Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Such a shame

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
That this isn't available on Xbox

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Margrave said:
    Blame that on microsoft. Yoshida has talked about trying to work out a deal with them for at least a year now.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Arterius said:
    Albatroes said:
    Margrave said:
    Blame that on microsoft. Yoshida has talked about trying to work out a deal with them for at least a year now.
    I thought it was sony that was the problem. Yoshida has said that he would love the game to come to Xbox One but all consoles have to be able to play with PC. Sony doesn't want the cross-play
    Neither does Microsoft since it was discussed some time ago that xbox players would have to get their own servers if things were to be considered, which is retarded.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2019
    My letdown was the last few weeks leading up to the original release.I likely followed FFXIV more than anyone else on the planet,right from the very first screenshot and the Orange engine.I witnessed the entire thought process along the way from deciding on the engine and how it would be constructed so the employees had little downtime on learning the new engine,it had to be a fast and easy turnover.

To save me from writing an essay on the entire process that went down and crossed over to FFXi as well,i will simply say that this game SHOULD have and could have been what i had imagined and at least 200% better than what it is.

Imo the two biggest players Blizzard and Square followed the EXACT same mistake,they BOTH believed they had such a fanbase they could literally sell them ANYTHING.

Then to prove how naive,dumb these top execs are even after the initial fail that was FFXIV and seeing how their fanbase was  NOT an easy pushover,they still TRIED to con the FFXI fanbase with an ultimatum,"we are closing down FFXI so join FFXIV now".it failed ...again,they did not see people leaving FFXI nor did they see new numbers for FFXIV,so a change of heart "we are going to keep working on FFXI".

If you notice there is a trend,it is the $$$ and the top execs who are ruining gaming,their only care is HOW cheap can we make this game,how many corners can we cut,how can we raise our profit margin to the max.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Times have most obviously change since the first talks of getting FF14 on the xbox, so if they still wanted it to happen it very well could. At the time it could have been Microsoft not being ready for the task, but now it's probably just "that time has passed", but who knows, maybe it will still happen someday.