Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most populated MMORPG right now?

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
What is the most populated MMORPG right now? WoW, Guildwars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14 etc etc. Is there even way to know for sure?

P.S    what is the dumb "You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again" So you cant post more than once every 4 minutes? and if you do you get a spam block and cant post for 10 mins? how dumb

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    just as in your other thread .... it  still Lineage 1
    Scot
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited February 2019
    I postedin other section but that section seemed dead when i looked at it. Seemed like it said the last responses   from anyone was last month so i posted in the busier section.

Also, I should have mentioned that I dont want old MMO's like Lineage 1. Nothing from the 90's or early 2000's. WoW is an exception
    Gdemami
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Lay off the posting spam.. and you won't need to worry about the spam blocker. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Ungood said:
    So what is the most populated MMORPG that iksnt from the 90's?
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Definitely Club Penguin. That game is simply in a tier of its own, and if you're not playing it you must be leaving under a rock... or iceberg!!!! lolololol

Mend and Defend

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Scorchien said:
    just as in your other thread .... it  still Lineage 1
    That depends on whether the question means specifically an English-language version, or without regard to language.
    Scot
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    There's no way to know for sure. That's the only honest answer anyone can give you. You pretty much listed the biggest populations in the West yourself and missed out BDO, which is definitely a big contender. Runescape is probably packed as well.
    AlBQuirkyGdemamiScotKyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Wedlen said:
    Ungood said:
    There is no way for us to know for sure. That's the real answer.

Happy, now you never have to worry about this question again.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Ungood said:
    Wedlen said:
    Ungood said:

This is the Internet.  Since when has having no clue what we're talking about ever stopped us from expressing strong opinions?
    AlBQuirkyUngoodAmatheeddieg50KyleranMorgenes83
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Companies don't release their active user counts anymore.

In the west there are only a few who could be considered high pop MMOs. WoW, FFXIV, BDO, and ESO. GW2 always feels high pop because of their super server structure that puts everyone from every server into 1 map until it fills up and then opens more maps, so if your criteria is how many people you can play with it can fit into the above group.
    AlBQuirkyKyleran
    Quizzical said:
    Ungood said:
    Wedlen said:
    Ungood said:

This is the Internet.  Since when has having no clue what we're talking about ever stopped us from expressing strong opinions?
    Touche' 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Life, 7 billion+ users, it is pure hardcore mode with one life only. It is also extremely P2W and severely unbalanced. 

Isnt atlas considered an MMO

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    In the west it's probably WoW or FFXIV.
    Signex

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Wedlen said:
    What is the most populated MMORPG right now? WoW, Guildwars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14 etc etc. Is there even way to know for sure?

No way to know for sure because games have stopped publishing their numbers. It has no bearing on your gaming choice as far as I am concerned. I am currently playing what many might consider is a dead game but because I have found friends and a guild of nice folk I am very happy in the game.

At the end of the day the number of people playing a game should not be a gauge one uses to play it. You will miss out on great games with this attitude.

SovrathKyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited February 2019
    Even if Atlas is considered an MMO, after almost 2 months since release, it's dropping players extremely fast and won't be anywhere near the top populated games. 
    You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

- Rush, Freewill (Album: Permanent Waves)
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's probably some browser game I haven't played or heard of that has 50 million players. 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I would say based on how fast they are coming out with DLC's and new content ESO would be the most pop   
    Margrave
  • 0107sj0107sj Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    In the west it's probably WoW or FFXIV.
    I'd say ESO is up there tbh. Feels like every town is full of people right now.
    MargraveMorgenes83
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    My vote would be ESO
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited February 2019
    EVE Online is one of the few MMOs left which publish current login figures.

Looks like as of today accounts logged in are ranging from 15K to 30K with an average of 19K.

As many in EVE run multiple accounts its hard to know how many individual players those logins represent.

Source:
    https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon