Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 Impressions – Divided Gameplay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I had a blast and can't wait for release. I'm not concerned about what the game isn't and really enjoy it for what it is.  
    I understand your sentiment, but if Forsaken taught me anything it's that I can usually get an objectively better version of the game at a better price by merely not handing over my cash until/if the devs recognize and resolve issues they, for whatever reason, weren't able to see or resolve during initial development.

Div1 is also an example of this.
    Gdemami

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Thane said:

3dom said:

Don't forget grenades and explosive RC car bombs spam. Muzzle mods which reduce weapon's stability. Although these can be balanced - that's exactly what beta tests were originally designed for.

But degraded animations and unattractive characters will stay in he game forever - because these take a lot of resources yet the devs most likely will start working on third iteration of the game almost immediately after release. Here is the gallery with the "beautiful" female avatars:

https://imgur.com/a/XNzVZXL

The rumor is - they've outsourced female avatars to Mass Effect Andromeda team.

mine looked good. if you actually took the time to press that randomize button a few times, you clearly could see chars CAN look good, but for some reason most of the "randomized visuals" tend not to.

no idea why they used this randomized appearance, didn't like it either.

uh and for the record, who do you think would survive an apocalypse like that, models or fighters? (point taken?)
    Obviously you have never seen Zoolander. Otherwise you would know they are the best assassins.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Nibs said:
    The first full on, gold armour wearing, mini-gun weilding boss yo uencounter is indeed a bullet sponge...Unless you listen to the NPC's instructions and shoot the guy's ammo bag. Then he was much easier to kill.

I also watched a streamer simply headshot the same guy 2 or 3 times to remove the helmet then 2 or 3 shot to kill him.

So it seems weakspots are the way to go on bosses.
    Yes, many enemies have ammo bags, and destroying them will aid in killing them. Still, when you're at max level, it takes many, many shots to break the backpack on those golden armored guys, and it won't destroy their armor entirely, it's just an additional weak spot to hit. It disables them temporarily, but you won't drop one of them simply by going for that spot.

You can still knock the helmet off in several shots, if you have a sniper... but keep in mind that normally... sniper rifles do a very high percentage more of damage to headshots...  90% more damage sometimes, with their single shots often being the weapons with the highest damage to start with.  

If it takes more than a couple shots to remove a helmet... think about how much damage they have to be doing to that helmet to remove it. 
    Limnic

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    I had a blast and can't wait for release. I'm not concerned about what the game isn't and really enjoy it for what it is.  
    I understand your sentiment, but if Forsaken taught me anything it's that I can usually get an objectively better version of the game at a better price by merely not handing over my cash until/if the devs recognize and resolve issues they, for whatever reason, weren't able to see or resolve during initial development.

Div1 is also an example of this.
    That's cool but I loved The Division one from day one and love this one as well. Some see issues some see fun. shrug 
    I wanted to love it, but just did not see the gameplay as fundamentally entertaining. I understand  for those that come from the direction of combat being a grind to begin with it can seem overall fine, but it just never sat with me if I have to wait for either a mob or myself to die. It lends no depth to the experience personally, and mostly just drags things out. The Division was acutely subject to this, and with the concern about more PvP focus being pushed into Division 2 we will have to see how that is going to affect the extended PvE and general balance of the game as well.

Just never added up for me to a good enough user experience. 
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Biggest thing i could take away is the game is TOO easy.I watched Streamerhouse players playing a lot and yeah too easy even on hard mode.
    It looked ok,very linear,not a fan of immersion breaking with the hovering lights over loot.I mean it is not a game i would normally cry foul and say don't buy this crap,it was simply an OK game nothing more.
    Value,i could see some playing it a few times but not for the fun value but too simply see if they can attain better loot.
    Since i played CODMW2 before this game i could easily rate the difficulty level between the two as COD being an 8+/10 and Div2 being a 4/10 .I was even getting frustrated watching streamers play because all they were doing is standing up and just spamming bullets,very little strategy if any.I mean if we were trying to recreate SOME realism,your not standing in the open firing 50 bullets into a sponge without dying 20x over but most of the time it was so easy they could do just that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Biggest thing i could take away is the game is TOO easy.I watched Streamerhouse players playing a lot and yeah too easy even on hard mode.
    It looked ok,very linear,not a fan of immersion breaking with the hovering lights over loot.I mean it is not a game i would normally cry foul and say don't buy this crap,it was simply an OK game nothing more.
    Value,i could see some playing it a few times but not for the fun value but too simply see if they can attain better loot.
    Since i played CODMW2 before this game i could easily rate the difficulty level between the two as COD being an 8+/10 and Div2 being a 4/10 .I was even getting frustrated watching streamers play because all they were doing is standing up and just spamming bullets,very little strategy if any.I mean if we were trying to recreate SOME realism,your not standing in the open firing 50 bullets into a sponge without dying 20x over but most of the time it was so easy they could do just that.
    Nope, the game is a lot tougher than that, on hard mode, especially. I went through plenty of times on normal and hard mode, even after knowing exactly what was going to happen, we still had cases where enemies would change tactics, or weather effects made it hard to even see them. 

In no cases would anyone be standing in the open... you will die immediately standing in the open, you would get 1 shot by the robots, or immediately downed by drones.  You would even be immediately downed by drones if you were in cover.  

COD isn't a hard game at all... it's just a run of the mill shooter. Besides, it's nowhere as tough as the ghost recon games are. 
    [Deleted User]NyteWytchThaneMrMelGibson[Deleted User][Deleted User]MadFrenchie

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Still looking forward to this.  Reminds me of my Splinter Cell days.  
    [Deleted User]maskedweasel[Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    Nope, the game is a lot tougher than that, on hard mode, especially. I went through plenty of times on normal and hard mode, even after knowing exactly what was going to happen, we still had cases where enemies would change tactics, or weather effects made it hard to even see them. 

In no cases would anyone be standing in the open... you will die immediately standing in the open, you would get 1 shot by the robots, or immediately downed by drones.  You would even be immediately downed by drones if you were in cover.  

COD isn't a hard game at all... it's just a run of the mill shooter. Besides, it's nowhere as tough as the ghost recon games are. 
    You have to remember he is the expert on every game that he has never played. Watching a video somehow validates him to give these long winded opinions. No one should ever take anything this guy says with any credibility. Which he further demonstrated by comparing it to CoD lol. He is the David Avocado Wolfe of video games lol.

moshramaskedweasel
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited February 2019
    i just hope there will be come more bosses with mechanics better than "hit me more than i hit you!"

kinda liked the "private beta", even tho they refused to give me my shield >:(
    GdemamiOctagon7711

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I didn't plan on buying Div2 in fact I was just going to skip it entirely and play Anthem. But after playing that mess and seeing I was invited to Private beta for Div2, I gave it a shot. It was refreshing and they addressed a lot of the issues I had with Div1. Still not sure If I'm going to buy it but I'll give it another shot in open beta and decide then.
    maskedweasel
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    After countless hours in TD1, this is pretty meh. Both betas felt just like the same old same old. Solid pass for me.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I got to add the weather effects are pretty damn amazing.  Felt like I was in a hurricane at one point. I am running an I9 with a 2070 and 32 gigs and I could see the rain water coursing down my skin and objects around me. 
    maskedweaselSignex
    psiic said:
    I got to add the weather effects are pretty damn amazing.  Felt like I was in a hurricane at one point. I am running an I9 with a 2070 and 32 gigs and I could see the rain water coursing down my skin and objects around me. 
    Wow, I can't say I had that good of resolution on my PC, but yeah, the weather effects were an awesome addition. Really changes everything, I only saw rain and fog really, but I wonder if we'll see snow and stuff like that. 

So it seems you get a free game for pre-ordering. I got this email.

Thank you for purchasing a copy of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2! You are now eligible to receive a free game. You can choose between Ghost Recon Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2 or Far Cry Primal.

Follow the steps below to get your FREE Game:

• As soon as your The Division 2 copy appears in your Uplay games library* you are entitled to redeem your free game
    MadFrenchieGdemamimaskedweasel[Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Thank you for purchasing a copy of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2! You are now eligible to receive a free game. You can choose between Ghost Recon Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2 or Far Cry Primal.

• As soon as your The Division 2 copy appears in your Uplay games library* you are entitled to redeem your free game
    nice! which one did you choose?

nice! which one did you choose?

I picked WD2. I put a lot of hours into the first WDs, a lot more than FC series, so decided to give this one a try.

I also just finished doing a detailed survey of D2. They were pretty much interested in everything including a lot of questions about my solo play, DZ, and co-op experience. It appears they are very interested in player feedback. Even asked about the bullet sponge thing.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102

momintim said:

I keep seeing people complain about the bullet sponge, but if this is indeed and RPG first with shooting elements then I dont see the problem. In a RPG most enemies will not go down in a single hit unless high enough levels, but it just seems people think of this a shooter ala CoD.

Yep. Totally agree. I actually liked the bullet sponge concept and focus on equipment level. That's one of the main things that set Division apart from other multiplayer action games.
    Thane said:
    i just hope there will be come more bosses with mechanics better than "hit me more than i hit you!"

kinda liked the "private beta", even tho they refused to give me my shield >:(
    Yeah, I really wanted to use that shield.  :)

Cynehild said:

momintim said:

I keep seeing people complain about the bullet sponge, but if this is indeed and RPG first with shooting elements then I dont see the problem. In a RPG most enemies will not go down in a single hit unless high enough levels, but it just seems people think of this a shooter ala CoD.

Yep. Totally agree. I actually liked the bullet sponge concept and focus on equipment level. That's one of the main things that set Division apart from other multiplayer action games.
    I think it's fair to say that some sponginess is warranted, but... the entire issue people had with the first one was that it was way too boring to spend a long time to kill enemies.

I feel like some of the enemies are still too spongy here.  Most notably the mechanical enemies.  I think they have a good thing going with armor... and I think they should really focus on that aspect more than sponginess.  

I also wouldn't mind seeing more emphasis on conditions.  We don't see that a lot in The Division.  Sure you can stun them in the right conditions, or apply elemental affixes in the right circumstances,  but when was the last time shooting their legs slowed down and enemy or dropped them to their stomach, even temporarily?  

I just think there are better ways to handle sponginess, or battles in general, and thus far we haven't seen much of it in TD2.  Still a great game, just hoping we see surprises in store as we get to use more tools and find more mods and weapons, lest I fear the game will get very repetitive, very very quickly.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]

The sad reality is that even when fighting the high armor guys ,you can stand there a long time and just trade fire until you finally die just because he has more armor.
    When i played COD,i had to watch where i was hiding and not IF i was hiding,it was just that much harder.One false move and my screen would go red and made it even harder to see but in D2,you can just stand there and trade and nothing different happens until you die or he npc dies.

To me it is just a same old game design,generate the world then spam fire at mostly easy npc's then pop n drop versus the armor guys,not a whole lot of thinking strategy.
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    The sad reality is that even when fighting the high armor guys ,you can stand there a long time and just trade fire until you finally die just because he has more armor.
    When i played COD,i had to watch where i was hiding and not IF i was hiding,it was just that much harder.One false move and my screen would go red and made it even harder to see but in D2,you can just stand there and trade and nothing different happens until you die or he npc dies.

To me it is just a same old game design,generate the world then spam fire at mostly easy npc's then pop n drop versus the armor guys,not a whole lot of thinking strategy.
     No you really can't. You can't trade fire with an enemy AT ALL standing out of cover. Even with max armor you will die immediately.  

Here is the thing about the D2.
    All those streamers that were all excited to play division 2 are over playing Anthem,so how excited were they really about playing TD2? I mean 2 days later and they all jumped over to Anthem,pfft it really says a lot about how little passion gamer's have now a days,it is just a business to most,jumping around where ever their sponsors send them.
    Point being even those that were big time excited are not playing it,that sums it up right there.Streamerhouse is streaming Anthem 24/7 now yet ev1 of them said they couldn't wait until TD2 arrived.
    Gdemamimaskedweasel

Wizardry said:
    All those streamers that were all excited to play division 2 are over playing Anthem,so how excited were they really about playing TD2? I mean 2 days later and they all jumped over to Anthem,pfft it really says a lot about how little passion gamer's have now a days,it is just a business to most,jumping around where ever their sponsors send them.
    Point being even those that were big time excited are not playing it,that sums it up right there.Streamerhouse is streaming Anthem 24/7 now yet ev1 of them said they couldn't wait until TD2 arrived.
    haha you realize that they CAN'T play TD2, right? 

Open beta is still in 2 weeks, then the game launches on the 15th.  

Wizardry said:
    haha you realize that they CAN'T play TD2, right? 

Open beta is still in 2 weeks, then the game launches on the 15th.  
    Plus steamers follow the money.  They get all kinds of swag for playing ball with EA or they get blacklisted.
    maskedweaselGdemami