Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorcerer Overload

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
On returning after a break
my favorite ultimate abbility has been nurfed
the overload ultimate abillity used to give acces to a 3rd bar..
thats no longer the case..
It was the single reason i played sorcerer exclusively..

sad thing is that there is no reason given.
altough between the lines it looks like the upcomming necromancer class, has an ultimate thatdoes just this.
which makes it even sadder.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2019
    Hardly surprised. Someone probably got beat in pvp and had to ruin the ability for everyone else. I believe Overload has been nerfed many times since launch due to pvp. It used to be much stronger and have a third ability bar. Personally, I think everyone should get the option for a third and fourth ability bar. Fuck pvp.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    The way I see it is change to a Necromancer, problem solved. your welcome.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Palebane said:
    Hardly surprised. Someone probably got beat in pvp and had to ruin the ability for everyone else. I believe Overload has been nerfed many times since launch due to pvp. It used to be much stronger and have a third ability bar. Personally, I think everyone should get the option for a third and fourth ability bar. Fuck pvp.
    If something is op in pvp, chances are it is op in pve as well. To just blame only pvp for it getting nerfed is...well short sighted is a nice way of putting it.
    MaurgrimSignex

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited February 2019
    Sephiroso said:
    Palebane said:
    If something is op in pvp, chances are it is op in pve as well. To just blame only pvp for it getting nerfed is...well short sighted is a nice way of putting it.
    I’ve been called worse, and you are probably right, but I can turn that back on you just as easily, because being OP in pve isnt something you will typically hear complained about unless someone got kicked for being inefficient or is competing for a dps spot. I believe a lot more nerfs are due to hurt feelings in pvp than you care to admit.
    Post edited by Palebane on

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 310
    What ult that Necro has are you referring to? I haven't seen such a thing. or are you talking about their transformation?

Witty & Wicked >:)

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:
    Anf that is why PvP and PvE games should be strictly separated. You can't balance for both, so keep them separate. Trying to appease everyone, you'll end up appeasing noone.
    And yet , some of the most endeared and well thought of games known to the genre had both ..

SWG, Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, Eve , UO,AC(Darktide), DAOC ,Vanilla Wow,Lineage 1 and 2,CoH etc..
    laseritmystbecky
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Scorchien said:
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:
    Anf that is why PvP and PvE games should be strictly separated. You can't balance for both, so keep them separate. Trying to appease everyone, you'll end up appeasing noone.
    And yet , some of the most endeared and well thought of games known to the genre had both ..

SWG, Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, Eve , UO,AC(Darktide), DAOC ,Vanilla Wow,Lineage 1 and 2,CoH etc..
    Not sure why you said Vanilla WoW as Current WoW still has both

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:
    Scorchien said:
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:

Not sure why you said Vanilla WoW as Current WoW still has both
    Because it is the popular opinion that the it was much better during Vanilla era . Than it is today ..
    edited February 2019

Ok, but why can't they ever be balanced then? GW 1 is yet another legendary game that could never get balanced because of friction between PvE and PvP.

They should be separate, though I'm open to evidence proving otherwise.
    Theres no reason why a pve game cant have pvp and vice versa, but I remain unconvinced you can balance both together. One aspect or the other suffers either way. Why cause both to suck? Balance one really well and leave the other to the wolves, imo.
    Post edited by Palebane on

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    For the longest time, almost forever, everything in ESO was balanced around the sorcerer which they left pretty well alone while they buffed and nerfed other classes.

The Overload extra bar was one of those of things which they tried to characterize as a buff since you can now also use your weapon skills while overload is active instead of immediately deactivating overload like weapon skill used to so.

Personally I haven't used Overload as my ultimate of choice for so long I really don't care: "Fire and forget" ultimates are so much better to use while you keep doing your rotation.

Sure it's kind of fun when you're new being all Sith lord like with lightning shooting out your fingers but it has really been a crap ultimate for a long time other than in some niche ganking from stealth PvP builds.

in PvE when leveling your Atronach is your much better fire and forget option and later on you'll ditch it for the Destro staff Ultimate that almost the whole magicka DPS world uses.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Scorchien said:
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:

SWG did sort of seperate them though.
    They had a system in place that made abilities act differently in PvP situations, so any changes made to PvP did not change PvE.
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
    edited February 2019
    Gorwe said:
    Scorchien said:
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:

Ok, but why can't they ever be balanced then? GW 1 is yet another legendary game that could never get balanced because of friction between PvE and PvP.

They should be separate, though I'm open to evidence proving otherwise.
    IMO the attarction of those games and the fun was the imbalance , the wide array of builds and approaches to combat the the unkown opponent and overcoming odds , the abilty to come  up with truly unique and interesting builds for pve and pvp  etc .. this is why folks enjoyed and still enjoy this type of game
    Palebanesquibbly
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    v_Ve said:
    What ult that Necro has are you referring to? I haven't seen such a thing. or are you talking about their transformation?

I definately am, that transformation will almost certainly come with its own set of skill/bar

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)