Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:
    When I ask what the devs can show
    ...and I provided an example of dev work, yet you didn't answer a simple question whether such showing would satisfy you.
    NO @Gdemami IT DOESN'T SATISFY ME BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO I PLAY MMORPGS AND WE'RE ON MMORPG.COM AND HOW IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU AND WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?

This is another of those moments where I'm sincerely hoping someone's a troll because someone real-life behaving this dense is frightening to me, 100% not joking.
    GdemamiMendelEponyxDamorcraftseeker
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Gdemami said:
    tweedledumb99 said:
    what the devs can actually show?
    ...would screenshots/animated gifs like this made you feel better?
    https://imgur.com/a/13sj08T

or maybe you like diagrams more?
    https://imgur.com/a/NJSWl9b

Just curious...

lol GIF by Cricket Wirelesssign language lol GIF by Nyle DiMarcoadventure time lol GIFbeluga lol GIFstar trek lol GIF

The funny part is he was serious.

Man my sides hurt and my eyes are watering after that.

Hell @flybyknight just showed about as much as Capin' LOL with his joke code.

LOL
    EponyxDamorcraftseekertweedledumb99

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2019
    IT DOESN'T SATISFY ME BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO I PLAY MMORPGS AND WE'RE ON MMORPG.COM AND HOW IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU AND WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?

...it was you who engaged into discussion about Visual Stu..erm, game in early development.

You complain about lack of progress, yet you won't be satisfied even if progress was shown to you - because that is what all early development is about, just endless lines of code with no front-end.

Ignorance is a bliss for folk like you.
    UngoodBabuinixcraftseekerKyleran[Deleted User]tweedledumb99
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Gdemami said:
    IT DOESN'T SATISFY ME BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO I PLAY MMORPGS AND WE'RE ON MMORPG.COM AND HOW IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU AND WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?

... - because that is what all early development is about, just endless lines of code with no front-end.

No, just no.  CU Kickstarter footage shown in April 2013, crude, but they had more to show 6 years ago than COE has today.

NordicApacheNildencraftseekerGdemamitweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2019
    Wait, there's more, check out the visuals in the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter, May 1st 2017.

On day one they had more to show than COE has today.

Wait, COE showed a few videos in the past right? True, but recently Caspian confirmed they no longer could run them anymore likely due to their significant change in direction. 

Post edited by Kyleran on
    NordicApachecraftseekerGdemamitweedledumb99Nilden

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited February 2019
    Official Wiki:
    https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Timeline

All is well
    Much good. Very WoW.
    The storm is coming.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Gdemami said:

...it was you who engaged into discussion about Visual Stu..erm, game in early development.

You complain about lack of progress, yet you won't be satisfied even if progress was shown to you - because that is what all early development is about, just endless lines of code with no front-end.

Apart from the fact we saw "front end" in the jousting and Parkour demos that are now obsolete.

So your attempt to be clever just shows that your either:

1) an idiot
    2) a troll

Please enlighten us to which it is
    KyleranSlapshot1188craftseekerGdemamiNilden
    edited February 2019
    AnOldFart said:
    Apart from the fact we saw "front end" in the jousting and Parkour demos that are now obsolete.
    ...you said it yourself - obsolete.

It was built just for convention/early show off, same thing Zenimax did with ESO and Hero engine early on - a build that was never itterated upon. Abandoned development branch/effort.

So much to your attempt to be clever...

craftseekerAnOldFart[Deleted User]EponyxDamor
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Wait, there's more, check out the visuals in the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter, May 1st 2017.

On day one they had more to show than COE has today.

.....who would have thought UE4 SDK allows for content creation from the get go, shocking.

Ignorance....
    craftseekerAnOldFartKyleranUngood[Deleted User]EponyxDamor
    Kyleran said:
    This was about 2.5 years post Kickstarter,  close to where COE is in terms of development time, so something along these lines would not be unreasonable to expect.
    ...which is still way less than an another of your examples showed on "day one" - AoC.

Is there any point besides each development being different and your utter cluelesness?
    craftseekerAnOldFartKyleranUngood[Deleted User]
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    The thread is still funny.
    But why are you guys wasting your time arguing with loltroll?
    KyleranMadFrenchieEponyxDamor
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Great point, but it's just such an easy win it's difficult to resist.
    Gdemamicraftseekertweedledumb99

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:
    Dakeru said:
    Great point, but it's just such an easy win it's difficult to resist.
    Well I don't consider it an easy win cause all of his answers are pretty much:
    I am immune to logic and I hate anyone criticizing companies.

Feels like talking to a wall and I feel you guys are too good for that.
    GdemamiMendelEponyxDamor
    Harbinger of Fools
    Gdemami said:
    AnOldFart said:
    ...you said it yourself - obsolete.

It was built just for convention/early show off, same thing Zenimax did with ESO and Hero engine early on - a build that was never itterated upon. Abandoned development branch/effort.

So much to your attempt to be clever...

Producer Vye:

As mentioned in Kaizen's introduction to our Jousting Quest, nearly the entire team has turned their attention to bringing the work of the last six months into an experience that PAX-goers can appreciate.

And

After much debate internally, we went with this jousting experience because it entails next-to-no throw-away work.

Looks like another smart development choice to save time and money.  Like the ElyriaMud which was started and dropped.  Like the VoxElyria which was started and dropped. Like building the game on SpatialOS and then dropping it. 

I’m pretty sure Zenimax had an exponentially higher budget and team size and I’m 100% sure that budget  was not Crowdsourced.  Comparing the two companies development paths is laughable.

So much good. Very WoW!

Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517

So much good. Very WoW!

I think you ought to stop flopping around and either take the stand they should put their focus on making the game which means we might not see anything on our end for months or they should waste time on making public fluff to give people the illusion of progress when none is being made.

Which do you want?
    Gdemamicraftseeker
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Slapshot1188 said:
    Looks like another smart development choice
    ...more like another ignorant troll post of yours.

Not so WoW...

[Deleted User]craftseekerEponyxDamor
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Why you guys wasting time arguing with CoE's Edgeboy?

We all know why he posts the things he does.
    Slapshot1188KyleranUngoodEponyxDamor

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562

Because he is actually sepentius (the COE community manager) 
    Slapshot1188KyleranMadFrenchiecraftseeker
    edited February 2019
    AnOldFart said:

Because he is actually sepentius (the COE community manager) 
    Did you ever notice that one of the biggest fans is Rachel Victoria or Victoria Rachel and there is a SbS employee named Victor Rachels?    
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.

Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    This was about 2.5 years post Kickstarter,  close to where COE is in terms of development time, so something along these lines would not be unreasonable to expect.
    ...which is still way less than an another of your examples showed on "day one" - AoC.

Is there any point besides each development being different and your utter cluelesness?
    Not seeing me as being the clueless one here.

You stated " because that is what all early development is about, just endless lines of code with no front-end."

I disagree as most every development effort has a testing front end from the very beginning,  which I proved with an example of CU, who developed their own engine, and Ashes which as you noted took advantage of UE4s SDK.

Even in your Zenimax example, they used the Hero engines front end for early development,  but one big difference, after they discarded it they were able to quickly show results on their new front end. 

We made a bit of sport over the rag doll physics video, but it proved COE has a testing front end which is being used right now.

So who is really displaying willful ignorance here?
    [Deleted User]GdemamiNildenEponyxDamorAnOldFart

Gonna be honest, I am having a hard time pinning down why he posts what he posts about Caspian, but I am leaning towards former lovers in an "It's complicated" relationship.
    GdemamiKyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:

Gonna be honest, I am having a hard time pinning down why he posts what he posts about Caspian, but I am leaning towards former lovers in an "It's complicated" relationship.
    The beauty of this quote is that you again prove you cannot follow the conversation.  It's why I love public message boards that all can read :)

Ungood said:

The beauty of this quote is that you again prove you cannot follow the conversation.  It's why I love public message boards that all can read :)

I have been following they all go like this:

• Caspian does something - Slapshot Complains about it and criticizes Caspian.
    • Caspian doesn't do something - Slapshot Complains about it and criticizes Caspian.

I stand by my halfassed mockery of what is going on between you two.
    StaalBurgher

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

• Caspian doesn't do something - Slapshot Complains about it and criticizes Caspian.

I'll let someone else point out why your response to Frenchie makes no sense.  As I said, you can't follow a conversation but are just here to try in vain to make every thread about me  ;)
    Gdemami

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

I'll let someone else point out why your response to Frenchie makes no sense.  As I said, you can't follow a conversation but are just here to try in vain to make every thread about me  ;)
    No one else is a CoE edgeboy like you Slap.. no one else even come close.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiStaalBurgher