Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is the same, but so much better

solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54
I stopped playing for just over a year. When they were breaking some of the basics with patches, and then giving the 'working as expected' BS it was game breaking for me. However, they have fixed all of that, and with the AFK level, RNG beating Caphras it is a MUCH better experience. 

I have pulled back in a few friends, and my old guild is all starting to play again. Really enjoying the new areas, quests, and remastered mode looks so good. 

Graphically this game is the best MMO going. The action system I still giggle about. So fun. Back on the BDO train. Best sandbox MMO going.
TokkenalkarionlogAzaron_Nightblade

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Think you need some more options on your poll there.
    solochoowookieZenJellyPhry
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Just open a PvE server and I would give it a try :)
    SeedymanGdemamiDAOWAceAmystiaMadCoderOnealkarionlogjimmywolf[Deleted User]
  • solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54
    flizzer said:
    I have not had a problem with gankers at all. In the 99 days, 14 hours, and 19 minutes (OMG I have a BDO problem) I have been ganked less than 10 times. I only do PVE, and if a spot is camped I just jump servers and can always seem to find a space to play.
    ZenJellyPhry
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    flizzer said:
    This.

My main character, also my lifeskiller, is still locked to level 49, and I quit playing a year ago.

Until they add a PvE server (and actually create PvE content that isn't just grinding mobs at varying difficulty), there's no reason to bother playing this game besides a "first time experience".

Unless you enjoy PVP of course, because that's mostly all the game is.  Except it's p2w and highly gear based unlike other pvp focused games, so there's no point investing into it anyway unless you like being sub-par until you pay real money or grind your life away.
    ZenJelly
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    The problem you have is with the Russian company who were very selfish and did not consider their clients when they withheld the data and they are the primary party responsible for this fiasco. Stop spamming threads on this forum.
    Riqqy82
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DAOWAce said:
    flizzer said:
    This.

My main character, also my lifeskiller, is still locked to level 49, and I quit playing a year ago.

Until they add a PvE server (and actually create PvE content that isn't just grinding mobs at varying difficulty), there's no reason to bother playing this game besides a "first time experience".

Unless you enjoy PVP of course, because that's mostly all the game is.  Except it's p2w and highly gear based unlike other pvp focused games, so there's no point investing into it anyway unless you like being sub-par until you pay real money or grind your life away.
    PVP is only a very small part of the game, unless your into node wars etc. i think the shadow arena is actually a ploy to get more people to engage in PVP! other than that its mostly PVE and life skilling etc. for PVP you pretty much have to go looking for it, my highest level toon is now level 62, good sailing and trading skills, M8 in trade! not only that, have almost finished building a forest path wagon! as for PVP, it wasn't a gank but did have a war dec about a month or so ago, but only fought in it once. As for P2W, well, i hear that lucky underwear really makes a difference in PVP  ;)
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited May 2019
    I'm new to this game (maybe played a week and a half) and damn...I'm loving it.

I cannot really say much as an overall opinion due to my lack of time with the game but I can say that this 'seems' like the sandbox game i've always wanted- Live your life in a fantasy world.

I got the explorers edition (*since its on sale right now) and also bought some cash shop items (a pet and an outfit) and am around $70 total spent- I really dont mind having to drop another $70 or so next month and then maintain a sub but if its too P2W i'll just play as long as I am enjoying it- And damn, I am enjoying the hell out of it atm.

I also like how there are afk activities- Its a nice way to wind down, relax and multi-task. For instance , my toon is reading right now while I grab some food, surf the web a bit and type this... He is gaining actual in-game knowledge for this afk activity. When I go to sleep for the night I'll leave my guy fishing...Its actually pretty fun to wake up and see what all you've gained/caught.

The game seems to have a ton of depth and overall I'm loving it. Wish I had decided to try this a long time ago but the P2W talk scared me away.

edit- Thus far I havnt seen a whole lot of 'kill on sight' PVP- It seems to revolve more around guild wars than just ganking. Not saying that random ganking doesnt happen but most PVP is structured from what I can see.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Get your worker army working -- that is one thing most players fail to do early on.  At a minimum you will need 5 total pets -- preferably at least one polar bear and a hedgehog from when they have event boxes with those.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    flizzer said:
    The PVE is not worth doing , Helen Keller could do it , easy
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    DMKano said:
    OP obviously hasn't gotten to end game gearing- yes I am talking TET and PEN in every slot.

It is the worst system I've ever seen period and that is an understatement. 

Its what happens when you turn endgame into pure hell of RNG all designed to milk the playerbase to no end.

Also PvE endgame combat is a total joke - World bosses are gang bang loot pinatas. End game PvE is 99% mindless grind of stupid easy mobs that you slaughter by the millions, most mind numbing shit you can imagine

Gorgeous game with no soul nor PvE combat depth whatsoever.

PvP still has 5 viable classes after 3 years- so no balance at all and if you are one of those handful classes and geared up - other classes have no realistic chance - there is no skill that can overcome gear.

Lifeskilling - for what purpose other than getting hundreds of billions to get end game gear. 

Welcome to the suck
    Ya kind of just summed it up. 

It might be slightly less annoying if the systems were actually fun to execute, but their not, they're boring and in my opinion senselessly designed systems to achieve some outcome, the odd and annoying favor wheel stands out for me, but most all of the systems just weren't fun to execute on.  Clunky and soulless as you pointed out.  I lasted about 4 weeks then all systems hit pay walls to make them partially sane to execute on, but there is no fun in any of them.

Designing games that are fun and have character are just not main focus of game design anymore.
  • hbktimf24hbktimf24 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    is this game solo friendly?
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    just dont waste ya time end game gearing is retarded and you will never catch the top few hundred people. well maybe if you play for a year and spend plenty of cash
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    hbktimf24 said:
    is this game solo friendly?
    It's more of a solo experience than a grouping one tbh. So yes, very much so.
    kikoodutroa8

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/