Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV Patch v4.55 Launches with Eureka Hydatos, The Forbidden Land & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV Patch v4.55 Launches with Eureka Hydatos, The Forbidden Land & More - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV has been updated to bring the v4.55 patch online. It features new content including The Forbidden Land, Eureka Hydatos and a new Rival Wings map, Hidden Gorge. Players will also find new side story quests, housing updates that include Furnishing Design Contest winners, PvP adjustments, The Feast preseason start and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its unfortunate but at the same time shows how they are running out of ideas when yoshida confirmed at one of the eu fanfest interviews that there be another diadem/eureka like style of content in the next expansion cycle. I kind of think MrHappy's idea would work better by just implementing super higher level portions to the open world so it makes people constantly go out and do something while getting something 'rewarding' (aka glamours/mounts/pets...yay). Personally, I feel the game still needs some kind of post cap progression outside of gear or at least gear the adjust how you play. Since ARR/HW/SB, as soon as you hit cap, you play literally the same way for those 2 years. Of course that's pretty sure for most mmorpgs since wow, but even wow would modify gameplay via tier sets (before bfa) and legion (although I heavily criticize how they went about this method) would consistent give your job something to look forward to as the artifact system expanded.
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Tried getting into this game a year back and couldn't understand how people loved it so much. Combat is sluggish, story is flat, nothing felt new.