Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited February 2019
    Dakeru said:
    Please, Slap repeats the same criticisms of SBS over and over. 
    Fair enough but that is partly cause Caspien repeats the same mistakes over and over again as well.
    *lol* That is certainly true. I facepalm as much as the next guy regarding that. I just don't find any pleasure in gloating over him struggling. Which is exactly what Slap, Frenchie and a few others here do.

The other thing is that they want to pretend that they have some particular ability or insight to spot projects that will struggle. KS indie projects of this nature are 90% likely to fail. There is no great feat in predicting it. It's one thing to discuss it in an objective manner but its pretty sad to create 3-0-0+ threads the sole purpose of which is to bait Caspian. You can see it from the tone of the posts.

Obviously Caspian should just ignore it but regardless of whether he does or not, all these threads are nothing other than trolling. This is not about helping a project to realise its faults but for the poster's own aggrandizement.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    StaalBurgher said:
    KS indie projects of this nature are 90% likely to fail. There is no great feat in predicting it. 

Isn't that even more a reason to be critical?
    I would personally prefer it if people invested in projects that aren't about giving you impossible promises but something realistic that may actually see a release.

No one benefits from a game that consists of a list of features that only exist on paper.
    Not the critics, not the fans.
    Gdemami
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Gdemami said:
    Yep, there are lots of hilariously flawed or otherwise ridiculous posts to get a good laugh about...
    If you are honestly laughing at every post you LOL at. I be worried about your mental state. I just took you as a troll that does that to every post. You seemly don't have a side. Not just to do with CoE. Meaning on these boards in general.

You really remind me of this guy on the CoE forums ages back. That guy didn't seem to be interested in the game at all. But was there all the time, like he had nothing better to do. Unless you really are a backer and is generally annoyed at Slap, when he keeps making these threads.

So yeah, it's a bit weird Slap goes on and on. More so since he isn't a backer, got a free account from what I know. If he has any interest in playing CoE is something else. But his points aren't completely off the mark either. 

If people were so bothered by Slap in general. Just not replying to him would solve the problem. Someone making hundreds of threads wouldn't go anywhere if people weren't replying to them. So either everyone is doing the longest troll for whatever reason or they all really do have good points. 
    GdemamiAnOldFart
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Dakeru said:
    CoE is a huge problem.
    5.5 mil flushed down the toilet means people like us who would actually like a new and fresh concept will never see it cause all the money is just tossed towards incompetent wannabe developers who have no idea how to make an actual game.

Just keep promising and the gullible will keep on giving you money.
    No one has a reason to make a game anymore cause this is just more profitable.
    Which one of the category do you belong to?

1) Gulled by SBS to pledged and now is being gulled by Slapshot to believe his "valid points".

2) SJW having hard time with people spending money as they see fit

You are just proving a point I was making...

[Deleted User]Torrsktweedledumb99
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:
    CoE is a huge problem.
    5.5 mil flushed down the toilet means people like us who would actually like a new and fresh concept will never see it cause all the money is just tossed towards incompetent wannabe developers who have no idea how to make an actual game.

1) Gulled by SBS to pledged and now is being gulled by Slapshot to believe his "valid points".

You don't have any points.
    You just attack anyone critical about anything and label them as self entitled.

It just always feels like you hate humanity itself and wish everyone was enslaved in a Shadowrun kind of corporation scenario.

I wonder what kind of deep self hatred it takes to take on your stance.
    Gdemami
    Harbinger of Fools
    *lol* That is certainly true. I facepalm as much as the next guy regarding that. I just don't find any pleasure in gloating over him struggling. Which is exactly what Slap, Frenchie and a few others here do.

The other thing is that they want to pretend that they have some particular ability or insight to spot projects that will struggle. KS indie projects of this nature are 90% likely to fail. 

I really doubt Caspian reads these boards anymore. But knowing KS fail rate is so high and really making games is a tricky thing in general. It's pretty common place for triple A games to bomb these days. I really wish SBS would change their ways. They have been doing the same thing for years now. They hype the hell out of something on discord, like it's just around the corner, but it's really not. I just don't get why they do this. 

All they are doing in the long run, is making people lose faith in them. Which isn't good for anyone. So while the people on here, you could argue aren't doing much. Well some people have tried to say something about it on their official forums to get shut down pretty heavily.

All I wanna know is why Caspian does all these stupid things. He clearly isn't learning at all. I was expected to hear something about domain selection. Since it was hyped like they could drop it in december, but pushed it back cause of the holidays. Which did make sense. Now it's the end of Feb and there has been nothing. We have yet to see any state of elyria post. For a 6 monthly update post, it disappointing to see they can't even be bothered to update the greater community. Which is doing nothing but filling me with more doubts. Being silent isn't always the best way. Yet if it's some store event, well they do make sure those always happen on time. 

GdemamiStaalBurgher
    edited February 2019
    Torrsk said:
    If people were so bothered by Slap in general. Just not replying to him would solve the problem.
    Actually, that isn't a problem - I never said they are bothered by his posting, on the contrary.

The best reply to your post is an example of one of your very own:
    Torrsk said:
    What the hell is that? Like I get what it is, I just don't get anything else.. it seems like a bunch of kids making a game.

"Hey you know what would be real cool, lets build goat simulator"
    "What about Pre-Elyria or DSS"
    "Nah who cares, our fans will eat this randomness up anyway"
    "Yeah good idea, then secretly we will release this as a stand alone game"
    "Then run off with the millions we took from them"

Of course for all I knew, this only took a very short amount of time to make.
    All that to reaction of standard ragdoll test which is absolutely common in any game development involving 3D models. So what we have:

1) Ignorance - check
    2) Self-entitlement - check
    3) Slander - check
    4) Armchair developer comment - check

Don't feel bad, most of the posts here are like that, it is not just you - thus many my lol giveaways.

People aren't dev savvy, they lack knowledge of some field....no issue with that, we all have our strenghts and weaknesses but how the hell can you justify such post?! Some people even dare to call it "valid points"...mind boggling...

But I think we had this conversation already...
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchieAnOldFartFlyByKnight
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:
    CoE is a huge problem.

Your usage of the very tired "SJW" just kinda proved how ignorant your entire perspective is.  You're one of THOSE folks.  Enough said, and how lacking in any true intelligence or clarity.
    GdemamiKyleran[Deleted User]

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981
    Guys I will ask nicely again.  Please stay on target.

I you want to make a Slapshot thread please do so.  This isn’t that thread.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited February 2019

There are 300+ threads about you, this one included...
    [Deleted User]FlyByKnight
    Actually no. Please go back to just silently LOLing all posts.
    tweedledumb99craftseeker

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:
    You are describing yourself perfectly.
    Unlikely, I am not the one with 300+ troll CoE threads under my belt...
    Better than 300+ troll LOLs 
    [Deleted User]tweedledumb99TorrskFlyByKnight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well Slap, the original target was about JWs strong negative response to a couple of articles here and on MassivelyOP which dared to be a bit "probing" in their approach. 

It is over and done with for now, perhaps we need a thread to discuss something else,  I'll take care of it and save you from being accused of starting thread number 301.
    Scot[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Torrsk said:
    If people were so bothered by Slap in general. Just not replying to him would solve the problem.
    Actually, that isn't a problem - I never said they are bothered by his posting, on the contrary.

The best reply to your post is an example of one of your very own:
    Torrsk said:
    What the hell is that? Like I get what it is, I just don't get anything else.. it seems like a bunch of kids making a game.

"Hey you know what would be real cool, lets build goat simulator"
    "What about Pre-Elyria or DSS"
    "Nah who cares, our fans will eat this randomness up anyway"
    "Yeah good idea, then secretly we will release this as a stand alone game"
    "Then run off with the millions we took from them"

Of course for all I knew, this only took a very short amount of time to make.
    All that to reaction of standard ragdoll test which is absolutely common in any game development involving 3D models. So what we have:

1) Ignorance - check
    2) Self-entitlement - check
    3) Slander - check
    4) Armchair developer comment - check

Don't feel bad, most of the posts here are like that, it is not just you - thus many my lol giveaways.

People aren't dev savvy, they lack knowledge of some field....no issue with that, we all have our strenghts and weaknesses but how the hell can you justify such post?! Some people even dare to call it "valid points"...mind boggling...

But I think we had this conversation already...
    You completely missed the point of that reaction to a ragdoll test, but you intentionally do so because you have an inability to competently debate with anyone without intentionally misrepresenting the argument to try and make it seem like the other person is being absurd (EDIT- I should say, this is when you aren't merely insulting others merely for the sake of being a useless Edge Lord).  It has the end result of you just looking like a troll, because almost nobody falls for your shit.

Go back to LOLing posts, where you at least had plausible deniability for yourself.  The more you post, the clearer it becomes to everyone here that the discussion was better off when you just LOL-bombed.
    GdemamiSlapshot1188Torrsktweedledumb99KyleranStaalBurgher

Kyleran said:

Well Slap, the original target was about JWs strong negative response to a couple of articles here and on MassivelyOP which dared to be a bit "probing" in their approach. 

It is over and done with for now, perhaps we need a thread to discuss something else,  I'll take care of it and save you from being accused of starting thread number 301.
    Thanks!

edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:

Maybe you should wonder why I reacted like that. But seems easier for you just to throw around insults. But whatever floats your boat. 
    GdemamiAnOldFart
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Lost confidence in this guy shortly after the KickStarter.  I maintain the game if it ever comes out will be a massive flop; unfinished, not optimized and lackluster.  People are calling him on his BS and the heat in the kitchen is a little much eh?

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

Torrsk said:
    But seems easier for you just to throw around insults.
    Says someone who throws insults at developer(s) left and right...

See, no wondering, I was spot on.
    Gdemami said:
    Torrsk said:

I have always spoken bluntly. If you can't handle that, maybe wear your big boy pants. I have talked more bluntly directly to Caspian before. He didn't seem to mind it. I don't see the point of sugar coating when I'm clearly frustrated by the delays, then the lack of communication when they don't even explain why everything gets delayed.

PS: Every time you LOL at me. I feel this warm sense of love. It's like the people that downvote me on the CoE forums. Am I annoying you that much? For someone that seems to hate people here attacking SBS, you keep coming back bumping all the threads. So please keep doing you, just shows how much you love us all.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiAnOldFart[Deleted User]tweedledumb99
    edited February 2019
    Torrsk said:
    I have always spoken bluntly.
    ...favor returned. Now, who can't handle it...
    AnOldFartcraftseekertweedledumb99
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Torrsk said:
    Gdemami said:
    Torrsk said:

I have always spoken bluntly. If you can't handle that, maybe wear your big boy pants. I have talked more bluntly directly to Caspian before. He didn't seem to mind it. I don't see the point of sugar coating when I'm clearly frustrated by the delays, then the lack of communication when they don't even explain why everything gets delayed.

PS: Every time you LOL at me. I feel this warm sense of love. It's like the people that downvote me on the CoE forums. Am I annoying you that much? For someone that seems to hate people here attacking SBS, you keep coming back bumping all the threads. So please keep doing you, just shows how much you love us all.
    He obviously mistakes it for Lots of Love in this context. 
    He is just showering everyone with his love and huga
    tweedledumb99
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    You are wrong about @Gdemami, he is not "Captain LOL", because he doesn't laugh out loud, he giggles maniacally every time someone makes a post that is a reaction to his trolling.
    tweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    In Chronicles of Elyria no one can hear you laugh! :# 
    KyleranSlapshot1188
    Dakeru said:
    StaalBurgher said:
    KS indie projects of this nature are 90% likely to fail. There is no great feat in predicting it. 

Isn't that even more a reason to be critical?
    I would personally prefer it if people invested in projects that aren't about giving you impossible promises but something realistic that may actually see a release.

No one benefits from a game that consists of a list of features that only exist on paper.
    Not the critics, not the fans.
    I agree but the problem is there is no other game developer offering
    (1) permadeath/ageing
    (2) offline character persistence
    (3) developer provided social/legal framework to enforce player made rules

It is also not simply a matter of being constructively critical, which would be entirely acceptable. Unfortunately the vast majority on this forum is about gloating. Naturally someone like Slap would reply "What about x, y, z? Do you think that is acceptable?" No, I don't think that is acceptable but neither did it require 3-0-0+ threads of quite deliberate baiting to state x, y, z.
    craftseeker
    Torrsk said:

The other thing is that they want to pretend that they have some particular ability or insight to spot projects that will struggle. KS indie projects of this nature are 90% likely to fail. 

I really doubt Caspian reads these boards anymore. But knowing KS fail rate is so high and really making games is a tricky thing in general. It's pretty common place for triple A games to bomb these days. I really wish SBS would change their ways. They have been doing the same thing for years now. They hype the hell out of something on discord, like it's just around the corner, but it's really not. I just don't get why they do this. 

All they are doing in the long run, is making people lose faith in them. Which isn't good for anyone. So while the people on here, you could argue aren't doing much. Well some people have tried to say something about it on their official forums to get shut down pretty heavily.

All I wanna know is why Caspian does all these stupid things. He clearly isn't learning at all. I was expected to hear something about domain selection. Since it was hyped like they could drop it in december, but pushed it back cause of the holidays. Which did make sense. Now it's the end of Feb and there has been nothing. We have yet to see any state of elyria post. For a 6 monthly update post, it disappointing to see they can't even be bothered to update the greater community. Which is doing nothing but filling me with more doubts. Being silent isn't always the best way. Yet if it's some store event, well they do make sure those always happen on time. 

Ultimately, I think it comes down to can he deliver on offline character persistence (or OPCs as they call it). That is the core technical challenge that SpatialOS was supposed to solve. Most other design features are simply a matter of "can it be fun?". Or at least I can't think of anything right now that is as technically important. If they made a big miscalculation on OPCs then the project is dead in the water.
    Kylerancraftseeker