Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please give me everything for free

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

i just visited the official forums
and it actually made me sick

everyone is asking to make things free..
not free of cost but free of effort..

i only see plees like:
- can we make lorebooks discovery accountwide
- can we make skyshards account wide
- can we remove championpoints, they dont add much(but are a lot of work)

why kill the things i like about eso, working hard for rewards isn’t a bad thing, is it?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Scot[Deleted User]

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2019
      I did not feel there was anything hard about ESO at all til you start Vet trials , the rest of the game is quite casual and easy .. imo
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    >Make account
    >ESO, pls make a max level character of every class with min-maxed gear for every role, with all achievements, mounts, skills, lorebooks, and skyshards found.  I am paying customer, I demand it.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Not even remotely surprised! Just based on some of the things they have added to the game over time. modern triple A mmorpgs have truly become feel good simulators!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited February 2019
    Work equals reward.  I really enjoyed when the game was harder.  Taking a level 12 into a level 35 area (getting one shotted a lot alone the way) and doing the vamp quest, (waiting days for them to appear so I could get infected) with a ton of kiting during the actual quest was awesome.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The ESO player base has gone through a huge change since launch and gotten ultra casual. That's what you're seeing in the forums.
    KyleranOctagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I always thought its a pretty good sign when people dont want to work for things that is must not be a very good game, and ESO was not.
    [Deleted User]Iselin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    We are past people wanting to be given things for free. They don't even want to wait to be given something. They think they should already have whatever it is.
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited February 2019
    Lorebooks I agree with.. it's tedious to collect things like that on more than one character. Skyshards, no.. they are the main progression in the game.

Champion points are completely game changing and give excellent alternative advancement. Why on earth would anyone want them removed? Without that kind of progression I would have stopped playing long before I did. It's easy to get all the skills you want and it's easy to get the gear you want.. CP is what keeps you going without feeling like you're completely wasting your time..
    Kyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Iselin said:
    The ESO player base has gone through a huge change since launch and gotten ultra casual. That's what you're seeing in the forums.
    That may be true but people have been asking for account wide lore books and skyshards pretty much since launch. 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Well, scavenger hunt do, generally, have pretty poor longevity unless the locations are regularly randomized.

Iselin said:
    That may be true but people have been asking for account wide lore books and skyshards pretty much since launch. 
    Not really. It wasn't until account-wide Champion points that a few started asking for everything else to also be account wide. Now a lot of people on the forums are always going on about that.

What they really want is rolling an alt and having it be just as good as their main with zero effort. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Not really. It wasn't until account-wide Champion points that a few started asking for everything else to also be account wide. Now a lot of people on the forums are always going on about that.

What they really want is rolling an alt and having it be just as good as their main with zero effort. 
    I'm not sure their desire is a bad thing though. I recall leveling a level 50 character on an old school freeshard only to discover I didn't care for it much in PVP.

Took me close to 3 months to level / gear that character, so I started over twice getting two different characters to low 40s, about 1.5 months each but stopped when I couldn't face the thought of grinding the last levels especially with the population rapidly dwindling.

Would have been nice to perhaps scrap the characters and recover at least some of the time put in, might have kept me playing. 

On the Phoenix things are much easier, leveled up two 50s so far, (still need to gear them) taking about 6 weeks total.

I like it a lot, screw hard mode gaming. 

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

You know, reminds me of the solution Tabula Rasa had in it.

You could snapshot and "clone" your characters, allowing you to fork your progress and create permutations of them over time without completely retreading everything you'd already done.

Thought it was a reasonable approach where you didn't have to do the same thing all over again, but you also still had to put in effort to do something new.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well simple fix,lose the altaholic crap,there shouldn't be several players on the same account,there should be one and NO reason to have more than one.So then they will have no reason to ask for account wide and we can remove crappy ideas like gear that is made bound once worn.

There are a whole slew of ideas being used and not used by developers,i know every angle there is right now,including the cheats/exploits and problems from certain design ideas and i know how to fix them as well.

It is not my job to design these games,i am a consumer but over years it looks more like consumers and devs should switch roles.Consumers would likely be more honest and open and likely design these games a LOT better.

One common trend i see in gaming by developers is they seem to forget that players just want to have some fun.Sure i understand "trivializing" content and pvp and pve ,but no matter what they THINK they are trying to do,always remember FUN.That means NO million man raids,no super long raids,no need for 500 man guilds,gaming should be fun for a simple group of friends or maybe a husband and wife,BF/GF,the common goal should simply be FUN.
    Skymourne

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    What standard of effort are we measuring our electronic penis by today, OP? Let me guess: things you enjoy doing.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

I'm not sure their desire is a bad thing though. I recall leveling a level 50 character on an old school freeshard only to discover I didn't care for it much in PVP.

Took me close to 3 months to level / gear that character, so I started over twice getting two different characters to low 40s, about 1.5 months each but stopped when I couldn't face the thought of grinding the last levels especially with the population rapidly dwindling.

Would have been nice to perhaps scrap the characters and recover at least some of the time put in, might have kept me playing. 

On the Phoenix things are much easier, leveled up two 50s so far, (still need to gear them) taking about 6 weeks total.

;)

I know what you mean with DAoC because that 45-50 grind was painful but ESO by comparison is pretty trivial to level a character.

Champion points, which are a huge part of your end-game power already are account wide. The whining is about incidentals that let you min/max your build for end-game raiding. 

Modern MMOs are nothing like those 1st or 2nd gen ones but a lot of current MMO players never experienced those.

We're not far off people wanting to skip the whole point of an RPG and just jump into the repetitive end-game raid grind... FPS style.

Personally I still like MMOs and RPGs and leveling is very much part of that.
    [Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Probably because other games do that.  Get a fully geared level 80 when you get a GW2 expansion and pick which race you want to apply it to.  Even test it out first in one zone for as long as you like.   WoW has boosts just short of max level and a few other games have max levels for sale or specials.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

t0nyd said:
    I see no point in getting the skyshards on each and every character. Seems pointless. Not sure how that enhances my play experience. To be honest I don't like skyshards at all. It's really hard to Google them and follow a map to them. Pointless mechanic is pointless...
    Sounds like you need that addon that adds them to a minimap addon and regular map.
    [Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Wizardry said:
    Well simple fix,lose the altaholic crap,there shouldn't be several players on the same account,there should be one and NO reason to have more than one.So then they will have no reason to ask for account wide and we can remove crappy ideas like gear that is made bound once worn.
    Or, even simpler, get rid of games, and any entertainment! Back to work! :P 

I think the greater portion of people enjoy having more than one character thank you very much.
    The FFXIV Job system can get bent.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    That way in every game actually.

No one wants to put forth any work, they just want the end game then bitch about there not being enough of it.
    Agreed people seem to think that there is some magically formula that developers can implement in games that can make games easy, no effort, but somehow provide endless fun and fulfillment.

These same people fail to realize that the thing that creates those feelings in games of the past, were a result of allot of work and effort, things that weren't "fun" every second. 

Its kind of like trying to explain to someone what it feels like to "earn" the 10 dollars you just handed them for no particular reason.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:9
    Limnic said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

You know, reminds me of the solution Tabula Rasa had in it.

You could snapshot and "clone" your characters, allowing you to fork your progress and create permutations of them over time without completely retreading everything you'd already done.

Thought it was a reasonable approach where you didn't have to do the same thing all over again, but you also still had to put in effort to do something new.
    That was such a cool and underrated game. It needed a lot more of most everything but man I wish it had made it through.
    TR was one game I had on my play list, I was just waiting a year or so for them to deliver more of the promised features and polish it up....

Whoops!

;)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2019

i only see plees like:
    - can we make lorebooks discovery accountwide
    - can we make skyshards account wide

why kill the things i like about eso, working hard for rewards isn’t a bad thing, is it?

I'm actually OK if these two were account wide. Working hard for rewards is great and should always stay that way, but doing brainless pickup tasks with every character is just pointless.

Shards don't require any level of thinking or skill to acquire, and the books don't change per character so there's no reason to pick them up again on an alt.

On the other hand, at least they are not in the cash shop, thankfully.
    [Deleted User]mklinic

Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

;)

I know what you mean with DAoC because that 45-50 grind was painful but ESO by comparison is pretty trivial to level a character.

Champion points, which are a huge part of your end-game power already are account wide. The whining is about incidentals that let you min/max your build for end-game raiding. 

Modern MMOs are nothing like those 1st or 2nd gen ones but a lot of current MMO players never experienced those.

We're not far off people wanting to skip the whole point of an RPG and just jump into the repetitive end-game raid grind... FPS style.

Personally I still like MMOs and RPGs and leveling is very much part of that.
    This may be the bitter vet coming out but I think it has a lot to do with the cash shop loot crate demographic. People that are used to buying their way through a game expect to have that streamlined. Doing all those things just takes up more time that could be used to hop into instant gratification "Battle-Royale" style gameplay. By that I mean drop-in insta-ready characters with a guaranteed loot payout of some kind 20 minutes later. The funny thing is Guild Wars 1 offered that as an option for PvP but also offered the other way for PvE and PvP. It felt very well integrated and worked well. I realize they're two very different games, but the point being it's possible to offer those things in a single game if those systems are well thought out and designed.
    GW1 is actually a good example of how the two things are different types of game play even when they are included in the same game. 

I'm pretty sure it was WOW that borrowed the FPS quick match game play and brought it into MMORPGs for the first time. People think of those 15 minute scenario PvP matches as being an integral part of MMORPGs when they're no such thing.

The main difference between WOW and GW1 was that WOW tried to integrate it fully into an MMORPG so you had the typical power gaps that RPGs have with levels and gear in those matches. GW1 was more straightforward with their approach and kept it as a separate thing with the traditional FPS even (gear and level) playing field.

In gaming as a whole the quick match FPS has always been a much more popular thing than the slower and much more time intensive character development that RPGs are known for. If it wasn't obvious before it sure as hell is now with the 9 figure number of fans that BRs pull in while MMORPGs struggle to reach 7 figures and are ecstatic if they ever reach 8.

But like I said, I'm a fan of RPGs, not FPS. Time consuming (within reason) is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
    [Deleted User]PalebaneGdemami

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited March 2019
    I still keep my box copy of TR around as memorabilia.

The game definitely was lacking some stuff and really needed to tighten up features of their gameplay (like soft locks were way too wide in scope), but it was a fundamentally enjoyable with some relatively clever features. It was one of the few ambitious hybrid action-RPG games in the mmo genre too.

But yeah, thought it had a good model for global versus discrete progression, since certain things about building your character could be carried over to a new build, but it meant you were playing with something that starts within the scope of what you'd already completed.

So if you wanted a medic you couldn't just take the progress from your Engineer, you'd have to backpedal to the specialist at the second tier and progress your way up the new path.

Think unlocking runes and other stuff was still per-individual, because that was also tethered to missions and rewards.

Probably the hitch with things like lore books and skyshards in ESO. For collection's sake it'd make sense to be account-wide, but because they are tethered to things like mages guild xp and skill point unlocks, it's left at a per-character level.
    [Deleted User]
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited March 2019
    Wow! I havent played TESO for month, cause finally devs stupidity pissed me off.
    Being free of daily logins is like breath of fresh air. 

Three days ago i decided to return, cause i thought i calmed down...Aaand i get spit in my face from player this time. Apparently latest sale attracted inteligent kids from reddit/tumblr. ZOS really desperate.
    Or it always ve been like this, but i seriously cant remember anything like that in f2p games. Nor gw2. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, you wanna discuss some stupid BS? LETS DU DIS!
    Thats what forums for - discussions, isnt it? 

i just visited the official forums
    Why? Its like only 1% players read em (its just waste of time - even devs dont :P ). And even less write comments. 
    (even on this forum you can see same people all the time :P)

and it actually made me sick
    Tolja.

everyone is asking to make things free
    Really? Everyone? So you did too?

not free of cost but free of effort
    LOLZ  
    Yes, beause its f2p game and people didnt spent their money. Or you think they have magic fairy in their pocket that gives em money?! 
    Its JUST GAME thats suppose to be FUN, not difficult/time wasting! 
    Its work for DEVS, NOT for players, but DEVS dont do it for free, they get money (just lil :P) for it.

i only see plees like:
    Then you need new glasses, kid. I see alot of people asking FOR YEARS to fix stuff!

can we make lorebooks discovery accountwide
    So youre saying you got all books on all your 15 chars without Addon?! Good boy!
    Couple years later when this game becomes f2p or stop existing, you gonna have so much to remember.

can we make skyshards account wide
    I would personally ask to make it optional, so i can choose when i make new char. Also im surprised you didnt mention ahcievements, every new char - congratz you harvested bast/regulus/resin for the FIRST time - whoo, yay! Its so DUMB!

can we remove championpoints, they dont add much(but are a lot of work)
    Well, they add some power to your char. But yes, its not new idea. Its just stupid paragon from D3. And +0.0001 to some stat that i CANT see is really awesome, isnt it? 
    And lving is dumb...its sooo boooring. Gw2 removed stupid mob killing. TESO has bazillion quests, BUT its really time consuming and absolutely no rewarding. WHY?
    Always faster to kill stuff. And worst thing is - you CANT see how much xp you get when you take quest. Ive never seen that in any other mmo.
    Oh, i dont even know why...maybe because TESO is designed as SP game.

why kill the things i like about eso
    What things? You said blablabla stupid kids on forum.

working hard for rewards isn’t a bad thing, is it?
    Good morning kid. You kinda late. They already made it easier couple times. BTW there werent champion points in the first place , how can you like em?

Its kinda funny, why do you blame players? Its devs who change things...because they want to attract more people, ie money. They dont care about vets. Seriously this game WAS p2p, and now it has loot boxes - f2p feature, what else cant you understand?

P.S. Suggestion. Make a new char choose most useless :race, class, skills and gear - work hard to get...
    i dunno...IQ?
    same stuff that normal players get while having fun and not torturing themselves. What, its your beloved devs added these stupid things to the game for some reason. So why else it exist, but for YOU?  :P

P.S. There was passives change, you didnt mention that at all, so you liked it?  >.>
    Gdemami