Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take a Hockey Superstar Aboard Your Ship in World of Warships Blitz - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTake a Hockey Superstar Aboard Your Ship in World of Warships Blitz - MMORPG.com

World of Warships Blitz captains will be able to set sail with hockey superstar Alexander Ovechkin from now through February 28th. He comes in both American and Soviet flavors and he comes as part of a special event called Victory Blitz. To bring "Ovi" aboard, players participate in a certain number of battles to earn keys for special crates.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    yep, bc we all know, that is how marine wars are won.
    with hockey stars on the ships!

just... why!?
    TokkenSBForddragonlee66

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    just... why!?
    SBFord

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Russian owner,pickup a Russian hockey player,that's why.Doesn't do a thing for the game,just marketing and idk,maybe the owner is a hockey fan and Ovie recently got a 650 goal scoring milestone and he wanted to show him off ,idk just guessing.
    One thing this franchise knows how to do is ruin gaming with cash shops.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    edited February 2019
    Why does it look like that giant dude is bursting out of the water? Is he some sort of raid boss?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Tried all the other World of games but not this one. Ships just feel so limited
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Really?  Sounds rather dumb to me, but who knows what kids will do.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    This is one of the most bizarre game events I have ever heard of...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018