Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Devs Preview Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Human Allied Races - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2019
    dont understand why people say to much grinding to much this and that too much effort...you guys played vanilla right? the struggle was real the grind was real… we loved it, it took so much time and effort to get what we wanted…. its the same thing today.. just in a total way different way.. dont get me wrong.. game changed when see the light of classic servers bye bye BFA, omg classic servers whaa heart eyes.. but but to say stuff like its too grindy its to this and that it was same thing back in the day but in a different way...yes it is now children friendly level fast, gear fast etc but to get the real goodies that aint children friendly...i dont like everything that blizzard changed since the start and was mad when that famous develepor left WoW definitly noticed a change in icons, graphics, story unfolding, spells change etc...blizzard is old school and need to adapt to todays gamers, that are….difficult..at same time try to get those oldschool gamers to stick with the program.. how many games out there that started in the years of Warcraft 1,2 and 3 rts that developed into a 3d game doing its possible to tune up with todays demands...anyone that is old enough to have lived witness the growth of games from wayy back im sure can agree
    Fun and leisure got replaced by work and effort. The allied races are intriguing. I’d love to play one but I don’t want to grind boring content for months to get one, and I never will. Its not the same grind at all. I used to be able to grind at leisure but now its broken up into extended little chunks, and it’s maddening. I feel like I’m being scammed every time I hit the rep wall for that day. I feel like Blizzard took away any semblance of options in this game over the years and said “you have to do it this way now because it takes longer and we make more money.” But now they aren’t making any money because they went way too far, imo.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I can understand people getting burnt out on WoW, and disappointed in the direction it's going. I can play it because i have been away since WotLK. But even I can see they don't seem to have a clue what their players want.

Complaining about allied races is out there though. There are 8 allied races this expansion. 8. Sure, they are mostly reskins of existing races, but I can't think of one game that released a new race that wasn't just a reskin basically. And that would be one race. Only WoW releases all new races, and in pairs that I'm aware of.

I guess it's the contrast between the old school gamers and what must be the non RPG MMO players. It's too easy, bring back Vanilla! I want it now, don't make me put any effort in! Which is it? XD
    Allied race unlocks for Zandalari and Kul Tirans aren't that hard. If you have been playing the game you are probably not far off.

I've tried all the other games and as far as I can tell none of them are any good. None of them make the effort to appeal to more than a very small niche anyway. No MMORPG is truly dead until they shutter it for good though. By some miracle of insight Blizzard could totally turn the game around in one expansion, and if you are honest a lot of you would go right back. I'm not holding my breath though.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I can understand people getting burnt out on WoW, and disappointed in the direction it's going. I can play it because i have been away since WotLK. But even I can see they don't seem to have a clue what their players want.

Complaining about allied races is out there though. There are 8 allied races this expansion. 8. Sure, they are mostly reskins of existing races, but I can't think of one game that released a new race that wasn't just a reskin basically. And that would be one race. Only WoW releases all new races, and in pairs that I'm aware of.

I guess it's the contrast between the old school gamers and what must be the non RPG MMO players. It's too easy, bring back Vanilla! I want it now, don't make me put any effort in! Which is it? XD
    Allied race unlocks for Zandalari and Kul Tirans aren't that hard. If you have been playing the game you are probably not far off.

I've tried all the other games and as far as I can tell none of them are any good. None of them make the effort to appeal to more than a very small niche anyway. No MMORPG is truly dead until they shutter it for good though. By some miracle of insight Blizzard could totally turn the game around in one expansion, and if you are honest a lot of you would go right back. I'm not holding my breath though.
    None of them appeal to more than a very small niche? Are you sure you have tried all other (mmo) games?  Or is 10M+ niche? 

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

gervaise1 said:

None of them appeal to more than a very small niche? Are you sure you have tried all other (mmo) games?  Or is 10M+ niche? 

I thought it was kind of obvious we were talking about MMORPGs here. Not chess or lawn bowling.
    You are right though, there probably is some secret MMORPG out there that no one here talks about, and no one plays, but it's awesome.