Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Z390 Aorus Pro Motherboard Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageZ390 Aorus Pro Motherboard Review

Motherboards are an interesting component in a PC. While the CPU is the brain and the GPU drives the visuals, the motherboard is the body while enables all of these components to work in concert with each other. However, for many people, myself included until recently, the motherboard was always an area to save a little extra money. However, having a quality gaming motherboard can go such a long way to maximizing the investments you’ve made elsewhere in your gaming rig.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    I dont know what the hell these numbers mean but Ill be damned if they dont look attractive.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited February 2019

I dont know what the hell these numbers mean but Ill be damned if they dont look attractive.

Those benchmark numbers mean that both motherboards are equally fast.

Additionally the benchmarks for AID64, Geekbanch and 7-Zip mean that someone on MMORPG.com has done really sloppy job when labeling items on their charts.

EDIT: Someone on MMORPG.com has fixed the charts /EDIT
    Post edited by Vrika on

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Just because someone is a gamer doesn't mean they know all the technical nuances of computing. These reviews tend to be aimed at people who already know quite a lot about computing, while people like me are left watching and enjoying the pretty colors. Maybe include some notes along the way that explain more about what this stuff is? Just a suggestion. I'm sure it's awesome for computer science majors.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Motherboard is more like the nervous system, the case is the body.
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    I tried fitting this in my Xbox One X, but it didn't fit. I now have a disassembled Xbox with no way of putting it back together, along with a slightly bent motherboard. This review told me I could use this in my Xbox, but clearly that's not the case. I regret my decision.
    Gdemami
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Most people who are aware of how important mobos are know to buy an ASUS. This is likely why the benchmark numbers did not pit this mobo against an ASUS x299 prime or any recent ROG Mobos. If you are looking for the top of the line get an ASUS mobo. My Rampage Extreme 3 IS STILL running in my backup desktop(and runs most VR games) after almost 8 years now. ASUS Mobos are like pre-2010 Steelseries reliability.
    Gdemami
     I've been here a while...
  • pokiuytpokiuyt Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Yes this fact is absolutely real, actually this is the reason why now my gaming pc is working fine
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Amathe said:
    Just because someone is a gamer doesn't mean they know all the technical nuances of computing. These reviews tend to be aimed at people who already know quite a lot about computing, while people like me are left watching and enjoying the pretty colors. Maybe include some notes along the way that explain more about what this stuff is? Just a suggestion. I'm sure it's awesome for computer science majors.
    It isn't really that good for people who know about computers either. MMORPG.com doesn't have the kind of benchmark database or expertise for benchmarking that dedicated hardware review sites have.

This websites hardware reviews are more for watching and enjoying the pretty colors than useful information.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    "body while enables all of these components.."

I think you meant which. Sorry but this is the 2nd' time this week alone that these supposed "writers/editors" haven't done any proofreading! It's bad enough its in the beginning!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "I never understood the whole need to attribute human traits to inanimate objects."

My coffee mug Bob shakes his fist at you in protest.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• milayskymilaysky Member UncommonPosts: 39
    so still with all those HW you cannot run full specs 1080p gaming at 144Hz ..ok, lame iron ..one would hope for some proper progress on the HW side ..I'm still running my old 2600K on 4,5GHz ..so no upgrade for me yet.

..mobo looks good tho, but I wouldn't buy anything RGB ..it isn't even a thing for me.
    What kind of person buys a RGB headset, mouse, RAM, GPU, MoBo, Case, Fans ..RGB light on wall ( WTH? ) needs sunglasses for livingroom ( with RGB preffered ) )
    ..can't avoid the "shaijt" ..is there a RGB HDD? would love to have that in my casing, waiting for RGB cables ..epileptic

..my pc Brano says hey to Bob