Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mines of Moria to Open on the Lord of the Rings Online Legendary Server in March - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMines of Moria to Open on the Lord of the Rings Online Legendary Server in March - MMORPG.com

When March rolls around, one of Lord of the Rings Online's most iconic expansions will open. Mines of Moria will see players head underground and into Khazad-Dum to attempt to "reclaim its depths from Mazog, Son of Bolg and his hordes". Players will find a new level cap of 60, 12 new areas to dive into along with over 400 new quests, 13 skirmishes and the ability to "design and create your own Legendary items".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    My favourite expansion from any MMO.

I can't even think of another that had a fully underground, dungeon type, expansion.
    BlueThunderBearOzmodan[Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I dont get the attraction of a legendary server? Hasn't all of this been done already? Why is doing it again any better?
    Ozmodan[Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I dont get the attraction of a legendary server? Hasn't all of this been done already? Why is doing it again any better?
    Ask the WoW Classic fans. ;)
    gervaise1Rain_Deathraven

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

The large number of people on this server make it a far more vibrant experience for that it was the first time around . I didn't join the game until Mirkwood and I always played on a poorly populated server so I am getting to do some content for the first time .
    Ozmodan
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    All I want to here from this game I'm sorry but, is new game engine coming like from this decade.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    it has basically consolidated enough of the player base so that it feels very alive.

it also puts the player base in a narrow enough range so that they can play together or at least hope to catch up.

Also, I think people have a skewed view of what this server is. It's not a "classic" server so much as one that releases the expansions every few months. Otherwise it's the same game.

This is just a way to consolidate the player base but also keep them close to each other in level.
    Ozmodan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited February 2019
    My Burglar is ready.
    Cannot wait, for me was MoM best expansion and addition to this game. Because everyone know what is over surface of Middle-earth but beneath? Nobody know what lie there. So that's why Moria has huge success in community. And also everyone want to see Bridge of Khazad-dum and Durin's bane lying under the mountain.
    Of-course in that time Legendary weapon system was fine, but in time and adding more content fail so hard.
    Legendaries were fixed with Gondor expansions.
    And density with upcoming updates was nerfed, some routes were simplified and so on... but still cannot wait to see Moria again and make step into Durin's Threshold..
    Sweet memories.
    Drius75TheDarkrayne
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    No Pvmp no me. Still one of my fav mmo's so wish them all the best.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    that place is evil,i do appreciate the work that must have gone into moria but jesus,what a utterly huge and confusing zone,great for new players though,good luck.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Alomar said:
    No Pvmp no me. Still one of my fav mmo's so wish them all the best.
    I do not get why posters whine about pvmp.  It has been broken for ages, Creeps are just dominated.  If you want to pvp, Lotro is most definitely not your game.  Most of us stopped pvmping on the normal servers ages ago because of that.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited February 2019
    natpick said:
    that place is evil,i do appreciate the work that must have gone into moria but jesus,what a utterly huge and confusing zone,great for new players though,good luck.
     I think that's why I like it. The only thing I don't like is the whole "dwarves have camps all around the place."

It should just be one big dungeon crawl.

also, not sure why I got a WTF from Ozmodan, I'm playing on the server, that is exactly what it is, a consolidation of players for each expansion.
    BossChono
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

P.S. why do I have to use html br to make spaces ?
    That happens if you try to edit from the news feed comments section. It's not like that if you go into the proper forums to edit.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2019
    You totally miss the point, its not just doing it all again. Its doing it all again SLOWER than you can on a normal server .... er wait.

Well, yea and no. Some people want to go back to a time when things weren't so 'mainstream' (aka caving into the 'free gear' craze). I dont really think its so much about wanting 1 to dominate the other (old school vs modernization) as it is people just wanting each to co-exist with each other and kind of be their 'own thing.' Plus, loot was more 'interesting' while putting 'balance' to the back end. People have gotten so obsessed with 'balance' which has led to games' loot being bland, this coming from one of the wow devs themselves. Its kind of funny that ilvl in games (mainly wow) have gotten to a point where they honestly dont have value anymore (even though I never really saw the point in the concept personally since I came from FFXI originally, which didn't see item level implementation until its final expansion, which was when it was 'dead').
  • moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    This really will be fun for most but its not a " throw back to them there days " . They are using all the new systems so you could be on a normal server and just level lock and get the same experience. But it is something for people to do
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Albatroes said:
    You totally miss the point, its not just doing it all again. Its doing it all again SLOWER than you can on a normal server .... er wait.

Well, yea and no. Some people want to go back to a time when things weren't so 'mainstream' (aka caving into the 'free gear' craze). I dont really think its so much about wanting 1 to dominate the other (old school vs modernization) as it is people just wanting each to co-exist with each other and kind of be their 'own thing.' Plus, loot was more 'interesting' while putting 'balance' to the back end. People have gotten so obsessed with 'balance' which has led to games' loot being bland, this coming from one of the wow devs themselves. Its kind of funny that ilvl in games (mainly wow) have gotten to a point where they honestly dont have value anymore (even though I never really saw the point in the concept personally since I came from FFXI originally, which didn't see item level implementation until its final expansion, which was when it was 'dead').
    bad example as Ian from WoW came out and said they don't give a shit about balance, if they want you to play a spec, they'll buff the shit out of it, if they don't want  you to play a spec, they'll nerf it to the ground. They don't try to balance everything equally, has nothing to do with making gear bland.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited February 2019
    The game almost grabbed me ... before I realized it's just a restart of the current and incredibly easy mode game play that is a shadow of it's former style.

I understand this is better than nothing, but it's also the easiest path to profit from the "Classic/Legendary" craze happening right now from the developers perspective and isn't an actual return to a game's early state. I even enjoyed some of the class changes. It's just the painfully boring and easy content that drove me away. It makes Wow Classic seem like Old School EQ hard mode at times ... and Wow Classic is easy.

It seems to have a bit of success for what it is however, so good on them. It's just a relaunch of the version of the game I hate sadly.

You stay sassy!

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    With all the changes over the years, even going back to the Legacy servers it was just far too simple. I was really looking forward to the MoM expansion (such great memories) but with the changes in place as they are now it won't be the same. There will be next to no challenge sadly.
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

Stizzled said:

All I want to here from this game I'm sorry but, is new game engine coming like from this decade.

Never going to happen.

While we won't get a new engine the new 64-bit client has already shown up on the Palantir testing servers so its on the way.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I tried to play again, I played it when it first came out and I enjoyed it up to a point, I guess I forgot about all the fetch quests, kill 10 bugs, kill 10 skeeters, kill 10 wolves, you need the patience of Ghandi to deal with all the fetch quests