Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Seems to be Teasing Another Fallout Game - Is it New or a Remaster?

Comments

• Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    FO76 Mobile Edition
    bartoni33
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member UncommonPosts: 387
    hopefully its a ES game.
    Alomar
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Just give us new elder scrolls. Enough with the fall out already.
    That isn't likely for a long while. The release title is in trademark litigation over the name. It's not even scheduled to be heard until later this year. Their ability to fuck up seems boundless right now. 
    MadFrenchie
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,264
    Bet its new fallout mobile game.
    bartoni33
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    They aren't teasing shit. This is just a place holder for some game coming out this year. Most likely its one of their new unknown titles.
    Torval

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,120
    The timing is right on an expansion or DLC.
    Eldrachbartoni33
  • EldrachEldrach Member UncommonPosts: 132

Cleffy said:

The timing is right on an expansion or DLC.

Thinking the same, most likely just an expansion for Fallout76, guessing they started working on it even before the release of Fo76. Had they known how poorly the game would be recieved, im sure it would've been canceled
    bartoni33Alomar
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,804
    Fallout 76... Private Server Edition.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 603
    edited February 2019

Antarious said:

Fallout 76... Private Server Edition.

Nope! Fallout 76 REMASTER !!! Including all patches and more!

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    end of paying F76 alpha/beta testing & final realise game

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 206

dinogn said:

Fallout mobile ;).

Yeah, Besthesda will take a page out of Blizzard's playbook & while listening to what the players want add a Fallout mobile version. lol A lot of gaming companies, not just mmos, are sticking it to the players recently & telling us to like it. For myself that won't happen, there's plenty of other good games in the ether I need to catch-up on anyways while these companies either remember to make games for the players or maybe get wiped out.
  • CygiCygi Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I'm guessing... Starfield?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,039
    Fallout 76 expansion- Its All Your Vault

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ArskaaaMadFrenchieKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,259
    Only thing atm I'm interesting in from Bethesda are that space rpg named starfield they are working on.
    Agent_Joseph
  • DarthBumblebeeDarthBumblebee Member UncommonPosts: 14
    It would be possible that it is Starfield. Starfield is rumoured to be part of the Fallout-timeline, so the "Fallout-like countdown" could fit.
    Also if they would release Starfield this year they would surprise the single-player-fans and make them happy again.
    SlyLoK
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,672
    Maybe a Fallout remaster of some sort to try to get some goodwill back.

Oddly enough F76 is the only fallout game that I have stuck with for more than an hour or two. The gunplay and melee are still terrible like the rest but I always find myself playing it.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,563
    I can see it being a New Vegas remaster or something akin to that.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,672
    Torval said:
    That isn't likely for a long while. The release title is in trademark litigation over the name. It's not even scheduled to be heard until later this year. Their ability to fuck up seems boundless right now. 
    Isn't redfall just the codename? The 4 previous main ES games have been named after a place. Daggerfall , Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim.. why would it change? Probably why their lawyers never responded to him.

Besides that writer is just after a quick check. No one would confuse his crap writings with a video game called The Elder Scrolls Redfall even it was was the name of the game which it likely isn't.
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,025
    Torval said:
    They haven't done any advertising with the name Redfall, so if the release were up to a trademark problem they'd change the game's name.

Likely there is not fuck-up and Bethesda just isn't concerned about it at this point because they don't need to decide the game's name yet.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 567
    How about we get a remaster of the original Fallout games, 1+2, that would be amazing!

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

edited February 2019
    SlyLoK said:
    Torval said:
    Isn't redfall just the codename? The 4 previous main ES games have been named after a place. Daggerfall , Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim.. why would it change? Probably why their lawyers never responded to him.

Besides that writer is just after a quick check. No one would confuse his crap writings with a video game called The Elder Scrolls Redfall even it was was the name of the game which it likely isn't.
    Vrika said:
    Torval said:
    They haven't done any advertising with the name Redfall, so if the release were up to a trademark problem they'd change the game's name.

Likely there is not fuck-up and Bethesda just isn't concerned about it at this point because they don't need to decide the game's name yet.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/elder-scrolls-6-could-launch-as-late-as-2021-because-of-a-battle-over-that-bethesda-redfall-trademark/

I guess then Bethesda shouldn't try and trademark this. This isn't the author doing anything wrong but protecting their IP. Bethesda is the aggressive party trying to push a trademark. Bethesda is the guilty greedy party here. But as we can see gamers are ready to come to their defense and gaslight their horrible monetary practices.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,025
    edited February 2019
    Torval said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Torval said:

Vrika said:
    Torval said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/elder-scrolls-6-could-launch-as-late-as-2021-because-of-a-battle-over-that-bethesda-redfall-trademark/

I guess then Bethesda shouldn't try and trademark this. This isn't the author doing anything wrong but protecting their IP. Bethesda is the aggressive party trying to push a trademark. Bethesda is the guilty greedy party here. But as we can see gamers are ready to come to their defense and gaslight their horrible monetary practices.
    Neither party is doing anything wrong: Bethesda has applied for a trademark no-one had before, and the author has opposed it because it's the name of his book series.

Sometimes there can genuinely be a situation where officials have to decide who has some right even though no-one has done anything wrong.
    sausagemix

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,545
    To be fair Elder Scrolls 6 has always been a long ways away. They said in a Noclip interview for Fallout 76 that Elder Scrolls 6 isn't even in active development yet and wouldn't be till Starfield and its DLC where completed. During the interview he stated that Starfield had a while left. I would guess Starfield in 2020 being a launch title for next-gen. Than ES6 in 2024. 

In the interview he stated that the reason why they announced it so early is because people knew it was coming anyway and announcing two single player games alongside the multiplayer one was a good way to mitigate backlash. He didn't want people thinking they were gong multiplayer experiences only.
    Currently playing: 

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,768
    They could easily make another FO76 in a year,the game is THAT cheap.Or they could simply scam consumers by rehashing the same code/assets and give it another title aka DnL>Ark>Atlas type ordeal.
    No matter what it is you can bet it will be cheaply made,carry a fancy marketing video and be emailed to all the websites for some endorsement.
    I thought FO76 was absolute garbage,like not worth a penny,nor worth my time to play it,so i wouldn't buy anything by this team for quite some time,they have to prove they care about their products.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited February 2019
    Vrika said:
    Torval said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Torval said:

Vrika said:
    Torval said:

Neither party is doing anything wrong: Bethesda has applied for a trademark no-one had before, and the author has opposed it because it's the name of his book series.

Sometimes there can genuinely be a situation where officials have to decide who has some right even though no-one has done anything wrong.
    No, it is wrong. There are games and IPs that use Redfall and have done so before The Elder Scrolls. This is Zenimax trying to force everyone else out of using that name for their own personal gain at the expense of everyone else. This is Zenimax leveraging the legal system to squash competition and strongarm their position. It's a horrible practice.

edit: corrected. thanks @jj7009
    Post edited by Torval on