Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's people's thought on Albion and Legend of Aria?

AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,600
I haven't play Albion. 

Playing Legend of Aria at the moment.  Surprise how much "safe zone" there are.  Got through most of the game without going in unsafe zone.

There are also an moded server called legend of ultima.  Presumably try to make the game more "ultima liked".  

I haven't played Albion.  The review I heard on it isn't so good.  So didn't  try it.  I'm the type who read player's review to decide if try a game or not.

I also prefer legend of aria still have no cash shop at the moment.  While ALbion I understand have a premium subscription?

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    I play Albion from time to time

Gameplay is fun. I like the graphic very much.

I dont think the game managed to acomplish what it was after - being sort of medieval EVE online.

But the devs are actually ( suprisingfor today day and age of MMOs ) are moving the game indirection people are actually liking.

That being sai, its full loot PVP mmo. So you know what to expect

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    legend of aria,

I don't mind developers doing classic ideas, but the top down not knowing whats around me in a 20 foot circle is something I'll never like, much less in an mmorpg.

Awhile back I've seen footage of players fighting things that were off their screen, and their group mates were off the screen too.... This completely turned me off.

This is one classic idea, I'll never like.
    BossChonoiamspamicus
  • BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    legend of aria,

I don't mind developers doing classic ideas, but the top down not knowing whats around me in a 20 foot circle is something I'll never like, much less in an mmorpg.

Awhile back I've seen footage of players fighting things that were off their screen, and their group mates were off the screen too.... This completely turned me off.

This is one classic idea, I'll never like.

This for me too, unless you can zoom way out. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Top down view is not a classic idea in the sense of old school, it is just a cheap way of programming. But I have enjoyed such games, just not as MMOPRG's.
    BossChonoGdemami
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Albion is a really good grinder if that's what you want.   Even stupid mechanics like 5 people in each guild determining the fate of territory control, actually reinforces grind mechanics since it means the best grinders with the highest statistical advantages have social leverage in such events.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• sergio77sergio77 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2019

So I recently bought the game (yesterday) and I'm about to buy my first Island... where should I buy it and do you have any tips free netflix tech news & tricks to share that would help a newbie out ?

Post edited by sergio77 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Albion is ok, but quickly becomes repetitive. It's far too simplistic, and lacks any real depth to sustain people's interest the way an MMO has to.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
                                         They both suck

Dont be fooled by imitations

If you want a UO experience there is one place to get it.....https://uo.com/

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    DMKano said:
    Tried both.

Disappointed x2
    You are as bad as me! :)
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    Tried both.

Disappointed x2
    We don't get along..... But this I believe !
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    They both get a solid "Meh out of 10."

Joined - July 2004

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    People's "thought" singular?  Is that a reference to the expectation that people not actually think about them at all very much?