Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Delayed?

TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
edited February 2019 in Anthem
Looks like they are delaying early access. 

For the last 2 weeks the origin app has stated it starts... right now.

Now, it says I've got to wait another day.

Not good...

EDIt: Turns out it was a mistake with the Origin Launcher.. that they knew about but never said anything.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comments

• raduuraduu Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I thought it starts on the 15th ?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    raduu said:
    I thought it starts on the 15th ?
    It does...
    [Deleted User]EponyxDamortweedledumb99
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    They kinda did, kinda didn't.

Bioware says that they always said it was the 15th and assumed that gamers would assume (yeah, you read that right) that they meant the 15th in Bioware's timezone. Meanwhile, Origin had it set to 12:01am 2/15/19, which then adjusted based on your own timezone (leading to some people seeing it as the 14).

Meanwhile, they didn't correct the Origin listed launch date, which has shown the 14th incorrectly for about 2+ weeks. Or comment on the numerous threads/graphs/images in Reddit regarding the 14th date, while they simultaneously participated in several other threads/conversations on Reddit every day.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited February 2019
    It's said 14th Feb 10:30pm for me since I got premier. I'm in the UK. My mate in New Zealand had the same release time (15th Feb 11:30am, that's the same time as it said for me but in their timezone).

Either way, mistake or a change, they've messed up. We took holiday days to be able to play properly. Very annoying lol.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Bioware/EA doesn't know the difference between a trailer and a short film.

Taking vacation days on their word and recent track record?

Octagon7711
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not everyone is bitter and grinding their teeth looking for something to hate and be cynical about all the time.

The launcher said it was now, no one said otherwise. It's not the user's fault.
    EponyxDamorOctagon7711
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Not everyone is bitter and grinding their teeth looking for something to hate and be cynical about all the time.

There was a definite lack of communication between Bioware and EA to get the Origin launcher to display the correct date. For the past two weeks content creators, Redditors, and online journalists have been talking about the early access date of the 14th. They definitely knew it was being discussed and hoped no one would notice the last-minute correction.

I don't necessarily fault Bioware, but they definitely hold some of the blame for allowing the conversation to continue without correcting it.
    GdemamiOctagon7711
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Well enjoy your vacation then!  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Not good...

EDIt: Turns out it was a mistake with the Origin Launcher.. that they knew about but never said anything.
    Oh dear god, a sky is falling post.  How cute. 

Not good...

Not really. It's just annoying when you're waiting to play something and then, literally, at the last minute it changes. I'm sure you understand that, being a gamer, even though you're trying to show off and look cool.
    [Deleted User]Mackaveli44
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Not good...

Not really. It's just annoying when you're waiting to play something and then, literally, at the last minute it changes. I'm sure you understand that, being a gamer, even though you're trying to show off and look cool.
    Yes, Im trying to show off and look cool by saying your post is the sky is falling post.  You're 100% right, mmhmm.  You literally took the time to post a complaint that they have a bug in the launcher... wonderful use of your time bud!
    Gdemami

Not good...

Yes, Im trying to show off and look cool by saying your post is the sky is falling post.  You're 100% right, mmhmm.  You literally took the time to post a complaint that they have a bug in the launcher... wonderful use of your time bud!
    You mean the 30 seconds it took? It was a fine use of my time because I was trying to figure out what had happened and someone replied with the dev's reddit post.

Keep being cool, though. I'm really impressed by your forum bravado.