Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WoW is close. A fun refresher

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited February 2019 in World of Warcraft
PLEASE ADD YOUR OWN ! 

The World,
Life was never easy.  In the beginning you never felt pressure, no one knows you exist yet.  You had nothing and everything in the world hits hard.  Level 4-20 you died a lot but it was ok as long as no one seen it !.... No money, worthless weapons and feeling out players for friendships and Guilds. Maybe some pressure if asked to help a Druid get their Bear ability from the mookins or getting that giant spider egg from the cave in Shadowglen.  

Pressure ramped starting with Deadmines or Wailing Caverns this is where your reputation starts. Everyone is watching and all are under the microscope. Don't screw up more than once ! 

Your now in your mid 30's, you did all your pre-requites in Desolace for "In the Name of the Light" quest that takes you to Scarlet monastery… Your faced with a problem, you need help killing every boss in that place and you insist on completing it.  You know it will take a few days and a lot of luck but you've managed to find the manpower to accomplish this task.  You feel great, yet theirs not a single person in the world that cares but you !.....This is the life of an mmorpg player. 

What will you be ?
-Undead, given their evil persona, they don't seem to scary, with their hunch backs and spine showing as they cannibalize their pray. Their starting zone is Deathknell leading to Brill.  For me, this is the most graphically beautiful zone in the game.  It's the underlying village below the ruins of the Undercity. 
-Dwarf, bone chilling cold of Dun Morogh. The player can hear their footsteps in the icy cold as they venture quest next to Gnomeregan as they watch higher level groups making their way into it's dungeon.
-Elf, Teldrassil my favorite, reminding myself of a lonely love story, the music here alone would could make me cry for no reason.   And the deep forest makes it hurt when it's time to move on to Darkshore.  Thankful that's a continuation of the same.  I remember this was a hot zone gathering place for people to meet, and Darnassus was a busy city, sadly not sure if this would be the case again.

How will you fight ?

-Warrior, for such simple skills this class takes guts and a strong will to lead four others in battle.  Combat seems slow with your defensive armor but most rewarding when everyone comes out alive as they exit The Stockades.

-Warlock, both fun and strong.  What a game changer when you get that Voidwalker as your companion tank.  Remember training a new pet in the basement of that little shop in the Mage Quarter of Stormwind ?... The inner circle I think, not sure.

-Priest, being Holy took skill to survive alone. Sure you could mussel it the hard way, but study and a little Imagination allowed for very easy kiting.  Everything about this game was easy to play hard to master.

-Rogue and Hunter, intriguing use of combination's to achieve your goals. Fight one way for single targets, totally different for mobs depending how you control your pets and the arrows you use.  Rogues would backstab and vanish or straight forward carve it's opponent head on.  Your choice! 

Random bullets: 

Rogue quest SI:7

-Finding the spy hidden in the tree in Westfall 

- Finding the secret headquarters, with it's secret path hidden in the mountains of Hellsbread Foothills.

Warlock

-Each pet quest that would take you around the world.

-Fighting PvP outside Scarlet monastery 

-Getting the Zul'farrak mallet in the Hunterlands 

-Zul'farrak, fighting the 100 Zealots on the steps leading to the top of a pyramid with the desert afternoon sun.  

-Dancing in Stormwind

-Getting that valuable weapon from the auction house for almost nothing.

-Making a random friend in Swamp of Sorrows

-Someone randomly gives you an 18 slot bag, when your only level 5

Post edited by delete5230 on
mmolou

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Life was never easy. 
    Incorrect. It was, and is, a very easy game until you get into some of the harder raids. 
    mmolouMendel[Deleted User]MaurgrimKyleranDrunkWolf

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Amathe said:
    Life was never easy. 
    Incorrect. It was, and is, a very easy game until you get into some of the harder raids. 
    Well,
    This makes you a 5 star player because you played Everquest 1 back in the day.

I'm only a humble 3 star player.

You win !!!!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Amathe said:
    Life was never easy. 
    It was easy at the time compared to other games. But compared to modern games it's in no way easy. You couldn't pull a bunch of mobs and mow them down, dungeons actually required people to use their CC skills, things weren't handed to you, you had to actually earn gear and gold. I mean the list is pretty long of things that were changed to make it easier, but I can tell you playing the classic private servers it's a lot harder than I remember it being. 
    mikeb0817killmaxski
    Amathe said:
    Life was never easy. 
    It was easy at the time compared to other games. But compared to modern games it's in no way easy. You couldn't pull a bunch of mobs and mow them down, dungeons actually required people to use their CC skills, things weren't handed to you, you had to actually earn gear and gold. I mean the list is pretty long of things that were changed to make it easier, but I can tell you playing the classic private servers it's a lot harder than I remember it being. 
    Great balance of difficulty and fun.

As far as I know World of Warcraft wasn't designed for competition. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Nice creativity on the post. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Nice creativity on the post. 
    Thanks,
    I hope others can bring us down memmory lane... 
    Amathe said:
    Life was never easy. 

There are the people whose hardest MMO ever was WoW Vanilla, and there are the others ;)

Jean-Luc and Amathe...

Two winners  :p  
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    One of my best WoW memories was being in a raid (the 20 man troll place in Stranglethorn). We were fighting one of the bosses and one of our guys used his gadget to resurrect someone. Next thing we know, he's gone. We were thinking he crashed. Turns out he had his teleporter gadget equipped instead of his resurrection one (I don't remember the actual names) and he ended up in Gadgetzan. 

As a hunter, I LOVED the original design for Feign Death/traps and I absolutely hated it when they dumbed it down. Getting overrun by mobs in a dungeon, ending up being the last one standing and using FD/Pet to swap agro, ice traps to buy myself time and emerging victorious. That was some fun stuff. But all the lame hunters cried about not being able to use traps in combat (which we totally could via FD) and it got changed.
    Kyleran
    edited February 2019
    I was an Alliance rogue questing in Azshara.  I played Subtlety so I was not very strong but relied on trickery.... very hard to play.  I came across two Horde players of equal level.  I followed them forever learning their patterns.  Eventually I stunlocked one, killed the second, then killed the first..... Now in World of Warcraft, you can't tell emotions, but they looked very confused as to what happened.  They both re-spawned in a "seemingly" safe spot, but I let them live anyway.

Almost the same thing in the Western Plaguelands,  I found a world chest in the basement of a small crypt..... Instead of opening it, I waited a good 20 minuets hidden in a corner.  Along came two Horde, same thing....went exactly like expected.  Made the chest a trap.

I don't even like PvP !  
    Did ever tell you guys how I've beaten a level 60 alliance back then on my naked level 10 horde shaman ?
    Dang, sorry, I'll have to tell you that one someday when I'm bored and in need of attention.
    Something about your tone..... I know.....I think you hate my guts  :o
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Did ever tell you guys how I've beaten a level 60 alliance back then on my naked level 10 horde shaman ?
    Dang, sorry, I'll have to tell you that one someday when I'm bored and in need of attention.
    Something about your tone..... I know.....I think you hate my guts  :o
    Naw, he's just being French, ;) my guess is few posters here "hate" anyone on these forums very strongly. 

If they did most would probably not even read or respond. 

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Can someone please clear something up ?.... It's been on my mind for several years.

Long time ago playing retail, I was playing with my friends and we did this high level instance that took place in Southshore. It was scripted with NPC's attacking several towns leading to Tarren Mill's.... It may have been a level 60 adventure... Very entertaining... don't remember details.

Don't even remember where it started, BUT I'm now looking at a Vanilla Map.  It's showing an instance on the south end of Tanaris called "Caverns of Time". 

Could this be what I'm referring too, and is this actually in Vanilla ?

One of the most fun things I've ever done. Very hard too !
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If I allowed myself to experience and vocalize hate towards people who post nonsense on the internet, that would surely be the road to madness. I set the outside parameter at annoyance. And I try not to vocalize. Key word being try. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    If I allowed myself to experience and vocalize hate towards people who post nonsense on the internet, that would surely be the road to madness. I set the outside parameter at annoyance. And I try not to vocalize. Key word being try. 
    Very diplomatic way of expressing it..... Love it, really :)