Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Gdemami said:
    AnOldFart said:
    OK so let me do this slowly... 
    ...probably still too fast for you.

You are arguing a point no one was disputing - it does not what Welsh said or didn't.

The claim was that there is a KS rule stating that SBS must declare "whole amount" - an amount needed to create entire game, and SBS broke that rule.

That clam is obviously false because no such rule exists.
    Walsh.
    Gdemami said:
    AnOldFart said:

You are arguing a point no one was disputing - it does not what Welsh said or didn't.

The claim was that there is a KS rule stating that SBS must declare "whole amount" - an amount needed to create entire game, and SBS broke that rule.

Also, maybe we can agree that the rule is vague and allows for both interpretations.

JUST KIDDING LET'S KEEP ARGUING.
    AnOldFart
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:
    AnOldFart said:

Also, maybe we can agree that the rule is vague and allows for both interpretations.

JUST KIDDING LET'S KEEP ARGUING.

Ok, I disagree with you.
    Scottweedledumb99

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Gdemami said:
    AnOldFart said:

Walsh.
    I have suspected...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,819
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    Wheres the rule that says all projects must set a funding goal that covers their whole project? 

I can't find that in their rules section.
    ...it exists in his head only.

Well, and on the Kickstarter web site, (see above) but whatever.

Try not to make it so easy.

;)
    You can set additional goals and ask for additional funding, but I thought everyone realised that if you ask people to fund you in a KS project they are paying for what's on the tin's label?
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    Wheres the rule that says all projects must set a funding goal that covers their whole project? 

I can't find that in their rules section.
    ...it exists in his head only.

Well, and on the Kickstarter web site, (see above) but whatever.

Try not to make it so easy.

;)
    You can set additional goals and ask for additional funding, but I thought everyone realised that if you ask people to fund you in a KS project they are paying for what's on the tin's label?
    Apparently everyone except Captain LoL.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    ... The problem here is once again that you cannot take the KS info at face value. You have to do due diligence.
    Now why would that be ?

Is it because the KS proposal could be withholding some important info perhaps ? ;)
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited February 2019
    There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that SBS were deliberately dishonest in their KS proposal.

Jeromy Walsh knew that saying the KS funding total was only meant to build a "demo for investors" would hugely dampen the enthusiasm of potential backers, so that fact was conveniently omitted...

Sure, there may have been hardcore fans that were already aware of that fact, seeing as they were active on the CoE forums long before the KS arrived, but there would have been many others who would not have known that "hidden detail". New arrivals would have taken the KS info at face value, which is quite acceptable, seeing as that funding proposal should contain all pertinent facts regarding what is being funded.
    Would it have been better if the summary said it was a for a prototype in those exact words? I agree. Still doesn't prove dishonesty. The problem here is once again that you cannot take the KS info at face value. You have to do due diligence.
    The information required to do a true due diligence isn't required to be provided to potential backers. 
    Unfortunately, for KS it is required, otherwise it would not be so cheap and accessible for the developer. KS is where projects go that have no other hope.
    Gdemami
    edited February 2019
    Slapshot1188 said:

How do you draw that conclusion from this rule:
    The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project

It says nothing about only breaking it if you are dishonest.   So please show me where it gives an exception for incompetence.  Or says you have to break the rules intentionally. 

Then why did you highlight "honest and clearly" if it is not relevant? Convenient at the time to imply dishonesty, but not so much now?

Because clearly when the topic came up Caspian was very open that they did need more cash beyond the kickstarter. My impression was always that the funding goal was for a prototype with which to get further funding.

Your claim is that they set out to deliberately mislead people. That claim is false.
    Again that is incorrect

No, all you have is speculation. Driven by your dislike of Caspian because he was rude to you. Which he shouldn't have been. But ultimately there are 3-0-0+ threads on this game, a significant portion started by yourself, for the sole purpose of internet revenge. It is both impressive and sad.

Unless YOU are Caspian! *head explodes*
    Incorrect again... I'm going to have to add you to the list with Captain LoL and Groundhog Day guy.

I suppose that is your only recourse. 3-0-0+ threads on how much this game fails is pretty good evidence that you have a massive personal grudge.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99Slapshot1188
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Slapshot1188 said:

How do you draw that conclusion from this rule:
    The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project

It says nothing about only breaking it if you are dishonest.   So please show me where it gives an exception for incompetence.  Or says you have to break the rules intentionally. 

Then why did you highlight "honest and clearly" if it is not relevant? Convenient at the time to imply dishonesty, but not so much now?

Because clearly when the topic came up Caspian was very open that they did need more cash beyond the kickstarter. My impression was always that the funding goal was for a prototype with which to get further funding.

Your claim is that they set out to deliberately mislead people. That claim is false.
    Again that is incorrect

No, all you have is speculation. Driven by your dislike of Caspian because he was rude to you. Which he shouldn't have been. But ultimately there are 3-0-0+ threads on this game, a significant portion started by yourself, for the sole purpose of internet revenge. It is both impressive and sad.

Unless YOU are Caspian! *head explodes*
    Incorrect again... I'm going to have to add you to the list with Captain LoL and Groundhog Day guy.

I suppose that is your only recourse. 3-0-0+ threads on how much this game fails is pretty good evidence that you have a massive personal grudge.
    Well what is he supposed to answer?
    The threads he made at least have valid critical points.

All you do is repeat over and over again that he has a grudge as if that would invalidate his points.
    GdemamicraftseekerSlapshot1188Kyleran
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Dakeru said:

...his ignorance and self-entitlement aren't sufficient to make his "points" even remotely valid.
    tweedledumb99[Deleted User]Slapshot1188KylerancraftseekerFlyByKnight
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:

...his ignorance and self-entitlement aren't sufficient to make his "points" even remotely valid.
    You are describing yourself perfectly.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99Slapshot1188KylerancraftseekerNildenCryomatrix
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited February 2019
    Dakeru said:
    Unlikely, I am not the one with 300+ troll CoE threads under my belt...
    tweedledumb99[Deleted User]craftseekerFlyByKnight
    Slap pretty clearly has a personal grudge against CoE.

Slap also raises some good, valid criticisms about the project and how its handled. These are worth looking at for anyone interested in the project.

Both are true.

Also @Gdemami, I want you to stop trolling and be more critical about the games you identify with.
    GdemamiStaalBurgherAnOldFartcraftseeker
    Very common defense mechanism is to try and turn the thread from it’s subject to be about Slapshot. You know... kill the messenger (harbinger).

Lets stay on target. 
    Gdemamicraftseeker

edited February 2019
    I want you to stop trolling and be more critical
    Hardly trolling, just reasonable.

So far, objectively speaking, there isn't much to be concerned about - delays and changes happen, Walsh is terrible at communication/pr. But that is about all there is.

Rehearshing those 2 same "points" over and over...now that's trolling.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188IselincraftseekerFlyByKnight
    edited February 2019

Slap also raises some good, valid criticisms about the project and how its handled. These are worth looking at for anyone interested in the project.

Both are true.

Also @Gdemami, I want you to stop trolling and be more critical about the games you identify with.
    This is the thing, Caspian/SBS are worthy of criticism but there does need to be a balance because more often than not the discussion tilts all the way across to hyperbole and disingenuous trolling. That is often the only reason I post is to highlight that. Of course if you are uncritical of SBS in anyway your are a fanboy, which just further illustrates how off balance most of the commentary here is.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:
    Unlikely, I am not the one with 300+ troll CoE threads under my belt...
    No, you are the one with the 10.000 Lols under your belt.

Both are true.

This is the thing, Caspian/SBS are worthy of criticism but there does need to be a balance because more often than not the discussion tilts all the way across to hyperbole and disingenuous trolling. That is often the only reason I post is to highlight that. Of course if you are uncritical of SBS in anyway your are a fanboy, which just further illustrates how off balance most of the commentary here is.
    No one is arguing that Slap has an emotional affiliation with this project.
    He is a critical character. Always has been.
    And honestly a part of is already looking forward to him covering the nonsense promises the revamped Mortal Online will bring with it.

The point is he won't allow himself to be blinded by his critical stance and that is why his input is still valued in this community even after years of critical coverage.
    Gdemamicraftseeker
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited February 2019
    Dakeru said:
    Yep, there are lots of hilariously flawed or otherwise ridiculous posts to get a good laugh about...
    [Deleted User]FlyByKnight
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:

Yep, there are lots of hilariously flawed or othwerwise ridiculous posts to get a laugh at...
    I'd say that was a relatively conservative estimate.
    ScotKyleran
    Chamber of Chains
    Dakeru said:
    Well what is he supposed to answer?

All you do is repeat over and over again that he has a grudge as if that would invalidate his points.
    Please, Slap repeats the same criticisms of SBS over and over. For all the valid criticisms of the COE forum's ivory tower mentality, a similar thing happens here. Lots of backslapping for anyone that is critical and immediate dogpile of someone that is less than critical.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,819
    cheyane said:
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:

Yep, there are lots of hilariously flawed or othwerwise ridiculous posts to get a laugh at...
    I'd say that was a relatively conservative estimate.
    There is all of Gdemami's for a start. :)
    [Deleted User]
    Please, Slap repeats the same criticisms of SBS over and over. 
    Fair enough but that is partly cause Caspien repeats the same mistakes over and over again as well.

When you are 2 years past your release date and you still have not even an alpha to show and instead toss more features towards the community which no one asked for then he simply didn't learn his lesson.

It  will keep going like this for a few years until Caspien finally reveals something playable for a bigger audience.
    GdemamiStaalBurgherWellspringKylerantweedledumb99
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited February 2019
    Dakeru said:
    It  will keep going like this for a few years until Caspien finally reveals something playable for a bigger audience.
    ...nah, that will only result in "$5.5M gets you... part II" thread - equally ignorant and equally stupid.

CoE isn't a problem, that very thread is a prime example of what an actual issue is.
    Gdemami said:
    Dakeru said:
    ...nah, that will only result in "$5.5M gets you... part II" thread - equally ignorant and equally stupid.

CoE isn't a problem, that very thread is a proof of whst an actual issue is.
    CoE is a huge problem.
    5.5 mil flushed down the toilet means people like us who would actually like a new and fresh concept will never see it cause all the money is just tossed towards incompetent wannabe developers who have no idea how to make an actual game.

Just keep promising and the gullible will keep on giving you money.
    No one has a reason to make a game anymore cause this is just more profitable.
    GdemamiScotMendel
    Harbinger of Fools