Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Devs Preview Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Human Allied Races - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Devs Preview Zandalari Trolls & Kul Tiran Human Allied Races - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft team has unleashed a new trailer to showcase the next two Allied Races that will be joining Battle for Azeroth in the next update. The official site has also been updated with lots of information about each including racial traits, unlock requirements, a heritage armor & mount preview and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited February 2019
    Yeah...announced in 2017, planned for BfA's release and just now coming along when so many people -- like me -- have unsubscribed and broken their "addiction" to WoW. Honestly, I had a character I was going to race change to Zandalari, but now I just don't care. It's doubtful I'll ever go back. 

I remember my mother once told me that hating something is just the same as loving it, just 2 sides of the same coin. Ambivalence is the true opposite of both. Guess I'm pretty much there now.
    AvarixFolmenAlbatroes[Deleted User]onelesslight[Deleted User]gervaise1Thahardragonlee66Xingbairongand 14 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Yeah...announced in 2017, planned for BfA's release and just now coming along when so many people -- like me -- have unsubscribed and broken their "addiction" to WoW. Honestly, I had a character I was going to race change to Zandalari, but now I just don't care. It's doubtful I'll ever go back. 

I remember my mother once told me that hating something is just the same as loving it, just 2 sides of the same coin. Ambivalence is the true opposite of both. Guess I'm pretty much there now.

Hey Suzie! Look at the positive! You broke your addiction to wow....thanks to Blizzard!
    SBFordPhixion13ThupliRain_DeathraveninfomatzMrMelGibson
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Zenislav said:
    At start of expansion during honeymoon phase I could not wait to play Kul Tirans. Everything I wanted as I have long sailor tradition in family and was born and raised by sea + their a bit dark feel and "gotic" look. But now I just dont care. And that makes me a bit sad.
    I feel your pain. <3 
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    edited February 2019
    Took too long; don't care anymore. Also I think people are getting burned out on the grinding for additional race options. I wanted to play a Dark Iron since the first time I encountered one. By the time I could get the DIs I was already over wow as a whole.
    SBFord[Deleted User]PalebaneinfomatzJilyna
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Make them love you, make them hate you, it doesn’t matter, just make sure they care.  Indifference however is a death sentence.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFordgervaise1Thahar[Deleted User]GorweTruvidien88laseritinfomatzjimmywolfmikeb0817and 1 other.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Don't understand how it took them so long. Disappointing.
    SBFordgervaise1ThaharPhixion13Palebane
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    BFA launched on 8/14/2018. So disappointing. I'm over in ESO now loving it.
    SBFordSinsaigervaise1BlueThunderBearfoxgirlTruvidien88PalebaneRain_DeathraveninfomatzMrMelGibson
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Kul Tiras humans actually look good IMO compared to the cracked out regular models and kinda made me want to play again for a second. Surprised they would stick them behind achievements though and include details in the video on how to complete them like it's a plus.

So the bfa box price + race change fee isn't enough eh? they want an extra 1-2 month sub($30).
    SBFordKalebGraysonThupliPalebane
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Too much of a grind to unlock allied races. So glad I quit playing this.
    MargraveSBFordKalebGrayson[Deleted User]PalebaneKooturPsym0n
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

koldmiser said:

^-This is truth.

If I buy an expansion for a new race I should be able to make a new character with that new race upon purchase. Forced grind is a sign of a blank minded developer. They're out of ideas. No reason to play anymore.

I moved on years ago.
    KalebGraysonBeezerbeez
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I just get the impression that Blizzard decide to slow release the bfa's content that feels like it should have in at launch in the hope of keeping people subscribed longer. Maybe keep dev costs down as well and avoid having to push out at least one or two content patches.
    PalebaneSBFord
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    IDGAF! <3
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    All the comments on here make me think of the Neutrals from Futurama.lol

"If I don't survive, tell my wife, Hello."

https://theinfosphere.org/Neutral_People
    TsiyaKooturjimmywolf
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

SBFord said:

Your hatred for WoW has clouded your memory.

At BlizzCon 2017 they announced Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs as being playable at the launch of BfA.

Kul'Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls were not confirmed to be playable races until March 2018.

Also, Blizzard never said they would be playable at launch.
    foxgirlKooturPonkuThaharjimmywolf
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    WoW died with all the talent changes that dumbed it down to preschool levels.
    KooturScot
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Never even got the expansion to begin with.
    KooturinfomatzPonku

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    call me when the fox people are playable
    KooturSBFordThahar
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    My 'lock is exalted with the Zandalari from vanilla, wonder if that counts? Don't care enough to resub and find out.
    MrMelGibson

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Take your daily quest rep grinds and curd cheese with it.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    It’s hard to get excited about anything wow related anymore. The game is just bland and stale.
  • PonkuPonku Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited February 2019

Margrave said:

koldmiser said:

^-This is truth.

If I buy an expansion for a new race I should be able to make a new character with that new race upon purchase. Forced grind is a sign of a blank minded developer. They're out of ideas. No reason to play anymore.

I moved on years ago.

I used to think that too. Before the BfA announcement i didn't think that they would add nightborne as a race (as some leaks were suggesting), because that would be "previuos expansion content", for example.
    But i later understood that Blizzard just went different way than before. Usually we got either no new race or one or two fleshed out new race central to expansion. But races in BfA are not "new races", they are "allied races". Instead of one or two, we have 6 with 2 more coming and possibly more in the future, less fleshed out races. They are not what we are used to know as new race, they function more like an achievement with prize. Whith how some look just like more skin and accesories options (lightforged, highmountain) its sometimes more similiar to unlocking new customisation option in other games.

I have nothing against having to work to unlock them, if the tradeof is me having much more options to customise than usual. I already do work(play) for unlocks in other games. What i have something against here though, is that they are so late. Even when never explicitly stated they will be avalaible at launch (or even i think it was said before release that Zandalari will be later) i would assume that story-wise and unlocking-time-wise they would arrive months ago already.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    If you have left WoW don't let that make you forget the good times and if you did more than vaguely notice that other people were playing, the good people you met. :)
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I had wanted to play Zandalari since it was announced. I understand it was not going to be at launch. I don't care. Blood elves were at launch. This whole thing was an arbitrary construct made to keep people paying subscription fees as long as possible. I unsubbed several months ago and have no interest to resub only to have to go through a reputation grind in order to play a Zandalari. Too little, too late, too bad.
    SBFordPalebane
  • MainframesMainframes Member CommonPosts: 4
    dont understand why people say to much grinding to much this and that too much effort...you guys played vanilla right? the struggle was real the grind was real… we loved it, it took so much time and effort to get what we wanted…. its the same thing today.. just in a total way different way.. dont get me wrong.. game changed when see the light of classic servers bye bye BFA, omg classic servers whaa heart eyes.. but but to say stuff like its too grindy its to this and that it was same thing back in the day but in a different way...yes it is now children friendly level fast, gear fast etc but to get the real goodies that aint children friendly...i dont like everything that blizzard changed since the start and was mad when that famous develepor left WoW definitly noticed a change in icons, graphics, story unfolding, spells change etc...blizzard is old school and need to adapt to todays gamers, that are….difficult..at same time try to get those oldschool gamers to stick with the program.. how many games out there that started in the years of Warcraft 1,2 and 3 rts that developed into a 3d game doing its possible to tune up with todays demands...anyone that is old enough to have lived witness the growth of games from wayy back im sure can agree
    Ponku
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I played Vanilla...13 years ago. Think about that. 13 years. This is an OLD game. And I think just about everyone can agree the game is Worse now that it was then. 14 year old game getting worse over time. /smh
    foxgirl