Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited February 2019

Projects must be honest and clearly presented.

Our community is built on trust and communication. Projects can’t mislead people or misrepresent facts, and creators should be candid about what they plan to accomplish. 

--------------

But there is no accountability (that word again). Here we have a project that misstated the time it would take by multiple years and counting, the amount of money needed, the source of the money, the "fabric" the game would be built on (technology)...

... and none of that matters.  It's a problem with CoE, but also a problem with Kickstarter in general because if Kickstarter was functioning properly this type of behavior should never be allowed.

So Strawman?  Hardly.  Please do not belittle actual tangible arguments with dismissive words like that.

The problem here is that your assumption of what a Kickstarter is, is flawed. You are entirely right there is no accountability for a Kickstarter except that they attempt to complete their project. SBS is trying to complete their project and that is the only promise that you can morally hold them to. And I say morally because there are no legal grounds for anything here.

Should there be a more structured alternative to Kickstarter that would be more suitable? Sure competition is good and if it is better all indie development would move to that platform.

So funny that you directly contradict others on here that accuse me on "injecting" Kickstarter into the discussion.  :p
    No, there is a promise to attempt to complete the project, that is all.

Publishing deadlines is just fluffy nice to haves but ultimately has no relevance as to whether the project is completed. Don't get me wrong I think they should do it if they said they have but this is not an argument against "Kickstarter".
    Sure but the point of the thread is that CoE specifically is doing stuff that's not good.

Your general point about Kickstarters is a good point, and people arguing against it while citing only CoE stuff, that doesn't make sense.

But it does make sense for them to continue to criticize CoE.
    His comment that he has the "only" valid criticism/complaint against crowdfunding is utterly wrong.
    Well I concede, I misspoke there. I should say Kickstarter specifically. There should ideally be different levels of structure for crowdfunding as a whole. Industries/projects/products/teams differ and the more structure the easier it is to get people to donate.
    Gdemami said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    There is simply to repercussion to a company that gets money and then breaks those rules.

...what rules were broken?
    I literally posted one of their rules and what was broken a few posts above... Do you read Bro?

Seriously...

Our community is built on trust and communication. Projects can’t mislead people or misrepresent facts, and creators should be candid about what they plan to accomplish.

-------------

That is an actual posted rule.

CoE did not show that the amount being asked for was not the full amount of the project on the KS main page. KS actually required this.  This was pointed out when it was revealed, but it was not revealed until AFTER the campaign closed.  No action was taken.   Is that clear enough example of a rule that was broken with no accountability?

COE clearly stated they would continue raising funds after Kickstarter. Could they have been clearer on how much more they would need? Yes, I agree but there is no proof they deliberately misled anyone. In fact, given their track record with public relations I think there is evidence enough that they simply have no clue on that score.

Once again, with Kickstarter the onus is on the backer to do his own due diligence. That is the level of security you get with Kickstarter, i.e. virtually none.

Edit: the ones about CoE launch timelines and feature timelines and underlying-tech choices and info-update timelines don't yet add up to me as legit failures of Kickstarter, but one of the other of Slap's points does add up! As Slap showed, SBS knew they'd need more money originally, which is against the rules (and I'm assuming on faith that SBS hasn't faced Kickstarter consequences for breaking that rule..?).
    The interesting angle here is that Slap claims that SBS are grossly incompetent. If they are that incompetent it is quite possible they did not realise how far off they were.
    tweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Any word from PC gamer yet?...Ok I did this one several pages ago but the thread has been going so long I thought it was worth asking again. ;)
    lol no, PC Gamer doesn't care. That was just Caspian throwing his toys.
    tweedledumb99craftseeker
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Edit: the ones about CoE launch timelines and feature timelines and underlying-tech choices and info-update timelines don't yet add up to me as legit failures of Kickstarter, but one of the other of Slap's points does add up! As Slap showed, SBS knew they'd need more money originally, which is against the rules (and I'm assuming on faith that SBS hasn't faced Kickstarter consequences for breaking that rule..?).
    The interesting angle here is that Slap claims that SBS are grossly incompetent. If they are that incompetent it is quite possible they did not realise how far off they were.
    Please go read the Caspien interview on Massively.  I have linked it before and quoted it multiple times. Caspien claimed they needed $2-$3 million more.  This was what HE SAID.  He also said the extra money would be covered by investors not players.

Yet here we are...  $5.6 million raised by Crowdfunding so far and not even in Alpha. Years late and millions over budget.  Stubbornly starting and scraping projects like ElyriaMud and VoxElyria. Putting resources into “demos” like the Mines and Jousting which are then no longer supported due to backend changes.  Ignoring the skeptics and making SpatialOS the fabric the game would be built on before, yup you guessed it, scrapping all that work and claiming to be able to easily replace it with a tiny team and off the shelf programs (and having done so in mere weeks or months).

So yeah. In my world we call that incompetence. 

Now whether it was simple incompetence or intentional that they didn’t state the Kickstarter didnt cover the costs of the project is irrelevant.  The rules don’t say “The funding amount is the amount of money a creator needs to complete their project unless you forget to tell us”

——————

How much has been raised or promised from investors to date? How much of the additional $3 million will be covered by investors rather than players?

We’re not able to talk about investor relations right now. It’s not that we don’t want to. We can’t. Of the additional $2M – $3M, it’s our intention that all of it be covered by investors, or at least, not players. When we have more information we’ll release it to the community.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Scot said:
    Any word from PC gamer yet?...Ok I did this one several pages ago but the thread has been going so long I thought it was worth asking again. ;)
    No word from PCGamer  ;)
    But we also didn’t get the 0.5 State Of Elyria Update that Caspien promised back in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. The delay was last blamed on underlings a few weeks ago. Caspien recently admitted that he was surprised to find out they were working on 0.5 for 4+ months.  He thought it was only 2 months.  I guess we know why every deadline is missed.  His Gantt Charts apparently do not mark time.

But maybe the real delay is just waiting for PCGamer to give them that big expose’...

:D 
    Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

You appear to be trying to build a strawman about kickstarters in general, and accuse others of focusing / hating only on COE.

I raised valid concerns about whether or not a backer feels the team is capable of delivering the project, if it is properly funded, or if the goals are even in the realm of possibility yet you ignore, because it dispels your argument?

MadFrenchies comment pissed you off, so rephrased,  in what reality are the points being raised invalid, clearly not the one most of the rest of us reside in.

(Though I know of at least one other resident in there with you.)

;)

Those aren't arguments against Kickstarter. They are arguments against COE. There is the strawman.
    They are arguments directed at any and all MMORPG kick starters, of which COE is one.

Same applies to CU where I showed even though I had decent reason to believe promises might be kept, clearly things haven't worked out.

Same questions apply to any other KSer, games, new hard goods or otherwise.

Someone puts up a crowd funding effort for flying cars or personal jet packs you can be sure I'm going to want to see a demo of the anti-gravity tech, PhDs of engineering team along with their Nobel prizes for their discovery.

Again, you continue to deflect, you're beat and you know it, time to withdraw gracefully while still possible. 

How can I "be beat" by stating that Kickstarter is use at your own risk?
    Again you raise the strawman, let's return to the original point which you framed as an "absolute."

"This is actually one of the best (only?) arguments against backing a crowdfunded game; it takes so long that you might not be interested once it is done."

I disagreed saying a backer should also weigh a team's ability to successfully deliver the product.

Factors to review include talent, funding plans, technology and realistic schedules.

Since much of this has to be taken on faith how trustworthy the leaders are also comes into play. 

I then provided examples of how CU failed to meet promises on delivery dates despite appearing to be somewhat possible but clearly has missed its mark. 

Had you simply agreed at this point the discussion would have ended, but you went off in tangents, responding more to other posters on topics they or you raised.

I and others challenged Caspian on several of these points during the KSer as by then it was no longer our first rodeo, and for the most part our concerns played out as predicted.

Setting aside specific project examples, do you still stand besides your original point of the "only" valid reason to not support a specific KSer is because the backer might lose interest?

I agreed this was actually one factor, but I believe I've made a solid case to refute. 

I forgot another important one, some people might not have disposable income they are willing to part with on the promise a game might be delivered "someday," especially when the track record for all MMORPG projects on estimating delivery has been abysmal to date.

Gdemamitweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

StaalBurgher said:

Please go read the Caspien interview on Massively.  I have linked it before and quoted it multiple times. Caspien claimed they needed $2-$3 million more.  This was what HE SAID.  He also said the extra money would be covered by investors not players.

Yet here we are...  $5.6 million raised by Crowdfunding so far and not even in Alpha. Years late and millions over budget.  Stubbornly starting and scraping projects like ElyriaMud and VoxElyria. Putting resources into “demos” like the Mines and Jousting which are then no longer supported due to backend changes.  Ignoring the skeptics and making SpatialOS the fabric the game would be built on before, yup you guessed it, scrapping all that work and claiming to be able to easily replace it with a tiny team and off the shelf programs (and having done so in mere weeks or months).

Now whether it was simple incompetence or intentional that they didn’t state the Kickstarter didnt cover the costs of the project is irrelevant.  The rules don’t say “The funding amount is the amount of money a creator needs to complete their project unless you forget to tell us”

——————

How much has been raised or promised from investors to date? How much of the additional $3 million will be covered by investors rather than players?

We’re not able to talk about investor relations right now. It’s not that we don’t want to. We can’t. Of the additional $2M – $3M, it’s our intention that all of it be covered by investors, or at least, not players. When we have more information we’ll release it to the community.

No, Slap you do not get to put words in my mouth. I said nothing as to their actual competence.

(1) You say they grossly incompetent.
    (2) You say they lied deliberately about how much they needed.
    (3) I stated that if they are as incompetent as you say it might be the case that they might simply did not have knowledge to accurate estimate how much they needed.

Do not pretend that I am discussing their competence. I wasn't. The problem is you want to butter your bread on both sides. You have a long track record of that.

(4) It is irrelevant what he said about investors. They tried, they couldn't get any. Simple as.
    edited February 2019
    StaalBurgher said:

——————

No, Slap you do not get to put words in my mouth. I said nothing as to their actual competence.

(1) You say they grossly incompetent.
    (2) You say they lied deliberately about how much they needed.
    (3) I stated that if they are as incompetent as you say it might be the case that they might simply did not have knowledge to accurate estimate how much they needed.

Do not pretend that I am discussing their competence. I wasn't. The problem is you want to butter your bread on both sides. You have a long track record of that.

(4) It is irrelevant what he said about investors. They tried, they couldn't get any. Simple as.
    Please show me #2

As far as I know, I never claimed it was a deliberate lie or just another example of incompetence.  At one point I put "mistakenly" in quotes to show this is what they claim but who knows.   But as to the point about Kickstarter, it doesn't matter in the least if you leave it out intentionally or are just incompetent. 

So it's amazing that a guy who talks about "strawmen" and then says "You don't get to put words in my mouth", then goes and does BOTH to me.
    Gdemami

edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    StaalBurgher said:

Again you raise the strawman, let's return to the original point which you framed as an "absolute."

"This is actually one of the best (only?) arguments against backing a crowdfunded game; it takes so long that you might not be interested once it is done."

I disagreed saying a backer should also weigh a team's ability to successfully deliver the product.

Factors to review include talent, funding plans, technology and realistic schedules.

I then provided examples of how CU failed to meet promises on delivery dates despite appearing to be somewhat possible but clearly has missed its mark. 

Had you simply agreed at this point the discussion would have ended, but you went off in tangents, responding more to other posters on topics they or you raised.

I and others challenged Caspian on several of these points during the KSer as by then it was no longer our first rodeo, and for the most part our concerns played out as predicted.

Setting aside specific project examples, do you still stand besides your original point of the "only" valid reason to not support a specific KSer is because the backer might lose interest?

I agreed this was actually one factor, but I believe I've made a solid case to refute. 

I forgot another important one, some people might not have disposable income they are willing to part with on the promise a game might be delivered "someday," especially when the track record for all MMORPG projects on estimating delivery has been abysmal to date.

(1) I disagreed saying a backer should also weigh a team's ability to successfully deliver the product. Factors to review include talent, funding plans, technology and realistic schedules.

Yes those are drawbacks for having a very open market to entry for people with ideas. The drawback is the backer has to do all the due diligence. My statements has to do with the claims that Kickstarter is broken, immoral, fraud, shouldn't exist etc.

What you are talking about is having differing tiers of risk when the crowdfunding platform does due diligence to greater/lesser degrees. I agree with that completely. Right now Kickstarter does zero due diligence but this is also clearly stated. Hence there is "no argument against it".

(2) Examples of COE are irrelevant as to whether there is a rational for Kickstarter, a crowdfunding platform with zero due diligence, to exist. It only serves as evidence of the risks of using it but it is still great that there is a platform where people can take those risks.

(3) Setting aside specific project examples, do you still stand besides your original point of the "only" valid reason to not support a specific KSer is because the backer might lose interest?

Ok, I see what has happened. Bad phrasing on my part, apologies. I am talking about crowdfunding/Kickstarter in general. Obviously, as an individual backer looking at a particular game you need to do your own due diligence. Which might not really be practical or possible I grant you, hence why you should probably have platforms with higher base DD done on your behalf. The platform would necessarily charge higher fees. So indie developers with more provable credentials can get more funding at the lowest tier. Devs with no reputation would get more funding at a higher tier but at a higher cost. Something like that.
    Please show me #2

As far as I know, I never claimed it was a deliberate lie or just another example of incompetence.  At one point I put "mistakenly" in quotes to show this is what they claim but who knows.   But as to the point about Kickstarter, it doesn't matter in the least if you leave it out intentionally or are just incompetent. 

So it's amazing that a guy who talks about "strawmen" and then says "You don't get to put words in my mouth", then goes and does BOTH to me.W
    Well, your post highlighted this and the argument that they did not disclose the "full amount" seems to indicate you are accusing them of dishonesty.

If you retract the claim that they deliberate withheld estimate cost information then sure, I can see how I misunderstood you.

You guys strawman me constantly for simply trying to bring some balance to a conversation.

Simple fact is that SBS are trying to build what they said they would. Could they be doing it better, probabaly but that is irrelevant.
    Please show me #2

So it's amazing that a guy who talks about "strawmen" and then says "You don't get to put words in my mouth", then goes and does BOTH to me.W
    Well, your post highlighted this and the argument that they did not disclose the "full amount" seems to indicate you are accusing them of dishonesty.

If you retract the claim that they deliberate withheld estimate cost information then sure, I can see how I misunderstood you.

You guys strawman me constantly for simply trying to bring some balance to a conversation.

Simple fact is that SBS are trying to build what they said they would. Could they be doing it better, probabaly but that is irrelevant.
    Again-  Whether it is incompetent or intentional makes no difference. That second quote above is from Kickstarter not Slapshot.   It was not clear that the amount being raised was not the entire amount needed to complete the project (this was a Kickstarter Rule as pointed out by Massively).  It was not stated on the KS page.

So I ask you again.  Where did I "say they lied deliberately about how much money they needed"

I didn't.

But that doesn't stop YOU from putting words in my mouth... sorry "seems to indicate" doesn't cut it.  Neither does you AGAIN saying I need to "retract the claim that they deliberate withheld estimate cost information".  A claim I am still waiting for you to show me.

Why do YOU think you can make up things I never said?  Is it OK because it's for the greater good of the game?  Do you not see the utter irony that you do EXACTLY what you complain about? There is a Psychology term called Projection.  Caspien can probably explain it to you as he has a degree in Psych.

Gdemami

edited February 2019
    Please show me #2

Again-  Whether it is incompetent or intentional makes no difference. That second quote above is from Kickstarter not Slapshot.   It was not clear that the amount being raised was not the entire amount needed to complete the project (this was a Kickstarter Rule as pointed out by Massively).  It was not stated on the KS page.

So I ask you again.  Where did I "say they lied deliberately about how much money they needed"

I didn't.

But that doesn't stop YOU from putting words in my mouth... sorry "seems to indicate" doesn't cut it.  Neither does you AGAIN saying I need to "retract the claim that they deliberate withheld estimate cost information".  A claim I am still waiting for you to show me.

Why do YOU think you can make up things I never said?  Is it OK because it's for the greater good of the game?  Do you not see the utter irony that you do EXACTLY what you complain about? There is a Psychology term called Projection.  Caspien can probably explain it to you as he has a degree in Psych.

It makes every difference whether it is intentional, incompetence or simple estimate variance. If they did it through incompetence or simple variance they did not break a rule.

The fact is that you highlighted it when discussing whether they broke KS rules by withholding information. How is that interpreted other than deliberate dishonesty?

Where do I put words in your mouth above?
    Please show me #2

I didn't.

It makes every difference whether it is intentional, incompetence or simple estimate variance. The first is very bad. The second is a concern. The third is to be expected.

The fact is that you highlighted it when discussing whether they broke KS rules by withholding information. How is that interpreted other than deliberate dishonesty?

If they did it through incompetence or simple variance they did not break a rule.

Where do I put words in your mouth above?
    Kickstarter rules do not differentiate between intentional or incompetence. 

I listed exactly where you stated I said things I did not say.
    At this point, you are simply being silly.  Everyone can read what you posted so I will just be happy to leave it there for all to see.

So anyhow,  any update on the big 0.5 State of Elyria?

tweedledumb99

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kyleran said:
    StaalBurgher said:

(1) I disagreed saying a backer should also weigh a team's ability to successfully deliver the product. Factors to review include talent, funding plans, technology and realistic schedules.

Yes those are drawbacks for having a very open market to entry for people with ideas. The drawback is the backer has to do all the due diligence. My statements has to do with the claims that Kickstarter is broken, immoral, fraud, shouldn't exist etc.

What you are talking about is having differing tiers of risk when the crowdfunding platform does due diligence to greater/lesser degrees. I agree with that completely. Right now Kickstarter does zero due diligence but this is also clearly stated. Hence there is "no argument against it".

(2) Examples of COE are irrelevant as to whether there is a rational for Kickstarter, a crowdfunding platform with zero due diligence, to exist. It only serves as evidence of the risks of using it but it is still great that there is a platform where people can take those risks.

(3) Setting aside specific project examples, do you still stand besides your original point of the "only" valid reason to not support a specific KSer is because the backer might lose interest?

Ok, I see what has happened. Bad phrasing on my part, apologies. I am talking about crowdfunding/Kickstarter in general. Obviously, as an individual backer looking at a particular game you need to do your own due diligence. Which might not really be practical or possible I grant you, hence why you should probably have platforms with higher base DD done on your behalf. The platform would necessarily charge higher fees. So indie developers with more provable credentials can get more funding at the lowest tier. Devs with no reputation would get more funding at a higher tier but at a higher cost. Something like that.
    See  I thought we actually might have been closer in agreement, but we both got lost in the weeds a bit.

For the record I am not arguing against crowdfunding in general and while there can be no guarantees I feel the project sponsors should endeavour to be as honest about projections as possible not only in the beginning but afterwards as well.

As many know, it really "grinds my gears" when all of these indie projects go many years past their original promise date and yet feel no obligation to provide a revised projected release date.

In all fairness, many backers don't seem to care, SC being the best example of the money flowing in with nary a date set for either the single player or multiplayer version. 

Even CU who does it right by offering refunds hasn't seen a stampede of backers demanding refunds, so I guess it really doesn't matter so why should devs bother.

I  have a misguided moral compass which believes in always telling the truth despite the consequences.

I well understood Rorscach's position in the end of the Watchmen.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2019

They do not differentiate because it is not possible. They only break the KS rule if they are dishonest. So if they left information out due to simple incompetence, which you also claim, they did not break a KS rule.

You right however, it is there for all to see.

They do not differentiate because it is not possible. They only break the KS rule if they are dishonest. So if they left information out due to simply incompetence, which you claim, they did not break a KS rule.

You right however, it is there for all to see.
    How do you draw that conclusion from this rule:
    The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project

It says nothing about only breaking it if you are dishonest.   So please show me where it gives an exception for incompetence.  Or says you have to break the rules intentionally. 

But you know what... don't bother.  As I said you have now entered silly land.

Let's talk about the 0.5 update and temper tantrums.  

Kyleran said:

As many know, it really "grinds my gears" when all of these indie projects go many years past their original promise date and yet feel no obligation to provide a revised projected release date.

In all fairness, many backers don't seem to care, SC being the best example of the money flowing in with nary a date set for either the single player or multiplayer version. 

Even CU who does it right by offering refunds hasn't seen a stampede of backers demanding refunds, so I guess it really doesn't matter so why should devs bother.
    I thought so too.

Time overrun is a major problem. At what point can you realistically expect these guys to give up on their dream? Backers are still giving them money.

I mean (1) aging and permadeath, (2) offline character persistance, (3) built-in medieval themed social/legal system. Somebody has to try this and a traditional publisher is not going to because the risk is too great.
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295

That isn't true, they could get investors. Some were interested in the game, even way back then. Caspian/SBS choose not to take them on. For what reason/s, SBS wasn't ever clear on that point. My guess, they wanted to put some form of loot boxes in the game. Something I have still been confused about, spark prices are insanely low. I can't see how they would keep their doors open after launch only having them. No doubt something investors didn't like, since every MMO seems to have some kind of loot boxes/store in them now days.

I do remember around the same time Caspian saying how much money they needed to make the game. Was only meant to be a few million more. Which you could put down him being wrong to a number of things. I would've thought he guessed higher than lower. At the time being my clueless self, something I did believe. Being more wiser to the whole thing, wondered how I believed something that was clearly not true and wonder why he said it. Surely someone with experience within the field, would know how much an average MMO would take.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sometimes the drama caused by public relations deaf developers is more fun than the actual game. 
    Slapshot1188StaalBurgher

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Slapshot1188 said:
    It was not clear that the amount being raised was not the entire amount needed to complete the project (this was a Kickstarter Rule as pointed out by Massively). 

KS does not have any such rule, no matter how many times you gonna repeat that nonsene.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188tweedledumb99[Deleted User]
    Gdemami said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    It was not clear that the amount being raised was not the entire amount needed to complete the project (this was a Kickstarter Rule as pointed out by Massively). 

KS does not have any such rule, no matter how many times you gonna repeat that nonsene.
    Source = Massively and Caspien did not dispute.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Gdemami said:
    Slapshot1188 said:

That’s the whole fucking problem. There are no rules worth a shit.

Zero Accountability

Kickstarter just gets their 5% regardless. They don’t give a shit how these projects are managed and they sure ain’t going to waste any of that hard earned 5% (sarcasm) in  policing their system.
    Mendel

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee