Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AxE: Alliance vs Empire Mobile MMO Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAxE: Alliance vs Empire Mobile MMO Review - MMORPG.com

A few weeks back had the opportunity to preview a new title that is just breaking into the North American Market. Nexon, the developer of this new title, has been working exceptionally hard to redefine how we view MMORPG’s on the mobile platform. Their latest title, Alliance vs Empire (AxE), is their response to the question, “How does one bring a full-fledged MMO to the mobile world?”. So without further ado, grab that coffee, kick back and enjoy our review of Alliance vs Empire.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited February 2019
    Yuck lost me at Mobile and Nexon.........sounds like your typical generic fantasy faction based game designed to open up your wallet.
    Rain_DeathravenViper482bcbully

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Is MMORPG paid money to acknowledge this stuff?
    Viper482
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Mr.Gutsy said:

possible since its the 3rd time this crap shows up
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    In before the....hmm, nevermind.
    [Deleted User]

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    Nope, sponsored articles are always clearly marked as such.
    SBFordalkarionlog
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Forgrimm said:
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    Thank you for reminding everyone. In fact, naysayers, Matt volunteered to write this review since he'd previewed it a few weeks ago. 

That you don't care for mobile MMOs is fine but that doesn't mean we won't cover them.
    Wraithone

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Okay it's a little weird you praised the combat / controls when you said Auto battle works exceptionally well. Why even play the game if you can push auto battle? It makes the game pointless.

Also the reason for the large breadth of gear / progression is because of the cash shop, in games like this the more systems you can get people grinding gear or upgrades on, the more money you can potentially get them to spend trying to upgrade every aspect of everything.

Also the game looks almost EXACTLY like Lineage 2 Revolution. Like to the point where I almost cannot tell the difference in screenshots. UI is almost exactly the same, the progression sounds the same, the auto battle sounds the same, the PvP is similar, I'm actually surprised that this wasn't developed by the same team.
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

SBFord said:

Forgrimm said:

Mr.Gutsy said:

Thank you for reminding everyone. In fact, naysayers, Matt volunteered to write this review since he'd previewed it a few weeks ago. 

That you don't care for mobile MMOs is fine but that doesn't mean we won't cover them.

Besides guys, whether we like it or not, mobile might still be a big part of the future :-)
    bcbully
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Forgrimm said:
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    Oh, so they are willingly acknowledging these, that's even worse.  :D
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    Oh, so they are willingly acknowledging these, that's even worse.  :D
    Pretty much every site on the planet runs sponsored pieces. It's a way to generate income to keep the lights on. We will always mark sponsored pieces as such.

Back to topic!
    Tuor7

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Never seen p2w game like that. I would not say in 2019 that graphics and world is can be pro. I dont care gender lock but actually better you do everything on auto as thats quicker and easier so yeah that absoludly take away from experience. And again. Epic p2w so just save yourself from games like AxE.
    3/10
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Can't take Mathew Keith seriously anymore. Got it
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

SBFord said:

Forgrimm said:

Mr.Gutsy said:

Besides guys, whether we like it or not, mobile might still be a big part of the future :-)

Not my future. That I can promise you.
    Asm0deus
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    Pay to win phone app gets a 7/10?

Your credibility has been reset to 0. Congrats.
    Asm0deusViper482DaranarMr.Gutsy
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I keep seeing visions of Captain Kirk playings mobile games on his transponder.
    bcbully

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    That's what we need! More gender locked horse crap. Lmao. Mobile games are far away from being good.
    bcbully
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256

Nhisso13 said:

That's what we need! More gender locked horse crap. Lmao. Mobile games are far away from being good.

If the genders weren't locked would you be paying this app?
    bcbully
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited February 2019
    @Nexfury I thought it was an upbeat article and have given the game a go myself.

My own quick review: Im at lvl 25, (the coastal area). Nothing really sets this game apart so far, from what you’d expect from a Korean mobile MMORPG. Graphics are decent, gear system, mob mechanics, character and cosmetic design, environments are all what you expect. It’s not very optimized as the UI is cluttered with play incentive timers, cash shop and social media links. I’m running this game on a modern Nvidia driven tablet where most graphic intensive games have no issues but AxE is poorly optimized at its release state. Shuttering during cut-scenes, highly populated areas and intense fights in both PvE and PvP.

Everything can be bought with MTX, including passes to automatically complete content where better gear can be obtained. The dungeons and team based PvP are decent but haven’t done enough to give it a positive. Autoplay is disabled in all high end content and PvP is what someone said in chat but I haven’t been able to verify.

AxE is another typical Asian market MMORPG that refines what’s already previously been done on the mobile genre. Crafting, gathering, skill points system are all very familiar. If you enjoy manual play MMO’s, this gets boring quickly. If you enjoy Autoplay MMO’s, this will be another decent side distraction.

What a bunch of salty users in the comments. Mobile is going to unfortunately match PC as a preferred gaming platform eventually. but dont bash the author of the article over it.
    WhiteLanternFishGoat
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • FishGoatFishGoat Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Mobile gaming has slowly turned more and more into a desireable option for handheld gaming, even if the games arent as good as what you get on pc, thats to be expected, tge tech is so far behind modern day pc's still. This can be compared to the early days of console mmo gaming, it had a lot of similar people complaining about it but in the end we ended up with some pretty good titles coming to consoles.
    I feel people are too quick to judge a game based on what it gets released on rather than what the game actually has to offer.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Sadly these games make a ton of money. I don't know who is playing them, but I don't think it is the every day MMO crowd.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    To acknowledge this game is one thing, it's your job, I get it. You cover a wide array of games. But to write a review that has so many positives that result in a 7/10 rating, is just idiotic.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    FishGoat said:
    Mobile gaming has slowly turned more and more into a desireable option for handheld gaming, even if the games arent as good as what you get on pc, thats to be expected, tge tech is so far behind modern day pc's still. This can be compared to the early days of console mmo gaming, it had a lot of similar people complaining about it but in the end we ended up with some pretty good titles coming to consoles.
    I feel people are too quick to judge a game based on what it gets released on rather than what the game actually has to offer.
    People wouldn't judge the games that come out on a platform if what they were saying about a game wasn't true. This game is bad. I played it earlier today, every aspect is pay to win, the entire game is auto play, you don't have to do anything other than occasionally click on things to turn them in.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited August 2019
    p2w. next. and quite frankly, giving this a 7/10 is... amusing ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    A bit of a necro.  Oh well, while this thread is up, guess I'll repeat that there's really nothing to set this game apart from all those other auto-play p2w mobile MMORPG games, besides maybe slightly more refined aspects here and there.