Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark & Light Price Adjustment and Full Release News

CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30

Price Adjustment and Full Release News

20 FEB @ 9:08PM - SG_CALCULATED
Hello Adventurers!

The Dark and Light team is happy to announce a price reduction for Dark and Light on the Steam store across all regions. We believe that this new price better reflects what players are looking for when browsing the huge selection of games available on Steam. 

The development team is also working towards bringing Dark and Light to full release, and part of that process involves reconstructing the engine and how data is stored. Without going into too much technical detail, this will greatly reduce instances of Adventurers losing their gear or items, as well as resolving any character loss issues during server transfer.

The price reduction is effective immediately and will be the new default price for Dark and Light moving forward.

-The Dark and Light Community Team

https://steamcommunity.com/games/529180/announcements/detail/1757997476014699772
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

- Rush, Freewill (Album: Permanent Waves)

Comments

• CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Don't be fooled. None of the previous issues have been addressed, and it will be a miracle if they are before this releases. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Very sad to see how developers have no morals,ALL of them are just scammers.

I love the games albeit all 3 are the same game at the core.The way this developer operates though is frustrating as hell.
    It feels like Smedley is running it or like watching DB games ,all they do is figure price fixing or tiny gimmicks can keep the money train going.

This studio/owner Snail Games absolutely BLEW IT,i would fire somebody over the debacle.They had a great idea rehashed from the original Dnl,at least if you are going to rehash the same game with a new twist,GET IT RIGHT !! this time.

EVERY last detail about how they implemented and released the game is just bad and i love playing Atlas.The fact they did not FIX the settings and address the private server issues and how they handled problems  is mind boggling.They could have had a very large fan base but instead lost 90% of the players and will NOT fool anyone with their next attempt at cash flow.

...sigh,such a travesty,1/2/3 somebody needs to get fired idc fire them all,fire all of Snail games.
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Geesh remember like 10 or so years ago,the HYPE meter for DnL was massive,everyone was anticipating the game.You would think after all these years,they learned something...nope.Speedtree,no problem Epic has it utilized,ok just release DNL and make some money.Ok we need more money,let's sell DnL again and call it Ark.Ok Snail needs more money,WC needs more money,let's sell DNL again,this time call it Atlas.

I am going to fall out of my chair the next time this operation tries to create cash flow because i bet 100% it will be a dishonest tactic.
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Are you only counting Ark, Atlas, and Dark & Light as the 3 games? They actually also released Fear The Night, Ark Park, and PixArk utilizing the base code from Ark. So that makes 6 games from the same code. 
    Gdemami

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Wizardry said:
    Geesh remember like 10 or so years ago,the HYPE meter for DnL was massive,everyone was anticipating the game.You would think after all these years,they learned something...nope.Speedtree,no problem Epic has it utilized,ok just release DNL and make some money.Ok we need more money,let's sell DnL again and call it Ark.Ok Snail needs more money,WC needs more money,let's sell DNL again,this time call it Atlas.

I am going to fall out of my chair the next time this operation tries to create cash flow because i bet 100% it will be a dishonest tactic.
    D&L 10 years ago was a different game, different company. Not related. 

And no, not all developers are scammers... good grief.