons of people instantly on 'launch' day. All progress is permanent in early access. Progress is not permanent in the closed beta. Steam early access has confused what it means these days.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    What's been shown this far isn't very impressive. You move down thight corridors, fight 1 enemy at the time, there doesn't seem to be any movement involved during combat, just swipes. No loot drops from enemies, just coin. None of this gives me the Elder Scrolls feel
    AlomarSolancer
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    This money could have gone to a bigger expansion.
    Octagon7711
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Interesting, but not much as The Elder Scrolls VI
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    So if they are only doing a beta test on iOS, are we assuming they have already tested it on Android devices? Or are we assuming they are dumb enough to think testing on one is good enough for both?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    I can't wait to find out in a couple of years that this was actually meant to be TES6 and that TES6 they claimed to have been working on was actually a TES BR. Could happen. Its not like anyone remembers what FFXV's original name was back in 2006.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Oh my another tend following company, well its Beth and Potato Todd, and his best trait is how to downgrade everything that are good. IF not all, in most phone games are mainly compose of 3 stages and a boss at the end, the grinding for 10 is a plan and a feature? Very heavy in Pay 2 win and the fact that they take advantage of young kids/addiction problem, wow such kind guy this Todd.

I do wish hackers would trace all those phone games and finds out that our "Data" had been mined and sold, if so I'm sure the general public will be at the ready their pitchfork, rope, and of course fire. If executives have no punishment or held accountability I guess they can get away with anything and they have over the years, I say its time for them to PAY UP with interest.

I have not seen any games on the phone is ever worth spending money in them, with exception of course. Why would any real game companies want to divide their user base onto other platform to further weaken their position? Everyone knows ppl can only PLAY ONE GAME at any given time for most ppl. The half ass "Minimum Viable Product" sound like dream plan but its really is a dumb plan just like snake oil salesman, once ppl realize, your reputation is going in flame.

Once again for the life of me why hired useless ppl like marketing ppl, their feeble brain is only good for short term fast gain but destroy everything you build up or even stand for, which is a very long term business brand.

Off topic, I feel currently at 2019 the rich executives are making a fast buck and burning their good stand for some money as if they don't need to live over the next 50 years or something. SO I guess we should just support the indies scenes instead of those fat useless triple A games until the economy back on track again. I'm also implying the economy is going to burst so save up your assets as much as you can and when it does burst do help/be kind to the ppl around you or else its better they are you friends than they are your enemy.

Hard times are coming for gamers and just general living ppl. As for Todd's phone game he can sell it to his kids, granted his wife and kids haven't abandon him for a better man that does upgrades in life, unlike Potato Todd downgrade stuff >_> hmmh.

~Be good be kind and we will live in a better world~
    Sephros
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78

Wizardry said:

Considering this is a free game like fallout Shelter, I'm not sure that applies.
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    What a great idea to piss off andriod players