Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The NoxPlayer Android Emulator Brings Mobile Games to PC (SPONSORED) - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2019
    i have long know about this app/emu as well as others.I even did some research and a lot of them come from over seas.I personally think they are a great idea because cell phones are absolute trash for gaming.
    However,there lies two other problems,FULL compatibility and can you play in full screen,not much good if you simply have a thin band of viewing area on a PC screen.i guess there is a third problem...."support"your not getting any support for a third party app on your particular game and the developer is not supporting third party apps either.

if they can get it all together and works perfectly,then who knows i may one day be playing FFXI mobile on NOX.Oh and forgot,i am pretty sure they are considered illegal and somewhere down the road likely will be completely blocked by the likes of Apple and others.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Wizardry said:
    i have long know about this app/emu as well as others.I even did some research and a lot of them come from over seas.I personally think they are a great idea because cell phones are absolute trash for gaming.
    However,there lies two other problems,FULL compatibility and can you play in full screen,not much good if you simply have a thin band of viewing area on a PC screen.i guess there is a third problem...."support"your not getting any support for a third party app on your particular game and the developer is not supporting third party apps either.

if they can get it all together and works perfectly,then who knows i may one day be playing FFXI mobile on NOX.Oh and forgot,i am pretty sure they are considered illegal and somewhere down the road likely will be completely blocked by the likes of Apple and others.
    Android is open source. You can use googles own emulator, or create your own virtual machine and load your own distribution. In fact, the modded android distro Cyanogen became so popular they ended up getting their own phone. That didn't last though, and Cyanogen is no more, but now Lineage OS is the mod of choice.

Point being it's not illegal. 

As for full screen, you can set whatever resolution you want, but you probably shouldn't enlarge it too much, it will likely look grainy, and many app only accommodate standard phone and tablet resolutions. 

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125

Quizzical said:

What's the catch? If they're paying to advertise it, they're hoping to make money somehow. What I want to know is, how?

SBFord said:

Quizzical said:

What's the catch? If they're paying to advertise it, they're hoping to make money somehow. What I want to know is, how?

They get money through ad revenue for using the emulator.

I think a lot of times, companies choose sites with a certain amount of daily or monthly unique visitors purely for the exposure to potential customers. It's my guess anyway :D

Pre-installed games/apps which comes with NoxPlayer. Geez, is like you guys are living under a rock or something :)

Anyway, I am using it, but not for games. Is a very solid emulator , much better then BlueStacks and any other free Emulators.

SBFord said:

still not commented on the shady servers recieving info from the nox client that are in china or the ad sense that this company has putting that shit all over the launcher. BUT willing to point out my mistake of not seeing sponsored content yet u dont point out ur own of not doing your research u get given a rep sheet and a payment and u shill shady software GOOD JOB GREAT JOURNALISM

If we go with conspiracy theory , then all software , internet pages, etc are sending data to some servers. Be it in US/EU/China/Russia/etc. So by your logic, we should stop using internet and anything related, right?

NeonSaruAlmostLancelotHatefulljimmywolf
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    @BobVa if you wanna say conspiracy theories then sure thats upto you but this is from someone who has used Nox in the past and had info phished by it.
    My google account was compromised luckly nothing was taken i got security alerts saying ive logged in outside of the UK i wonder how that happened!
    GdemamiHatefulljimmywolf
    @BobVa if you wanna say conspiracy theories then sure thats upto you but this is from someone who has used Nox in the past and had info phished by it.
    My google account was compromised luckly nothing was taken i got security alerts saying ive logged in outside of the UK i wonder how that happened!
    There are dozens of ways that could have happened with nox not being involved at all. 

I'd start here https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Hatefull

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I circulated between 3-4 of these mainstream mobile emulators -- and one of them came with some pretty serious chinese malware (keylogger, rat, etc). everyone should thoroughly check these programs before executing them.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I circulated between 3-4 of these mainstream mobile emulators -- and one of them came with some pretty serious chinese malware (keylogger, rat, etc). everyone should thoroughly check these programs before executing them.
    ....how did you find out about a keylogger?
    Do you know which one it was? And yeah how did you find it was a keylogger?
    Ozmodan

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I can't believe all these people asking "Why would you want to play a mobile game on PC?"

Uhh, so you can use mouse/keyboard controls, use macros, bigger screen, faster loading times, rooted device without rooting your phone, etc.

I tried playing First person shooters on my phone, and the aiming was terrible. Launch the same game in an emulator and configure WASD with mouse aiming, and you are fragging everyone.
    Ozmodan
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    I use Nox more than Android Studios these days.  It's just so much more put together and some great features for testing and running builds.  That said I don't think I'd be comfortable logging in with a main google play account.  I've heard things, I've seen things and let's be honest most companies aren't out for your best interest.  If you use Nox, make a throw away account just in case.
    Ozmodan
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220

SBFord said:

still not commented on the shady servers recieving info from the nox client that are in china or the ad sense that this company has putting that shit all over the launcher. BUT willing to point out my mistake of not seeing sponsored content yet u dont point out ur own of not doing your research u get given a rep sheet and a payment and u shill shady software GOOD JOB GREAT JOURNALISM

you seem like a real a$$
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited February 2019
    Legends says, that you are still wondering. 

And if that's the case, then .. no wonder you are into conspiracy theories. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    This is an emulator for Android mobile games so they can be played on the Pc and Mac, I presume all those posters who used to tell me that mobile was going to have no effect on PC and console games and that I was a doomsayer have woken up now.