Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablofans.com Closing Down ..

BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

Way to kill your community , Blizzard. 

Well done ..


Comments

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,065
    Guess they don’t have phones
    KumaponAlmostLancelotOctagon7711NycteliosGorweCoolitReaperman69Azaron_Nightbladedarkhearts

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Wow, sad to see them go. Been a staple of the community for a very, very long time.
    Octagon7711Coolit
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    At least they are able to archive the site.  

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,462
    Two sides to the story..
    1 They were in it for the popularity the game brought them,so more money.
    2 They do not see a future so will likely decide to get in on the new trends which are BR's or fpsr's.

    There really are VERY few media outlets in it for gaming,all of them are in it for money.

    The days of Heat.net file planet Gamespy are gone,now everything points at some pay wall.
    Now the real truth about Blizzard..

    Gaming is all about online gaming,real people,communities.Aside from Wow and even that game is arguable a solo game,ALL of their games are solo minded.So go figure why there are login screens to solo game,oh yeah need to reinforce the cash shops.

    Like how can Blizzard be so out of touch with community gaming after all the years in the business,you do NOT create communities with solo gaming.hearthstone,NO player chat,NO tourny UI,no multiplayer like 2 on 2,it is all single minded gaming,yet we have another login screen.
    So then,they have narrow minded games that do not conform to community or ONLINE game play,so then they are making money off of Esport.However they don't want to support the Esport side of things,they just want the money,that is superficial greed.

    they got away with it for years because their games were the popular choice,money rolling in,now gamer's had enough of the greedy developer not giving back and instead trying to scam them for more with a mobile Diablo...sigh.No end to cutting costs to attempt a higher profit margin,well your margin goes down when players leave.



    bartoni33Palebane

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,100
    BobVa said:
    https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

    Way to kill your community , Blizzard. 

    Well done ..


    While the passing of DFans is a great loss, what has this to do with ActiBlizz? If you should be angry at someone, it's Curse, not AB(at least in this case).

    Also, the site's been far from healthy for quite some time. This is an uncomfortable though not completely unexpected development.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,023
    edited February 23
    Gorwe said:
    BobVa said:
    https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

    Way to kill your community , Blizzard. 

    Well done ..


    While the passing of DFans is a great loss, what has this to do with ActiBlizz? If you should be angry at someone, it's Curse, not AB(at least in this case).

    Also, the site's been far from healthy for quite some time. This is an uncomfortable though not completely unexpected development.
    The first paragraph in the link posted in OP lays the blame on both Curse and AB.

    If AB was less incompetent in getting Diablo players what they wanted then interest in that IP would be greater and Curse would be better off. If that is actually true is debatable though.

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,202
    edited February 23
    Not sure why this is even surprising. As they clearly stated - fading interest, means too little traffic to keep the site going.

    This is just how things are - games do not get to go on forever nor do the fan sites. I guess people hold on to this foolish belief of things just keeping on how they've been, but as time goes on - it is inevitable that we will see the games we love get shut down.

    So enjoy online games while you can - if you put it off - chances are - it might be gone by the time you decide to play something.
    alkarionlog
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,202
    BobVa said:
    https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

    Way to kill your community , Blizzard. 

    Well done ..



    Can't blame this on Blizzard alone - eventually this was gonna happen as people lose interest. 

    Not saying that Blizzard isn't at fault - but singling out Blizzard for a fan site shut down due to declining traffic... come on now
    TorvalGorweSovrathalkarionlog
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,619
    Something else will pop up. No big loss.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,666
    Curse is owned by Amazon, through Twitch, now so is it really surprising they have low interest in an old fansite. Way for that site to take the low road with finger pointing and blame gaming, instead of bowing out gracefully. /smh
    Sovrath
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

    It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,913
    Diablofans was only down for a month. It was bought by Magic Find and it lives again with all of the old content still there and new stuff added every day.
    NycteliosTorval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 893
    edited August 15
    Diablo is dead. Even PoE flasks alone have more depth than D3.

    Hope Blizzard can make D4 for real Diablo fans that went to PoE.
    Iselin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,814
    Blizzard will eventually make productive use of the Diablo IP, and perhaps then the site will be resurrected. 

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,913
    Kabulozo said:
    Diablo is dead. Even PoE flasks alone have more depth than D3.

    Hope Blizzard can make D4 for real Diablo fans that went to PoE.
    'Season 16 was one of the most popular Seasons overall, with Season 17 showing similar participation. On PC alone, we saw nearly as many people return for Season 16 as Season 11, the first Season in which the Necromancer was available"

    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093785/diablo-iii-and-ongoing-support-8-13-2019

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,441
    Iselin said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Diablo is dead. Even PoE flasks alone have more depth than D3.

    Hope Blizzard can make D4 for real Diablo fans that went to PoE.
    'Season 16 was one of the most popular Seasons overall, with Season 17 showing similar participation. On PC alone, we saw nearly as many people return for Season 16 as Season 11, the first Season in which the Necromancer was available"

    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093785/diablo-iii-and-ongoing-support-8-13-2019

    Sure, next thing you'll be quoting Bobby Kotick claiming Activision Esport scene is the most sucessful esport scene. 

    Blog entry giving itself a pat on the back... you can't take that seriously. Remember when HoTs was "amazing and popular e-sports game"?
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,913
    Nyctelios said:
    Iselin said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Diablo is dead. Even PoE flasks alone have more depth than D3.

    Hope Blizzard can make D4 for real Diablo fans that went to PoE.
    'Season 16 was one of the most popular Seasons overall, with Season 17 showing similar participation. On PC alone, we saw nearly as many people return for Season 16 as Season 11, the first Season in which the Necromancer was available"

    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093785/diablo-iii-and-ongoing-support-8-13-2019

    Sure, next thing you'll be quoting Bobby Kotick claiming Activision Esport scene is the most sucessful esport scene. 

    Blog entry giving itself a pat on the back... you can't take that seriously. Remember when HoTs was "amazing and popular e-sports game"?
    I don't have to take their word for it. I play it on PC so I know first hand how active it is.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
Sign In or Register to comment.