Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendary Server - Every 4 Months???

2»

Comments

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Varking said:
    Im in a level locked guild that is going even SLOWER if that might interest you http://wot.gamerlaunch.com/

I highly recommend anyone who wants to take the game slowly and hit all content at level that kins like this are amazing for accomplishing that. 
    We are currently at level 30 and progressing as a guild. Join the fun, we just got our grand guild house.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2019
    Varking said:
    Isn't every MMO in play it while you can mode? 
    well techncally yes..

some are much more in danger of shuttering than others also...
      SSG does not have an extended contract with LOTRO Ent ip , they need to earn X each year to keep the contract ...

There recent updates and changes to the newest raid content are flatout desperation money grabs driven by greed , the opening of the Legendary server is also another last dithch attempt at holding on ..

With another LOTRO game in development and possible BETA coming this time next year .. the future does not look good for SSG and LOTRO imo

Mendel
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Scorchien said:

There recent updates and changes to the newest raid content are flatout desperation money grabs driven by greed , the opening of the Legendary server is also another last dithch attempt at holding on ..

With another LOTRO game in development and possible BETA coming this time next year .. the future does not look good for SSG and LOTRO imo

On the recent raid content changes what are you talking about? They nerfed Rune Keeper healing in the Anvil by nerfing Fates but that has nothing to do with a money grab. People are clearing T2 and T3 version of that just fine so I am not sure what you are talking about when you say its money driven by greed.

There is another Lord of the Rings game being made but there doesn't seem like there are going to be much overlap. They specifically stated they are going to explore creatures, land and people never before seen. They said its an online game but haven't said its going to be an MMORPG and considering the business model I see no reason both games can't exist in their own niche. 

The Legendary server is where I moved to instead of live and I prefer it. I haven't had to spend any extra money on the game as a Lifetimer so I don't see it as any sort of last ditch effort to hold on. They were staying with the times considering other MMORPGs are looking to create vanilla or as close to original experiences as they could. I find these servers to be much more enjoyable than the regular servers. 
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Scorchien said:
    SSG and LOTRO are on a very slippery slope right now , play it while you can
    There have been variations on this theme since the game was first released.

As far as : 'they need to earn X each year to keep the contract ...'   ahhhh, no.   The owner of the property set's a price, SSG either agree's to that price to use the license for X amount of time or not.  MEE doesn't get a cut of the profits, they get paid a flat fee so it really doesn't matter how much the game makes to MEE, although I'm sure it does to SSG.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter