Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes 101 - Is it true Ashes is a BR Game now?

12346»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,515
    Kyleran said:

a

They've severely deviated from their original testing schedule to put certain aspects in the front since there was such major player feedback and demand to do so.

I wanted to focus on this point, glad to see I'm not the only person who remembered the comments about testing schedule delays.

I'm sure I read a write up at years end where Steven said a big driver behind the decision to market and monetize the BR was to help cover the unplanned cost this off cycle testing added to to the project. 

Wish I could find that conversation, but it might have been in one of their Q & A sessions locked behind their downed forums.
    He did say that.

It didn't make any sense then and it doesn't make any sense now.  Unless of course, you question whether or not he actually has the $30M in funding secured...

Anytime someone tells you they are going to make a different "stand alone" game to support the other game they are working on... it should make your Spidey-Senses tingle.

I recall Mark Jacob's saying a year or so back he would have liked to take a crack at the BR market but decided it would be bad faith considering their schedule delays.
    tweedledumb99

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,312
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

a

They've severely deviated from their original testing schedule to put certain aspects in the front since there was such major player feedback and demand to do so.

I wanted to focus on this point, glad to see I'm not the only person who remembered the comments about testing schedule delays.

I'm sure I read a write up at years end where Steven said a big driver behind the decision to market and monetize the BR was to help cover the unplanned cost this off cycle testing added to to the project. 

Wish I could find that conversation, but it might have been in one of their Q & A sessions locked behind their downed forums.
    He did say that.

It didn't make any sense then and it doesn't make any sense now.  Unless of course, you question whether or not he actually has the $30M in funding secured...

Anytime someone tells you they are going to make a different "stand alone" game to support the other game they are working on... it should make your Spidey-Senses tingle.

I recall Mark Jacob's saying a year or so back he would have liked to take a crack at the BR market but decided it would be bad faith considering their schedule delays.
    Yup... and if anything... CU is actually the closest to a BR of all the Crowdfunded MMORPGs so it would have been the least divergent. 

The only thing I can beat Mark up about are his delays.  But everything else, from allowing no questions asked refunds, not having “sales” on his years overdue title, allowing players to actually be in game seeing the progress(or lack of) for themselves, and overboard communication is pretty much exactly how a company in this situation should act.

I don’t recall him ever asking for money for a feature that “players are demanding”.
    [Deleted User]blastermastertweedledumb99Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,025
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

a

He did say that.

Yup... and if anything... CU is actually the closest to a BR of all the Crowdfunded MMORPGs so it would have been the least divergent. 

The only thing I can beat Mark up about are his delays.  But everything else, from allowing no questions asked refunds, not having “sales” on his years overdue title, allowing players to actually be in game seeing the progress(or lack of) for themselves, and overboard communication is pretty much exactly how a company in this situation should act.

I don’t recall him ever asking for money for a feature that “players are demanding”.
    Crowfall fits the bill here as well.  They keep chugging along at a brisk place with an alpha build that is playable today.  
    tweedledumb99
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Kyleran said:

You mean this one?
    https://www.paradoxgaming.net/the-steven-answer

Kyleran
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 70
    To be fair, I did not read through each page of this thread, but I want to back up Jahlon's assessment.  I was cleaning out my emails, and had the latest invite to join in on the BR event in Jan.  I had no expectation of a response, or them addressing my email reply to this invite.  I would like to share that exchange.

I know in the grand scheme of things, that this would do little to convince folks otherwise.  Just an email response to 'randomguy14' but, why address my one lined rant at all!?  Anyways......see you in a game sometime  \m/