Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone's Best Features

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone's Best Features

Today, Elder Scrolls Online launches the precursor to Elsweyr - Wrathstone. Not only does the update bring two new dungeons that serve as a story tie-in to the new chapter coming in early June, but the base game patch brings in a ton of new features and quality of life additions. Let’s take a look.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    Unfortunately, ZOS decided to stab the Bosmer in the face with their racial passive changes. Not really sure why, but they did.
    BlueThunderBear[Deleted User]NordicApache
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I have not played since the race changes but the one thing about GW2 that I loved was the map showed me how much of the area I was in that was completed, Its the one thing I wished ESO did. Glad that has been added think I may blow the dust off of ESO when my FFXIV sub runs out.
    Octagon7711

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I may start playing ESO again for the Necro but if it's just a wizard with death themed/looking spells then I probably won't be into it.
    AlomarSwamiOnTheMountainOctagon7711
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

Tuor7 said:

Unfortunately, ZOS decided to stab the Bosmer in the face with their racial passive changes. Not really sure why, but they did.

My Stam Sorc is a Bosmer and I absolutely love the change because of our sustain now.

I'll copy and paste a post from another player from official forums who sums it up.

Temeraire507 wrote:

"One thing many seem to oversee is the math behind the new sustain passive for Bosmer. You got 21%+. Now you get a base value increase of 258. If your character is naked and unskilled you would need approximately 1229 recovery to get a bonus of 258 with 21% buff. HOWEVER the new 258 are a base value increase, meaning they benefit from percentage buffs.

That results in Woodelves being on a comparable level to redguards regarding sustain.

Redguards get 950 every 5 seconds if they deal damage with a direct damage hit, which break down into 380 recovery that does not get buffed by any bonus you might have. On top of that weapon abilities (Endless Hail, Rending Slashes, Poison Injection, in some situations Steel Tornado and the Hidden Blade morphs) get 8% cost reduction.

Woodelves however get 258 base recovery, that benefit from percentage buffs. The setup of most endgame players includes 7 pieces of medium armor, 75 points into mooncalf (if not 100) and the use of stamina returning potions. That comes down to 28 + 14 + 20 = 62 percent buff to stamina recovery. That means that you end up with about 418 recovery, not taking any passives from other skill lines (15% for NB's or 12% for wardens for example) into account.

As you can see, your sustain on a Bosmer is now (or more precisely when the update hits live, if it comes live like that) about the same as on a Redguard and since both now have a base stamina bonus of 2000 you also have about the same damage."
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    I was talking about the loss of stealth, not the stamina changes.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Unlike the majority, I haven't been a fan of the direction ESO went post-launch. Yet, you can't argue with this particular addition. You needed two addons for this in the past and they were two of the most downloaded. Just makes sense to make a feature for it.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    The game has a lifetime of quests, but lacks true in-depth player progression outside of champion points. Combat is still clunky, and as pretty as the dungeons are, having four instead of five people in them feels wrong.

Make no mistake, it is a great game and is probably the best mmo right now, but if they just keep coming up with more stories and zones, it will hurt the game.

They need a rewrite of core systems including mounts and companions. They are already wanting to change or remove Champion Points, so why not put that progression into mounts and companions for everyone.

Crafting seems expansive and limited at the same time. The best you can do is make training gear and upgrade gear a bit that you already got in the dungeons.

The world is surrounded by water, but you cant do anything with it. An expansive boat crafting system somewhat similar to Black Desert Online is needed.

Add some 5-player dungeons in addition to all this and this game could easily be the WOW killer.
    SwamiOnTheMountainViper482
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    ******** This new tool displays the following zone information *********

I like this!
    gervaise1

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Tuor7 said:

Yep you want to be a good stealth toon now your only option is to cough up hair balls.
    What?  If you want to be a stealth toon roll nightblade and you have unlimited access to stealth, potions are a thing and cheap too.  
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311

Tuor7 said:

Yep you want to be a good stealth toon now your only option is to cough up hair balls.

What?  If you want to be a stealth toon roll nightblade and you have unlimited access to stealth, potions are a thing and cheap too.  

Exactly. I question peoples loyalty to Bosmer if they were only ever playing them for that one passive...

Witty & Wicked >:)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    v_Ve said:

Tuor7 said:

Exactly. I question peoples loyalty to Bosmer if they were only ever playing them for that one passive...
    min-max PvP players operating in e.g. Imperial City might very well have played Bosmer for the small stealth advantage.

For those who play races because they "like them" - e.g. me! - all of the racial bonuses are overwhelmed by the base statistics. 

On the whole I dislike changes to base stats that you get used to. However - as said - none of these bonuses are that significant. And if they change help counter guides that say "if you want to be X then this is the character you should have <insert cookie cooker template>  then the changes are probably a good thing.

ESO is a game in which it really doesn't matter what you are. Most things you can redo. OK you cannot redo your racial choice directly but the alt system makes it easy to build new characters. And if you are that keen that you need the racial bonus you will have very high cp ..... which your new alt will subsequently get .....so it won't take that long.
    Octagon7711
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    KaliGold said:
    The game has a lifetime of quests, but lacks true in-depth player progression outside of champion points. Combat is still clunky, and as pretty as the dungeons are, having four instead of five people in them feels wrong.

Make no mistake, it is a great game and is probably the best mmo right now, but if they just keep coming up with more stories and zones, it will hurt the game.

They need a rewrite of core systems including mounts and companions. They are already wanting to change or remove Champion Points, so why not put that progression into mounts and companions for everyone.

Crafting seems expansive and limited at the same time. The best you can do is make training gear and upgrade gear a bit that you already got in the dungeons.

The world is surrounded by water, but you cant do anything with it. An expansive boat crafting system somewhat similar to Black Desert Online is needed.

Add some 5-player dungeons in addition to all this and this game could easily be the WOW killer.
    Your take on the crafting is just nonsense.  It is one of the better crafting systems in MMO's and you can make darn good gear.  Not sure why you would call it training as I pvp in it all the time with no issues.

• pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I want someone to name a better MMO that has come out in the past 4 years. I'll wait.....
    Ozmodan
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I want someone to name a better MMO that has come out in the past 4 years. I'll wait.....

I'm gonna go ahead and say "They are all trash at this point".

If only the animations didn't look so clunky, I just might live there.
    OzmodanHluill
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Every MMO has positives and negatives. It usually comes down to playstyle in determining which one is best. Which is best is a subjective opinion.
    Hluill

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Stop releasing expansions every few months and focus on making the actual gameplay better.
    Ozmodan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Haven't played in a year. It's in my rotation though. Usually, by the time I finish the "correct" build, I'm burnt out (or can't afford gold mats) and move on again.

I enjoy the quests and running around the world. Not a big fan of swapping toolbars. But, ESO has always been worth playing.
    Octagon7711
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The zone guide is very nice.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey