Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spellbreak First Impressions - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSpellbreak First Impressions - MMORPG.com

Announced back in October 2018, Spellbreak is not just another copy and paste battleground simulation. Peer into Proletariat's world for just a moment and you’ll find fireballs tossed around like frag grenades, whirlwinds, levitating icicles, and teleporting assassins all decorating a mystical landscape with the bodies of your enemies. Spellbreak is a fantasy-themed battle royale and after months of closed alpha testing, Proletariat’s own iteration on the battle royale genre apparates above the parapets today.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited February 2019
    You need to change the name of this website from mmorpg.com to battleroyale.com. Keep up with the times, guys!
    Psym0nWhiskeydustnycplayboy78velimiriusArskaaaRicardo5802sakerjungmtswingoodOyjordand 7 others.
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited February 2019
    I 100% thought this game had died. Actually downloaded it off steam the other day and it didn't work, but I guess it was still in closed testing then. Edit: Nevermind, I was confusing it with Spellgear, which does seem to have died. Either way though, this is a BR I may be actually interested in!
    nycplayboy78
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Looks like it would've made a somewhat interesting mmorpg. Oh well.
    bobbymcswansonnycplayboy78Jilynagrg210
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Albatroes said:
    Maybe if they had a way higher budget. A way higher budget.

Often times, a MMORPG isn't feasible, and, let's face it, even when we do get one, the snarky, depressed fucks on these boards (of which I am one) will likely spit on it anyway.
    nycplayboy78wingoodStrizzy12TacticalZombehYashaXGdemamiCynehild
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited February 2019

Albatroes said:

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Aeander said:

Albatroes said:

Maybe if they had a way higher budget. A way higher budget.

Often times, a MMORPG isn't feasible, and, let's face it, even when we do get one, the snarky, depressed fucks on these boards (of which I am one) will likely spit on it anyway.

I'd say we mostly point our ire at asset flip mmorpgs that come from the east or ones that are still in the 'concept' phase of their development after millions of dollars of funding and years talking about it.
  • Ricardo5802Ricardo5802 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited February 2019
    As soon as I hear or read these words, "Battle Royale", my interest in the article or the certain game being talked about, fast falls to 0...
    Oyjord
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Shouldn't even try to release a Battle Royale in 2019. As far as most people are concerned, Apex set a new gold standard and it's going to take a whole lot to surpass it.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Like I said the fantasy BR war is just beginning.

its a good day to be a pvpr ;)
    YashaX
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Strycker said:

Shouldn't even try to release a Battle Royale in 2019. As far as most people are concerned, Apex set a new gold standard and it's going to take a whole lot to surpass it.

I'll happily bet against you there. Apex is just a new free game. It is done well. But it's just shiny now in a world where there are lots of BR players. For this game I like the concept but unless they have toned down the movement speed and AoE sizes I can see it getting tiring really quick.

Neither AL nor this game have the depth of combat you have in Fortnite though. Which is unfortunate.
    If they could make it more like Last Avatar style bender combat with more counters it could be an awesome game.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    As someone who is really tired of Sniper Rifles and getting shot from clear across the map, this looks like a refreshing kind of game.. will be checking this out.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This looks really cool, the first BR game I've been interested in playing.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited February 2019
    Nvm, wrong thread, I am getting old...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer