Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Extremes Launches Warframe: Nightwave Series 1 on All Platforms - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDigital Extremes Launches Warframe: Nightwave Series 1 on All Platforms - MMORPG.com

Warframe players have lots of new content to explore after today's launch of Nightwave Series 1. The update is available on PlayStation 4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. Nightwave is "a new ongoing radio broadcast built on fresh, immediate story-infused gameplay". Players will need to tune in to discover new challenges that yield rewards, gear, cosmetics and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Looks a lot like a battle pass -_-
    Folmen
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

momintim said:

Looks a lot like a battle pass -_-

It is a battlepass however it's not paid. It's free to everyone and if I recall from a discussion I had with someone, DE intends to keep them free. This is just a way to reward players who play more.
    Folmen
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I've never really looked into this game. Is there any p2w aspect in the game? If there isn't I might actually give it a try seeing all the positive news/comments about the game in the past year.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    edited February 2019

I've never really looked into this game. Is there any p2w aspect in the game? If there isn't I might actually give it a try seeing all the positive news/comments about the game in the past year.

There is no pay to win element to the game and any of the things you see in the shop can be earned via playing the game. The premium currency (Platinum) is the only tradeable currency in the game. Players will trade you Platinum for things they want. Such as if you go farming for parts to build a Prime Frame, specific mods, etc; players will buy them from you. You can then turn around to spend that Platinum on anything in the shop. It doesn't take much either as well as a full set of Prime parts usually nets you between 50-200 platinum and most cosmetics in the game run between 25-100 platinum. As for the weapons and warframes you see on the shop, they can be earned in game just by playing or you can pay to unlock them early. (Bare in mind, prime frames and weapons plus clan weapons are not available on the shop.).

Warframe has one of the most consumer friendly monetization methods on the market right now. I will say there are some mobile style elements to the game. Example, if you craft a weapon, it can take 24 hours for it to craft and warframes can take up to 3 days and you can pay platinum to rush the craft but it hasn't been much of an issue in terms of progression.

EDIT:
    I want to note to anyone who might pick at my post above and state that rushing builds or buying weapons and warframes outright is Pay to Win. It is NOT in Warframe. 1) Anything you buy only effects you. It does not effect anyone else outside of your personal gameplay. 2) If you did somehow want to jump into the PvP (Though not many even touch the PvP), you still need to level up the frame, earn the mods, and mod it for it to even be effective. You are just unlocking the base weapon / frame. You still need to actually progress with it.
    LeiHngWeiSpectremuseXingbairongTacticalZombehFolmen
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I feel bad for people who come into this game thinking its an actually 'serious' mmo. At its core is just a collection game. You never build up 'power' to use it for anything other than the same exact thing that you've been doing since the first 10-ish hours of the game.
    Solancer
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    I feel bad for people who read "Warframe is a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter." and think "MMO".
    JimWraithAsch126jarsku85BrotherMaynardhfzttTacticalZombehFolmen
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Just wanted to chime in on this and say I started this today and me and my brother are having a blast the quality of this game is ridiculous. Does it have its flaws later on in game absolutely just like other games, its worth a review look on youtube there's some great reviews explaining the issues with power scaling and what not. But honestly its fun its free and its quality and worth a shot in my opinion. The gunp play and character just play so damn well.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Albatroes said:

I feel bad for people who come into this game thinking its an actually 'serious' mmo. At its core is just a collection game. You never build up 'power' to use it for anything other than the same exact thing that you've been doing since the first 10-ish hours of the game.

Every gear based MMO i've ever played you just gain power to kill the same things that got you the power. Also you're not doing end game in the first 10 hours :)
    SpectremuseFolmen
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    @Rasiem at core it's a looter shooter, if you enjoy farming and acquiring weapons and frames and tweaking them to get the most out of them, then the game will have a lot to offer. Check out video of the new fortuna expansion. That region has the best gameplay and quality of life changes to the game. The tennocon video from last year showcases what they have planned and implemented in the case of fortuna.

The saturn 6 changes look pretty welcome, they give the player alot more control over rewards and access to some powerful new builds particularly umbral forma. Weapon slots and built forma rewards along with catalyst and reactors offers a lot to new players in particular.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited February 2019
    If you want a good solid PvP or competitive game, go somewhere else. If you are looking for an addictive gameplay and just an allround fun looter shooter, well, look no further: Warframe is your game!

You can play it for free, sure, but if you stay around expect to end up wanting to throw some money at DE, i nothing else than just to reward them for a job well done.

They started building this thing for real in 2012, and released the first version around a year later. What they have delivered since then, using a f2p model no less, puts other greedy developers out there to shame.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Albatroes said:

Yeah, why power up your Warframe to go and kill massive bosses in open-world environments, or be be powerful enough to destroy wave after wave of chaotic and difficult mobs for better rewards.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Sounds cool, DE, thanks!
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited February 2019
    Obviously Warframe is not perfect, but it's free. Some of the other games charge 50-100$, and a few months in they want you to pay another 40$. and again, and again. And when they can't squeeze any more money out of you they simply stop development and make a new game.. Warframe has been going on for longer than some of the devs on other games have worked in the industry.

From what I've heard Warframe is making $150-200m a year and have been at that for a while. Other games may make $500m on launch, and then breadcrumbs later.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Best co-op game in the world in my opinion. Its not an mmo but it has mmo economy. You can trade witj and meet anyone you want. Missions are clearly instanced co-op. And its all f2p, really f2p, nothing is hidden behind paywalls.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.