Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snail Games' Outlaws of the Old West Gallopin' Forth into Early Acces in March - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSnail Games' Outlaws of the Old West Gallopin' Forth into Early Acces in March - MMORPG.com

Snail Games has announced a new publishing division called Wandering Wizard and its first task is to bring Outlaws of the Old West to players around the world. Developed by Virtual Basement, the game is described as "an open world sandbox crafting and survival game" that seeks to be "the ultimate Western experience". Players will find themselves in the midst of the American Old West where they'll have to "hunt, forage, mine and craft for their very survival".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    With Red Dead Online seemingly not making much traction and Wild West Online going belly up, maybe the third time's the charm?
    Signex

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Oh no, not again!!!!
    SBFordonelesslight[Deleted User]Whiteshade92AlomarStrizzy12Agent_Josephfsl0maxVrika
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    "an open world sandbox crafting and survival game"

yep, the excuse of a lazy developer.
    GdemamionelesslightWarlyxGaladourngastovski1SamhaelWhiteshade92RoinStrizzy12Oyjordand 3 others.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited February 2019
    so another survival game from this ppl ... sigh.
    SBFordonelesslightGaladournStrizzy12Asm0deusAgent_Josephfsl0max
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    The devs seem to be made up of folks who've done these games before, including Citadel: Forged with Fire. It's a new studio formed to make this one, I guess. I'm OK with survival games, but I'd prefer more adventure than "food and water and gathering management". This looks to be more the former. But we'll have to see what early access brings in a couple weeks.
    SBFordTokkenGaladourn[Deleted User]IzkimarWhiteshade92SignexAlomarScarran

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SzczepanXSzczepanX Member UncommonPosts: 40
    So it's atlas once again, being a copy of ark?
    SBFordBlueThunderBearTacticalZombehfsl0max
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited February 2019
    Yet another reskin of ARK, D&L, etc, guess we now know why the next Atlas update was delayed until March.
    PARTIESPLAYINSBFordWhiteshade92Asm0deusfsl0max

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    If they were launching they would be galloping forth, but if its only to Early Access more like a lazy walk.
    SamhaelSpottyGekko
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    nope, thanks
    fsl0max
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Ugh more early access....THis just seems to be a catchphrase now for making money on an unfinished product.
    KyleranOyjordAsm0deusAgent_Josephfsl0max
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'm experiencing a Groundhog Day with all these news lately...
  • Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

they are terrible at naming games , why not something like Dead Man's Guun / The Outlawed West,  

Why put "gallopin" ? im laughing so hard lol. Sounds silly to me, maybe someone just wants to walk ? 

You're joking right? :D
    Signex

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    edited February 2019
    when it fails it will turn into this new type of game we havnt seen! A stagecoach with a hot air balloon attached to it will fly over the map with 100 people inside. they will then jump out and use their pants as parachutes, once they land they will find sticks and piles of horse poop to kill each other with until only one is left.

oh and the map shrinks.
    Clutch586TacticalZombeh
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited February 2019
    12k x 12k map, how does that compare to arks largest maps like the center or Ragnarok ? I think they messed up again like they did with Atlas. They did right by Atlas with the server meshing making it a proper mmo. But what they should have done is a Steam Punk mmo . There's really no end to the possibilities for content when you go Steam Punk with cowboys and pirate thems there's only so far you can go with that.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    This looks awful. Snail Games is a one trick pony and that one trick is the equivalent of pulling a quarter from behind someones ear.
    SignexGaladournfsl0max
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    Snail never again I bought that'll d&l it is just not fun
    fsl0max
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My god this Snail games is total scum.I figured after Atlas this was their business approach,just keep rehashing the same code and 99% of the assets and pretend to be selling a new game.
    I just never figured they would attempt this so soon after Atlas.

I am pretty sure most everyone now knows their con job,i can't see them selling this to anyone now,maybe a few people out there still living under a rock but no way this con job will succeed again.

Easy for Speedtree to recreate different sceneries,there is only a few numbers to plugin,like % of mountain/water "chance of"for weather.The template is VERY easy to keep creating new titles with VERY little effort,like 3 months and they could whip out yet another one of these.

Not only is the con job a scummy way to disrespect the gaming community but to the people who already bought your games,they EXPECT a TEAM to be working on finishing them and fixing bugs and NOT moving on the the next con job.

Geesh i thought no way,now i am 100% certain this won't stop,they will do this again,like already have 5/6 more ideas to rehash..RESELL the same game.The only way it gets worse,if they further disrespect their paying community by adding in a cash shop and FORCED p2w one.

Furthermore,i got to see who these people are,a bunch of young kids and imo not very bright,so i can see why so many problems.

SNAIL games=ONE TEAM not 4 or5.,there is NO such thing as Virtual Basement or Grapeshot games,those are just LLC's a name and nothing more.

I hope this developer rots in hell ,i hope nobody buys anything from them ever again.They had the best idea in gaming in their hands,10+ years ago,DnL was a great idea,they tried to break the law and lost it,you think they would learn..no way,right back at conning people.
    Kyleranmoguy1fsl0maxMaurgrim

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Are we sure Sergey Titov isn't somehow a principal in Snail Games?

;)
    HashbrickAgent_JosephDomain33X

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Fuck that , i refuse to punch anymore trees ............
    [Deleted User]KyleransquibblyStrizzy12GaladournAsm0deusSamhaelGrunt350fsl0max
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I just want one if these types of games real light on the survival aspects , inventory management like landmark ( once your inventory was full things went straight to your stash ) and an actual world to coexist with other players with everyone playing how they want to play.. Crafters , adventurers , gatherers etc.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Ugh more early access....THis just seems to be a catchphrase now for making money on an unfinished product.

welcome to "late stage capitalism"
    ElendengelAgent_Josephfsl0max
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Come on I just want to know can I build a brothel! If it lets me be Al Swearengen as pimp, not so much the murdering, now THAT would be a game!
    Cynehild
  • CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited February 2019
    Snail Games is managing to copy all the 'hot' IP releases in the last few years: dinosaurs (Ark), zombies, (Fear The Night), pirates (Atlas), wizards/dragons (Dark & Light), old school graphics (PixArk)...and now Westerns (Outlaws of the Old West). I think the only things left are something in space and a BR-type game. Seven games (including ArkPark) created using code bought from their purchase of Ark/Studio Wildcard.

Too bad none of them work particularly well and are being left to rot when the new games are created and launched in EA. Be warned.
    ScotKyleranfsl0maxRexKushman
    You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

- Rush, Freewill (Album: Permanent Waves)
  • moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Man oh man. Lets go chopping some more trees folks!
    fsl0max