Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft 8.1.5 is Coming Out on March 12th with Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Humans - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft 8.1.5 is Coming Out on March 12th with Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Humans - MMORPG.com

The long wait is finally over: World of Warcraft will be updated to v8.1.5 on March 12th. Along with a bundle of big changes coming to the game, players will at last be able to create both Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tiran Humans. That comes with a caveat, of course: Players will need to ensure that they have completed the unlock requirements before they can create their first character of either of the two Allied Races. Each race has its own set of requirements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I wonder if they'll get an MAU increase from the addition of 8.1.5? It's not enough for me, but might be for others.

I'm watching 8.2 and Naz'jatar to see if I'll re-sub for a month. I hope it'll be good. Luckily there is PTR and tons of datamining to help me make the decision.
    Folmen[Deleted User]Whiskeydust

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited February 2019
    Not enough for me. 8.2 won't be enough either. 8.2 isn't going to make the game fun to play again. Class design changes might do it, but has Blizz given any of us any hope that they will make things better? Don't let your thirst for a good game blindly lead you back to BFA. BFA is trash. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
    [Deleted User]SignexLastlaughlolWhiskeydust
    edited February 2019

Not enough for me. 8.2 won't be enough either. 8.2 isn't going to make the game fun to play again. Class design changes might do it, but has Blizz given any of us any hope that they will make things better? Don't let your thirst for a good game blindly lead you back to BFA. BFA is trash. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

It won't. I'm not that weak. I haven't missed it much in the month since I unsubscribed. In times past when I've left WoW, I've always missed it and wanted to get back to it. This time it's simply not happening.
    Signexdragonlee66itchmon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Are they seriously trying to compete with The Division 2 in the current state of the game? I'm not saying that all WoW players will play TD2, but I'm confident that anyone who is interested in that type of games would choose TD2 over the current WoW, sadly :(
    SBFord
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    SBFord said:

It won't. I'm not that weak. I haven't missed it much in the month since I unsubscribed. In times past when I've left WoW, I've always missed it and wanted to get back to it. This time it's simply not happening.
    I also unsubscribed and feel the exact same way as you.

SBFordSignexLastlaughlolCoolit

..Cake..

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I left WoW a long time ago and I have no plans of coming back anytime soon.
  • NeffxunitedNeffxunited Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I just hate how these races were something they launched BfA with and made a huge hype about, and I can;t even play or enjoy them unless I hop through all these hoops. It's BS. Exalted rep is not something that can be done over night especially when your toons don't stack reputation. All of these things to finally get a race has just got me down and lost all desire to continue on with this game. I bought BfA for Zandalari and now that it's finally here I am not resubscribing. Shitty scam technique to wring me dry of all the money they can.
    SBFordRoinPalebaneMyrdynnLastlaughlol
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    1.* > 8.*
    killerqueer

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited February 2019

Avanah said:

1.* > 8.*

LoL. how so?

do you miss falling through the world when farming? or the lag that we had back then?
    or the one raid it got with a later update?

you kids are amusing... kind of.

you remind me of  those east germans, claiming the GDR was so much better
    laseritkillerqueer

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Thane said:

Avanah said:

1.* > 8.*

LoL. how so?

do you miss falling through the world when farming? or the lag that we had back then?

The game was so much funner back then, the DDR not so much ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Are they seriously trying to compete with The Division 2 in the current state of the game? I'm not saying that all WoW players will play TD2, but I'm confident that anyone who is interested in that type of games would choose TD2 over the current WoW, sadly :(

Really? Because of the vaguely similar group dynamics? I played the original Division and found it pretty boring, not even curious what the new one adds. I can't imagine them making it an interesting game for an MMORPG fan.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited March 2019

Thane said:

Avanah said:

1.* > 8.*

LoL. how so?

1. For what it was back then it was a much more social game than it is today. Sorry if I did not clarify...The Community and sense of accomplishment was much better back then, compared to now.

2. Kids? Yes..I'm a 50+ Year old Kid, Retired from the Military in 2005, Been Gaming since Gaming was invented. Alpha/Beta Tested 99% of all MMOs (Was a GM in EQ). I can't imagine how much more Gaming there is to be had when I grow up.

3. You don't know me. Don't compare me to a Time in Germany when Dictatorship may seem funny to you.

Maybe you did not get my meaning....Let me use words instead of Numbers to not confuse you further....

To ME, Vanilla (1.*) was and will be much better than BfA (8.*)

Take care.
    laserit[Deleted User]KyleranLastlaughlolitchmongervaise1

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    Avanah said:

2. Kids? Yes..I'm a 50+ Year old Kid, Retired from the Military in 2005, Been Gaming since Gaming was invented. Alpha/Beta Tested 99% of all MMOs (Was a GM in EQ). I can't imagine how much more Gaming there is to be had when I grow up.
    Is it just me or does nearly every poster called “kid” wind up being a 50 year old military vet that was some sort of someone in the mmorpg world at some point, lol? Not saying ur fibbing, just kinda funnny to me. I thought I was cranky. I havent been called a kid yet tho. Maybe in 10 more years years ;) oh wait no military backround, nm.
    [Deleted User]Phry[Deleted User]Viper482

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited March 2019

Really? Because of the vaguely similar group dynamics? I played the original Division and found it pretty boring, not even curious what the new one adds. I can't imagine them making it an interesting game for an MMORPG fan.

What I meant is that any WoW player that is interested in TD2 will probably choose TD over WoW to play at that time. Not saying that just because it's similar and the game is in a bad state that suddenly someone who doesn't like shooters decides to play it over WoW :)
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

sgel said:

SBFord said:

I also unsubscribed and feel the exact same way as you.

I feel the same way after nearly a year of not playing.

WoW simply doesn't have the same pull it once had on me and there are plenty alternatives these days.
    SBFord
  • moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    SBFord said:

What are you playing currently?
    moguy1 said:
    SBFord said:

What are you playing currently?
    To be honest, not much, but I'm dabbling in Ghost Recon Wildlands while I wait for The Division 2. I love Ubi's open worlds these days and I can play alone or with a friend. But nothing the way I've played WoW in the past, that's for sure. 

I think I'll ultimately end up playing ESO once Elsweyr comes out in June. :)
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I would play for the Kul Tiran humans if I could just pay to skip the grind.

Bah well. Back to ESO, Anthem, Fallout, Division 2, Torchlight next week, and on and on and on...
    KalebGrayson[Deleted User]itchmon

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Wow really, people are still playing this trash shame on you!
    [Deleted User]NorseGodJeleena
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I would think as a brand new player, & maybe as a returning player, this would cause no to little enthusiasm to resub to WoW. Back in WoW's hayday I could see this being successful, but WoW's lost it's groove, Blizzard has lost it's groove, & there's just so much more quality competition nowadays.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited March 2019

Palebane said:

Avanah said:

Is it just me or does nearly every poster called “kid” wind up being a 50 year old military vet that was some sort of someone in the mmorpg world at some point, lol? Not saying ur fibbing, just kinda funnny to me. I thought I was cranky. I havent been called a kid yet tho. Maybe in 10 more years years ;) oh wait no military backround, nm.

First off I am sure you only notice this when someone is called a kid and addresses it.

My guess would be there are a ton of people who are engaged on MMO sites that are probably older than the average gamer. Old school MMORPG fans are more likely to be obsessed with the genre in my opinion. We were sucked in early and it never lets go for some reason.

As for the veteran things....surprise! I am 48 and still actively serving in the military.....for the record. We are not unicorns; in addition to the millions serving right now there are about 20 million military veterans alive in the U.S. on any given day. You're bound to run into a few here and there.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    SBFord said:

I haven't subbed to WoW in over 10 years and haven't missed it one iota. The first expansion dimished the game for me and the next one finished it off.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Viper482 said:

Palebane said:

Avanah said:

First off I am sure you only notice this when someone is called a kid and addresses it.

My guess would be there are a ton of people who are engaged on MMO sites that are probably older than the average gamer. Old school MMORPG fans are more likely to be obsessed with the genre in my opinion. We were sucked in early and it never lets go for some reason.

As for the veteran things....surprise! I am 48 and still actively serving in the military.....for the record. We are not unicorns; in addition to the millions serving right now there are about 20 million military veterans alive in the U.S. on any given day. You're bound to run into a few here and there.
    Hehe that actually explains a lot. No judgement though.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited March 2019
    What a coincidence! 6 months after the 6 month mount promotion. How convenient for Blizzard!
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Waiting for an update that says they brought back talent trees (not the 1/15 levels ones), more complicated stats on gear, etc.

I would resub for that....

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins