Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RX 570 ??????

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
I was looking to get my son a gaming pc, but ended up deciding to wait; I am glad I did.  I found this:

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814137256

I was was trying to get under 150 for a video card.  I don’t need the card now, as his birthday is still 8 months away.  

Is it worth getting the card now for a build in September or do you think better performance may be available for the price in a few months?  139 after rebate seems like a great deal.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Get an Nvidia...
    Go Intel i9/i7 CPU Socket

AMD have had problems for many years i've tried them run into glitches in video games, driver issues, performance just never what it should be, not recommending Nvidia, as they don't even use OPEN GL code.

GdemamiRidelynnOzmodanmmolou
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    edited February 2019
    The rumors are July will be the release of Navi and that the low end prices will be close th 130.  If that is true, It might be better to wait.  Thoughts?  

Also he will end up with an AMD cpu, unless market factors change significantly.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Don't expect navi to hit before october nor that the price will be that low. As for the rx 570. If you aren't planning to use it right away I'd say wait. Armor editions from MSI are cheap end cards, more likely to have inferior parts and as such there is no good reason to waste months of waranty like that.
    [Deleted User]
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited February 2019
    Wait

thats not a bad deal but 8 months is an eternity in hardware
    [Deleted User]Quizzical
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MMOman101 said:

Is it worth getting the card now for a build in September or do you think better performance may be available for the price in a few months?  139 after rebate seems like a great deal.  
    Wait.

Computer parts are constantly getting better and cheaper. It's never good idea to purchase many months in advance.

Also warranty for the card starts running from the moment you get it.
    [Deleted User]

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    The only way I'd recommend purchasing hardware eight months before you need it is if you have to deal with an extremely awful purchasing process that makes it take several months to buy anything.

Also, if the card is defective and you don't find out for eight months, it's going to be a lot harder to return it and get it replaced.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    It's not even that outlandish of a deal.  Here's a brand new Radeon RX 570 for $100 with free shipping and no rebate to fuss with:

https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-GDDR5-DVI-D-Graphics/dp/B07MCDNQX2/

They also had an 8 GB version of the same thing for $120.  Granted, the card was built for mining, so it only has one monitor port, but still, that's awfully cheap.
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Dragnelus said:
    Newegg were just clearing stock in anticipation for the 1660Ti release, nothing permanent :)

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Dragnelus said:
    Some websites are updating their news that they mistakenly reported Vega 56's promotion as price drop because AMD gave them misleading info, but this is not a price drop it's just Newegg's promotion
       https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/02/21/amd-drops-radeon-vega-56-to-279-to-fight-nvidias-gtx-1660-ti/#398e8437a287

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Probably because everyone was just parroting WCCFtech, and that site is notorious for just making crap up for clicks.