Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ten TV Shows You Loved as a Kid

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
1.  Star Trek (the original)
2.  Gilligan's Island
3.  I Dream of Genie
4.  Bewitched
5.  Johnny Quest
6.  Wild Wild West
7.  Gunsmoke
8.  Bonanza
9.  Charlie Brown specials
10. M*A*S*H

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

MendelAlBQuirky

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2019
    McHale's Navy, Combat!, The Desert Rats, Batman, The Addams Family, Gilligan's Island, Wild Wild West, Branded!, The Lone Ranger,  Zorro.  And the short lived Green Hornet.

OH! and how could I forget the Red Skelton show.  The first time I ever heard a triple entendre joke that I understood and my parents didn't. I laughed so much I started to hyperventilate.
    AmatheAlBQuirky
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Knight Rider, Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazard, Magnum PI, Star Trek: TNG, Who's the Boss, The A Team, Happy Days, Fantasy Island, MASH
    AmatheAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    How long are we "kids?" Like @Flem said, Loved Magnum PI, but I was in High School/College for that one, while some shows were reruns in the afternoons :)

Otherwise (in no particular order):
    01) Rat Patrol
    02) Nightstalker
    03) M*A*S*H
    04) Batman
    05) Leave it to Beaver
    06) Wild Wild West
    07) Greatest American Hero
    08) Carol Burnett Show / and Friends
    09) Mary Tyler Moore
    10) Bob Newhart
    Amathe[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SmallieSmallie Member CommonPosts: 4
    I loved Johnny Quest tv shows. it was very fun filled
    AmatheAlBQuirkyMendel
    best of the best music
  • Gabriel679Gabriel679 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    i cannot remember 10, but i like the office us, disney channel programme like finish and ferd, the gravity fall, tom and jerry, etc
  • bendyrulerbendyruler Member CommonPosts: 6
    Button Moon!
    Smallie said:
    I loved Johnny Quest tv shows. it was very fun filled
    Johhny Quest was instrumental in my love of The Venture Brothers :)
    Mendel

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

-Scooby Doo (and most of the spin offs except the modern newest one)
    -Courage the Cowardly Dog
    -AAHHHHH! REAL MONSTERS
    -Rugrats (the original, not weird teen one)
    -Blues Clues (hey it was actually good even if made for babies :P I only liked the original actor though)
    -The Magic School Bus (hey it was good ok dont judge :P)
    -Cat Dog
    -Wild Thornberries
    -Dexter's Laboratory
    -Pinky and the Brain
    -Spongebob (but I still like it :P)
    -Pokemon (the original with Ash)
    -Ren & Stimpy
    -Invader Zim (so short lived :()
    -Xfiles (hey its not a cartoon!)

And I'm probably missing some. But those are the ones I watched the most any time they'd come on. Most of those would be VERY controversial today, even more than they were back then. And some I still watch sometimes. Courage is still amazing, still love scooby doo...I still like spongebob like I said up there and what person doesn't like xfiles lol

I've been so saddened by the crap networks now show on Saturday mornings. All of them live with actors and labeled "E/I", for "Educational" and "Informative." In other words, "propaganda."

Why can't we let kids be kids anymore? :shrug:

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    These shows will date a person, I was born in 1981 . . . I've never heard of Albquirky's shows so i'm guessing he/she is a wee bit older than me. 

G.I. Joe's
    Transformers
    Voltron
    He-Man
    blackwolf - helicopter show
    Knightrider
    Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    Where in the world is Carmen San Diego 
    Dukes of Hazzard
    A-team
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Wasnt allowed TV as a kid, so ... none ?
    AlBQuirky
    These shows will date a person, I was born in 1981 . . . I've never heard of Albquirky's shows so i'm guessing he/she is a wee bit older than me. 

Yea, I graduated high school in 1981 :)

A lot of the shows on my list can be seen MeTV or Heroes and Icons, now. My childhood is now in syndication :cry:
    Amathe

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• XarktardXarktard Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited March 2019
    :D
    Post edited by Xarktard on
    learis1
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    edited March 2019
    1. Reboot
    2. Gargoyles
    3. Beast Wars
    4. DragonBallZ
    5. Space Ghost Coast to Coast
    6. Justice League
    7. Salute Your Shorts
    8. Rocko's Modern Life
    9. Little Bear
    10. All Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry cartoons

----

Born 1987. Very thankful for the cartoons I got to watch as a kid in the 90's and early 00's. I'm obviously biased, but I consider it the golden era for Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Heheh, some of those 90's cartoons (especially Ren & Stimpy), you can't get away with that stuff today.
    AlBQuirky

Mend and Defend

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I left out Sanford and Son. "I'm coming Elizabeth!"
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Franz123Franz123 Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    edited March 2019
    I'm a Web Designer in an online company that offers these dog training collars which are one of the most useful tools used for training. Primarily used to correct bad habits such as barking, digging, and chewing, a training collar can transform a misbehave dog into a well obedient dog.  Sesame Street, of course. :)
    Post edited by Franz123 on
    Amathe
    OG_Zorvan said:

Chico and the Man
    Good one!
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

Oh man! I forgot a hole lineup that NBC used to run in the 70's. It was their "Mystery Movies" that aired on Wednesdays and Sundays. They rotated a bunch of "police shows" like MacMillan and Wife (had a huge crush on Susan St. James), McLeod (with Dennis Weaver), Columbo (with Peter Falk), Heck Ramsey (with Richard Boone), Banacek (with George Peppard), and about 10 others that ran here and there.

Here's the Wikipedia link.
    [Deleted User]

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

Damn you, Amathe!

Now I'm recalling Sunday Evenings as my family watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (with Marlin Perkins and his buddy, Jim) and then "The Wonderful World of Disney", which usually showed a Disney movie or featurettes.
    Amathe

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    Damn you, Amathe!

Now I'm recalling Sunday Evenings as my family watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (with Marlin Perkins and his buddy, Jim) and then "The Wonderful World of Disney", which usually showed a Disney movie or featurettes.
    I watched both. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNux796PUk
    AlBQuirky

I watch too much TV! Watching Buck Rodgers on MeTV I was reminded of the old "Battle of the Network Stars" annual show in the 70's. Those were always fun to watch and the swimsuits didn't hurt, either :eyebrow waggle:

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Batman (The 60's version with adam west)
    Good Times
    Brady Bunch
    Different Strokes
    Gilligan's Island
    Gi Joe 
    Todays Special (looking back at this as a adult now , clearly Jodie was either a schizophrenic or doing some heavy drugs on the night shift) 
    Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon
    Reading Rainbow
    The Muppet Show

AlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    edited May 2019